It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The E.U. Panicking Or Just Getting Nasty ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

And then there's things like this:

It works both ways.

Stalled investment, fewer tourists, and a drop in food industry exports – these are just a few of the concerns Spain’s autonomous regions have about the potential economic impact of a hard Brexit.

Around 40 regions from across Europe have analyzed how they would be potentially hurt by Britain’s exit from the European Union in a new study coordinated by the European Committee of the Regions, the body which represents these regions in the EU. The document, which EL PAÍS had access to, emphasizes the “current uncertainty” in Brexit negotiations between London and Brussels and anticipates “immediate effects on commercial trade and the movement of people,” including tourists.

elpais.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The *UK* is acting like the problem will go away if they refuse to *start planning anything*. Of course it won't.

I corrected your sentence. My pleasure.

Lmao nice attempt at sounding witty, did you get that idea from Reddit?

Wow
So much glibly

Because you flame like a nine-year old. I do not feel menaced.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: alldaylong

But your Nigel F. didn't address the accusation (for all intents and purposes true) that the 'promoters' of Brexit had no (and have not, since the vote) viable plan for leaving the union.

Farage doesn't have a plan. He ran away soon after the result was announced, leaving the hard work to others.

Last night, he was asked on his radio show what his plan was. He said the same old same old about taking back control, which is not a plan.

Farage's children have German nationality and the man himself made a small fortune betting against the pound after the referendum.

Just another pirate pushing for no deal.

Farage was excluded from the whole process by both the government and the opposition, so quite why you think there is any justification in having a go at him I simply can't understand.

You might as well have a go at those of us in this place who voted leave but have not had a meening with Tusk and juncker to thrash things out, it's about the same level, really.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Cool down I know exactly what will happen. First you'll totally crash because there will be no deal. Which is okay because the whole thing will get delayed ad infinitum.
But the Banks will get scared and move out of London, the whole service industry will because they very much depend on UK functioning as relais betwedn EU and the world.
But the upside of things is house market will crash and you can buy a house for an apple and an egg.

So you won't leave but enjoy all the tremours of no deal Brexit. Shooting yourself in the foot? Yes. A lot.
Because the EU won't back down on backstop, which all this is about the agreements of the customs union, not any trade deal will be achieved not as long as you refuse to leave. But on the bright side there are people inside the EU who want you gone before the EU election cycle comes along so there are good chances you will be pushed to leave with no deal before that. May 26th. Which will give us all something to enjoybecause you'll keep playing your Share but you won't have any say anymore. And yes you people will blame the EU politicians but it's really your gouvernement cowards who will screw the population and make it all a lot worse than no deal ever could have been.
As some of you are not entirely paralised and dumbfolded there will be riots, which will destabilise you beyond consideration for any investments. That's bad. But eventually you'll leave and say nicely Thank you for becoming the chloride chicken trading deal trash can of the world.

Don't be mad at me I just tell you what I fear. Besides all optimism, which at this point is just not the right mindsetto brace for the future.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yes, we know, the sky will fall in and we will have to eat our pets and then we will all be killed in our beds.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Only if you're lucky.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

True!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

i used a foodbank yesterday, was nothing to do with brexit or austerity, just ran out of money after being laid off, i still support brexit even if i starve for a short while

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

And i definitely disagree with saying he is interfering. Interfering by it's very nature means trying to influence the outcome and he isn't doing that. Instead, he is simply making a (agreed pointless) statement.

^^^^^^ You honestly believe that wasn't a last throw of the dice at

scaremongering? .......pointless????? Why make it then.

Calculated last minute scaremongering from an EU looking into the abyss

as the UK wont be the last to leave.

Do you not agree that there should have been plans in place by those leading the campaign? Not only is it now apparent (and documented) that there were no plans, you have had many leading Brexiteers admitting they didn't even realise the complexities involved.

There were no plans in place because the MP's never for one minute

believed the vote would come back leave.

All 'leading' Brexiteers are remainers at heart.... including the one

making the soft negotiations

How can someone who doesn't beleive in something negotiate it?

Brexit is happening. Although i voted against, i have no issue with it happening - that side won the vote. But i have a major issue with a political elite that has shown how truly incompetent and clueless they are.

It has also shown up the EU for what it is a dictator ship. Surely as a responsible

'club' 'business' 'partnership' there should have had rules for leaving at the time

of joining.......a pre nuptial of sorts.

Not the Hotel California .......

'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never ever leave!'

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
But the Banks will get scared and move out of London, the whole service industry will because they very much depend on UK functioning as relais betwedn EU and the world.

Undoubtedly, parts of banks who do business with the Euro may need to transfer those functions into the Eurozone, but the banks will persist in London. The financial services out of London deals with more than just Europe and the Eurozone. It's worth noting that the service industry was never "free" in the the EU anyway, which was part of the imbalance. The "free-trade" part was mainly around manufacturing and agriculture which suited Germany and France. The service sector was never free. Finance and banking therefore has always operated in a more globalised manner and had to deal with constraints in Europe from the start.

For this reason London will remain the pre-eminent financial centre regardless of Brexit.

All this talk of squadzillions being transferred to Europe is just banks moving a line on a spreadsheet. It's meaningless. What counts is where the people are based and the focus of expertise.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

"THE END IS NEAR!" I feel a bit like a prophet, running down the street ringing a bell.
Get your # together, is what I mean.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

what do you think will happen at the end of march? extension or no deal exit?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No. 70% of the EU's GDP is from services. "Single market" implies services.

a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

What I said: Brexit gets delayed but the UK has to promise they won't participate in the EU election or other groundshaping enterprises. Actually worse than no deal.
edit on 7-2-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

i guess we just have to wait and see what happens now

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Yes! There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth!

But Albion will prevail.

And then the EU will tear itself apart and Europe will burn in flames and we can then engage smug mode.

Possibly.
edit on 7-2-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Yes I know North vs South has already happened. Did you hear about di Maio in France. Haha

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Just looked it up.

Excellent (strokes white cat on lap).

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

"engage smug mode" made me think of kryton on red dwarf lol, but on topic it's crazy what could happen and none of us know until the end of march, were british though we'll just moan a bit and get on with it

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

That's it! Well, spin my nipple nuts!

Stiff upper lip, chaps.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Right? It's so subversive it's quite funky. But my point remains the UK will spearhead towards decay. The first to go over the plank.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join