It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump accused of a Felony in today's Southern District of New York Filing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I agree.

Now about all this court of public opinion.....

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Sounds like Mueller has been working with a real piece of work, doesn't it? Cohen is dirty as can be, yet Mueller and his narrative pimps trust him. Sad.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Of course they trust him...when he says what he's told.

I'd like to see the evidence.

(post by olaru12 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

" Southern District of New York into crimes committed by the Trump campaign during the 2016 election. "

Hmm... New York you say ? Isn't that a Communist Country Now ? So Some Commies from N.Y. Hate Trump ? This is Somehow News Because >?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Sounds like Mueller has been working with a real piece of work, doesn't it? Cohen is dirty as can be, yet Mueller and his narrative pimps trust him. Sad.

Replace "Mueller" with "Trump" in that sentence and it still functions!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Paying someone hush money, so long as it is not paying them to keep them quiet about a crime, is not a crime. Adultery is no longer a crime, so while I am very sure a number of people wish a crime had taken place here, none did. Covering up something prior to an election... also not a crime.

I guess I should have expected this type of reaction on this site.

So your defense is just denial. So how well do you think that is going to work out for the president? Do you honestly believe he can just tell the prosecutors “I don’t think that’s a crime, go away!”

Yep, let’s see how well that defense works out.

Well, pointing out the fact that the alleged act does not violate any criminal statute or federal regulation is in fact an excellent legal defense.

Ok get a lawyer to say that and then you may have a point. Otherwise, you are grasping at straws at an attempted defense.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Nah, I don't reckon Trump trusts the rat faced tool now... if he ever did to begin with.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Trump's DOJ won't even arrest the people who staged a coup against the President. The odds are ZERO that they will take any action against their boss.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

and Cohen was trump's lawyer for how long...?
birds of the same feather...
edit on 8-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

As per my comments in the other thread on this topic, Trump has not committed a felony. If I ask my taxi driver to rush to get me to the airport, who gets the speeding fine? The driver is contracted as a professional driver who knows and adheres to the road rules. It doesn't matter what I ask him to do - he is 100% culpable.

Cohen was contracted as Trump's lawyer for providing legal advice. If Trump asks him to do something, it is Cohen's contracted role to inform him that it's not legal. If Trump continues to push, Cohen is legally required to advise Trump and refuse, and resign if he is continually asked to break the law.

But if Cohen just does what he's told without question, then he has contractually failed to provide adequate legal advice. If he paid women at Trump's request, Cohen is still 100% culpable, just as the taxi driver is.

Does Mueller have any evidence that Cohen advised Trump what he was asking Cohen to do was illegal? If not, he's absolutely failed contractually. Did he make the payment? If so, he's absolutely failed contractually. It makes no difference whether Trump asked him to - Trump isn't employed as a legal expert.
edit on 8-12-2018 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
For late-comers/early risers

The key elements of the memo are about the Russian links. They are that Cohen:

* "Provided information about his own contacts with Russian interests during the campaign and discussions with others in the course of making those contacts"

* "Also provided information about attempts by other Russian nationals to reach the campaign"

*Spoke to "a Russian national who claimed to be a 'trusted person' in the Russian Federation who could offer the campaign 'political synergy' and 'synergy on a government level'". This person proposed a meeting between Individual 1 (previously identified by Cohen as Mr Trump) and the Russian president, saying it could have a "phenomenal" impact "not only in political but in a business dimension as well". The meeting did not take place

*Provided "relevant and useful information concerning his contacts with persons connected to the White House during the 2017-2018 time period

... snip ...

The president is also once again implicated in the campaign finance charges against Cohen.

The New York prosecutors state that Mr Trump's lawyer acted to silence two women who claim they had affairs with Mr Trump in order to "influence the 2016 presidential election". What's more, Cohen "acted in co-ordination with and at the direction of Individual 1".

To sum up:
The Donald had implicit knowledge and involvement in campaign finance crime
Equally, had knowledge of a property deal involving contacts with Russian government
whilst running for president, in an election being targeted for influence by the Russian government

Of course, nothing shady there, right ?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

And for those who don't understand the role and legal requirements of a contracted lawyer, see my post above Cassi3l's...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Im guessing you dont know this but neither of those things are a crime. Trump can put as much money as he wants into his campaign.

And as for Russia its not illegal for them to assist in a presidential election. The only thing that would be illegal is if they recieved something for doing so. So Unless Trump pays Putin in some way its not a crime. And im willing to bet no money has been transferred from Trump to Putin. Because that would have came out by now

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

That "crime" is imaginary. Cohen's actual crime was lying to investigators. Multiple counts of it prior to him turning into a willing Mueller desired narrative puppet.

Oh, "imaginary" crimes.

I see.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

And as for Russia its not illegal for them to assist in a presidential election.

It is indeed highly illegal for a compaign team to accept outside help from a foreign entity
Go look it up, educate yourself, then come back with something better ...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Oh look, prosecutors from the Southern District of New York make a bunch of accusations and draw butt hurt conclusions about campaign finance laws - lacing their document with the exact same hyperbole seen in the rotting liberal media - and crying that if the public only knew Trump screwed around they would have elected him (LOLOLOL).

Oh, how the Russian Collusion delusion has fallen... I reckon liberals will actually be calling the 'two scoops' a crime soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Correct - nothing shady at all.
Trump can pay as much money as he wants to his campaign and he is free to spend whatever he wants in relation to his private life.
During the election he was free, as a private citizen, to negotiate a deal for his business.

It would seem that those deluded into embarrassing themselves about the Russian Collusion hoax are clawing at the walls as they fall into a pit of humiliation.

edit on 8/12/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
a reply to: dragonridr

And as for Russia its not illegal for them to assist in a presidential election.

It is indeed highly illegal for a compaign team to accept outside help from a foreign entity
Go look it up, educate yourself, then come back with something better ...

Really show me where a foreign petson cannot assist a presidential campaign. Keep in mind Hillary recieved information from foreign entities as long as she didn't use her position to do something for them perfectly legal.

You have to show that in some way Trump reimbursed Putin for any assistance using his office you have treason. Now that is a crime but highly difficult to prove since he can always say he purchased services for his campaign. This is what Hillary did buying the dossier from a foreign agent.
edit on 12/8/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You left out the evidence bit, and the jurors who are there (back in October 12, Judge Pauley described his case against Michael Cohen as an ongoing grand Jury" trial).

They were real court cases, not some lonely back-room guy signing off on made up charges, with made up crimes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join