It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

It's just a temporary thing, don't worry, I won't drink your beer. I finally applied for a normal residence instead of this temporary crap. The waiting time isn't exactly short (if I'd done it years ago I'd already be "Home" by now) but I now have something to focus on in the future. I want to go back to where I first started living in temporary housing. I know people there, I can get my old job back at the foodbank and hopefully help a guy who has an allotment (small piece of rented ground where people grow fruit/vegetables) because he gives a lot of that to the foodbank and he is an older gentleman who might be glad of my help.

I like Rotterdam but I'd rather not live here. How are you doing? Any more cat visits to look forward to?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Happy to be home (except for the smell) and sitting down. I thought I knew what work was but wow, my body seems to have forgotten. I ache less with each day so it appears to be getting easier. %->

ETA Next week we will be cutting the tops of trees with an electric saw so hopefully it will be a lot easier that by hand.
I have 4 days of rest now.
edit on 22/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Good day Autorico! How are you today? Is it warming up for you in Canada yet?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Aren't those electric saws heavy? The rest of your body can rest and then you'll have sore arms. lol Your whole body will get used to working soon enough.

We'll have to have a celebration party for when you move.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, the snow is almost gone and it's been above 0 for a few days. I'm doing well, gaming a lot. I do come and lurk at night though

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

and hopefully help a guy who has an allotment (small piece of rented ground where people grow fruit/vegetables) because he gives a lot of that to the foodbank and he is an older gentleman who might be glad of my help.

More people should grow food for the poor. What a kind and thoughtful man.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Cool! You'll have to stop by and say hello tonight. Then we can both take off and watch our movies. LOL

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You like death metal? Do you like Enya too?

(A very funny Australian comedian who likes death metal)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
BigG reporting for duty.
I'm doing pretty good really.

Had a frustrating, but fairly busy week at work.

I hosted a charity quiz-night to help raise funds for our local School's Parent Council last night. They help to organise and fund events, trips and out-of-School activities for the School children.
The quiz night went well and everyone seemed to enjoy it, but it meant that I had a very long day and I'm absolutely knackered now! (I almost forgot to say that we managed to raise almost £300)

The weather has been.... Scottish!
All four seasons every hour, but it feels like Spring is definitely in the air.

I'm rehearsing with the new band that I was invited to join tomorrow... so we'll see how that goes and I shall report back!

G
edit on 22-3-2019 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add more info

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Good to see you G. Here it was 17 C today. I was working in the sun very gently today. It felt like May but it's only March. Your fund-raiser sounds like it went very well.

I tried explaining English weather (which sounds similar to Scottish weather) to Dutch colleagues. I possibly failed.

What genre band are you practising with?

ETA Happy weekend.
edit on 22/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

...What genre band are you practising with?

ETA Happy weekend.

It's a 4-piece; Bass, Lead, Rhythm and Percussion covers band, playing a broad mix of stuff.
We've looked at some Steve Earle, Don Henley, Waterboys, Brad Paisley, and Christy Moore songs so far, but I'm sure that'll widen and change as we find our way.
I auditioned with them last Wednesday and tomorrow will be our first "proper" rehearsal.
I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Just finished watching your video. LOL

All the funny things he talked about and what does my mind focus on? Yorkshire pudding! I'm like, "OMG, I haven't had that in ages! YUM!

I like heavy metal AND Enya!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I was relieved to see you show up Gordi! It's been a while. I thought you abandoned ship...then I remembered... we don't have a ship. Well, somewhere in the Shedlands we do, but you know.

Good job on the fund raiser! Yay!

Over here we have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." LOL

I was wondering if you were busy with the band and stuff. Keep us posted on how the band is doing. Big Elfie hug!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Glad you liked it.
Great comedians all seem to share one thing in common. They make you laugh at something that is surreally painfully unreal yet real at the same time. The ability to make people laugh is a much undervalued thing imho.

Was your day out enjoyable? What did you buy?

Yorkshire pudding is simple and great.
I still must attempt it myself but at the same time it's a lot of effort for one person eating alone. Plus I don't have the right over tin and I actually want to dump my oven because it's a pain to keep dragging it everywhere. I need to buy a new one-person sized oven but money.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Hi Matthew!
Yes, I had a nice day with my friend. We had lunch and chatted away. What did I buy? Groceries. lol

I always remember my Mom making Yorkshire pudding with a nice roast beef, gravy, potatoes and a couple of other veggies. I don't make it, because I would eat too much of it.

How was your day?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I got a warning for smoking in my room yesterday from the rental company. Me being me, I told them I hadn't smoked in my room but had left a beer tin full of cigarette butts in my room which could have given the impression that I had smoked in my room. (I hadn't.) I have an empty beer tin by the back door so that I don't throw all my butts on the pavement in the same place for someone else to clean up. (Even if I walk around on the street I never just drop my butts, I wait till I see the next public rubbish bin (plenty here in this city) because I hate discarded rubbish of any kind.

Even weed-smoking friends tell me my tobacco (American Spirit) stinks to high heaven. No, really. Then I informed them how my sanctimonious scumbag neighbour has his scooter inside the building every day and how my room stinks from his "air freshener" so that he can cover his smoking inside. I didn't get an answer but I also notice his scooter isn't inside any more. Now if only he would turn his smell off, life would be grand but he's stubborn, stupid and stupid.

The playground is getting busy. It's funny how you look at something (the playground) with adult eyes and think "what's so much fun about this?" and then a few minutes later there are kiddos running around screaming, shouting, laughing and having a great time. There are two areas, 0-6 years old and 6 to 12 years old. All areas are secure and you must pay to get in but in the 6-12 year area there is a small (very small) river where a young child could drown easily if left to their own devices, hence the different areas.

It was the first warm day of spring so I concentrated on simple maintenance (little more than using a rake) and took things easy. They don't have many volunteers unfortunately but that also means there is enough to do. I hate standing around doing nothing. I work around the children and somehow they seem to play in the areas I am not working in. (I don't think they are scared of me. Yet...)

edit on 22/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I hope you find something more suitable soon. I can't imagine living with others now. Becoming increasingly introverted as I get older.
I have smoked that brand for eighteen years now, it has zero additives, comparing it to the two-hundred something they put in commercial cigs, which I find appealing. I roll mine, the premade ones taste odd, artificial and are ridiculously pricy.
I am familiar with Drum and Samson? But they are to strong for me.

Now you go cuddle up and get ready for cutting with the saw, as Night said that will take its toll on your arms and shoulders. I can't do it. Holding my arms up like that, lifting and applying pressure.

Did you try the vinegar?
Toodles

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

BigG reporting for duty.
Mission accomplished. Dispose properly of worn items and proceed to counsel theater, where you will be provided with proper attire. (Sorry I couldn't say what was on the tip of my tongue so I had to hide it in this gibberish)

I'm rehearsing with the new band that I was invited to join tomorrow...
G
Cough, I must clear my throat. You now they just want an "eye catcher". Go rock that kilt. (Dang, read between the lines)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star Groceries are good. It is fun to pick out the things we need to make a meal.
This is how I imagine you going shopping today
All pretty and pixie like.

edit on 22-3-2019 by WalkInSilence because: Non Comprende

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join