It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump accused of a Felony in today's Southern District of New York Filing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I want to make something clear before we proceed. This is not the Mueller investigation. This is a separate investigation by the Southern District of New York into crimes committed by the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.

Today was a big day. But perhaps the most consequential bit of news to come out today is that the president of the United States, Donald Trump, has been accused of a felony.

Taken directly from the court filing today:

During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election. With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. (PSR ¶ 51). In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1. (PSR ¶¶ 41, 45). As a result of Cohen’s actions, neither woman spoke to the press prior to the election. (PSR ¶ 51).

Cohen Sentencing Memo

Individual 1 is Donald Trump and the Southern District of New York has accused him of directing Michael Cohen to commit multiple felonies.

Trump responded to today's news with this tweet:

Totally clears the President. Thank you!

Trump's Twitter

This reminds me of Baghdad Bob. For those of you too young to remember Operation Desert Storm, Baghdad Bob was an Iraqi diplomat loyal to Saddam Hussein. While US troops were racing toward Baghdad, Baghdad Bob went on the air many times and said things such as "the American's are losing", "the American's are going to surrender or be burned in their tanks. They will surrender, it is they who will surrender", and that American soldiers were committing suicide "by the hundreds" outside the city due to their fear of the overwhelming Iraqi military might. His last broadcast kept up the same level of absurdity as American's were raiding the building he was broadcasting from.

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf

So from now on, Trump is the new Baghdad Bob.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Via Cohen.

Is he lying or is he telling the truth?

OR

As the Mueller statement says, that he acted on his own volition?

+67 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Cohen paid 2 girls who 'apparently' had a sexual romp with Trump long before his candicacy..

And this is now "election interference" ?

Did I get that right?

You are saying because these girls willingly accepted a payment and signed a legal document to remain quiet about a sexual adventure years old - that indicates Trump interferred with the election?

... that is insane and you amaze me how you keep lowering the bar on this pathetic attempt to oust the one President who actually keeps his promises and works for Americans...

Just mind boggling

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Donald Trump, has been accused of a felony.

He has also been accused of being the anti-Christ, a Fool, an idiot, a dictator, and on and on ad nauseum.

I don't see any reason not to add felon to the list.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Baghdad Bob is a good one but it is the deranged Leftists that are the new BB.
Completely delusional just like he was.
Where are the felony charges against Trump?

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You gotta find a new way to spend a friday night my friend.

Baghdad Bob.........come on

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
So let me get this straight...

Cohen paid 2 girls who 'apparently' had a sexual romp with Trump long before his candicacy..

And this is now "election interference" ?

Did I get that right?

You are saying because these girls willingly accepted a payment and signed a legal document to remain quiet about a sexual adventure years old - that indicates Trump interferred with the election?

... that is insane and you amaze me how you keep lowering the bar on this pathetic attempt to oust the one President who actually keeps his promises and works for Americans...

Just mind boggling

Forget it....you can’t sway these clowns with real facts.
Countless have tried, all have failed.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If they INTEND on charging Trump with directing Cohen to influence the election, with respect to the payments, they had better have digital evidence.

If they only have Cohen's word.... lmao!

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Can you link to the actual law that was broken?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I've been searching for the same.

If you happen upon it, please post.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Just mind boggling

How are all those closed factories and bankrupt farmers working out for you there fella?

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Paying someone hush money, so long as it is not paying them to keep them quiet about a crime, is not a crime. Adultery is no longer a crime, so while I am very sure a number of people wish a crime had taken place here, none did. Covering up something prior to an election... also not a crime.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

If they INTEND on charging Trump with directing Cohen to influence the election, with respect to the payments, they had better have digital evidence.

If they only have Cohen's word.... lmao!

I do find it odd that the government is using election influencing, when they have let it go on for so long. lol. It kind of shoots the integrity of the alphibet agencies in the foot. Maybe it is time to push election influence the other way now, it is beginning to reveal itself for what it really is. A political cou. I wonder if they do not realize the actual cost of what they are attempting?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

"Influencing an election"
I'd like to know exactly WTF campaigning is considered, if not an attempt to influence the election. Isn't the goal of endorsing a candidate to influence the election? The media certainly did their damnedest to influence the election in 2016... where are the charges for that? Hell, the then president encouraged dropping FBI investigations into one of the candidates prior to the election in an effort to influence the election, realizing that an uncleared candidate likely wouldn't have won (which seems like a correct assumption, considering that candidate still lost even after a public blessing from the former director of the FBI.) So Trump paid someone to shut their mouth regarding a personal, not public, not criminal, not in any way relevant to qualification for an elected office private matter... not seeing the influence beyond normal campaigning shenanigans we see every cycle.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: highvein

"Influencing an election"
I'd like to know exactly WTF campaigning is considered, if not an attempt to influence the election. Isn't the goal of endorsing a candidate to influence the election? The media certainly did their damnedest to influence the election in 2016... where are the charges for that? Hell, the then president encouraged dropping FBI investigations into one of the candidates prior to the election in an effort to influence the election, realizing that an uncleared candidate likely wouldn't have won (which seems like a correct assumption, considering that candidate still lost even after a public blessing from the former director of the FBI.) So Trump paid someone to shut their mouth regarding a personal, not public, not criminal, not in any way relevant to qualification for an elected office private matter... not seeing the influence beyond normal campaigning shenanigans we see every cycle.

Don't forget the agencies under the last administration, actually using another government to spy on a candidate, and using it to influence an election. lol. People have lost their minds.

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

and works for Americans... Just mind boggling

Whats mind boggling is there are living, presumably breathing people, that believe Donald J Trump "works for Americans".

Throw this fallacy out the window and we can begin to have a realistic conversation on the state of the Presidency whose current occupant has a disturbing tendency to attract felons or even become one himself.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Via Cohen.

Is he lying or is he telling the truth?

OR

As the Mueller statement says, that he acted on his own volition?

The document speaks to motive. It does not use the word "volition". It does not say that Cohen acted alone. It does not exonerate any other parties. It implicates 'Individual 1', who is clearly Donald Trump.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Whats mind boggling is there are living, presumably breathing people, that believe Donald J Trump "works for Americans".

You don't get out much do ya?

Throw this fallacy out the window and we can begin to have a realistic conversation on the state of the Presidency whose current occupant has a disturbing tendency to attract felons or even become one himself.

Okay lets say he does't work for the citizens.
Go ahead. Start the conversation.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

What does it implicate him of?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join