It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Still lurking, 'Raine.

And thanks to the member who gave me a shout-out about 5 or 6 pages back. Can't remember who (sorry!!) but I just wasn't in the frame of mind to post a "Hello" reply right then. ETA: I checked back and it was Light, on p. 267. Ummm... about 5 days ago!
(End ETA)

I'd also like to give a shout-out to our lurkers. Please drop by when you're able, okay?

edit on 19/3/19 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Wow, I was just thinking of you and here you are! So happy to see you dear friend!

I just remembered you once mentioning that the cat you thought was a male was actually a female. Lol
How is the weather out your way? How are you? (((Hugs)))

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike, good to see you. I hope things are as well as they can be under the circumstances. I seem to remember you saying you had to undergo some kind of rehabilitation or physiotherapy because of the operation. Have you had that yet?

ETA The shout out wasn't demanding you post, just letting you know we're still thinking of you.

edit on 19/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

That would be wonderful Night. I do wish we could, but we can dream can't we?
I am just popping my head in to say "Toodles" Any one home? Scary creatures, friendly ogres, flaming dragons, eloquent elves, pesky pixies?
Hugs.

I don't know how people get these fabulous pics of wild life. They must be very patient.

Just wanted to add this

that sort of applies to every one.

edit on 19-3-2019 by WalkInSilence because: Stuff

edit on 19-3-2019 by WalkInSilence because: incoherant babble

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I had something pop into my head and I had to write it down. This is what I got:

Bar Scene

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I've found that place. This is what the Russian version of Atlantis looks like.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

We can always dream yes.

Love the pic of the fox! They are soooo beautiful and soft!

Loved the meme too!

God, I am soo sleepy. Someone throw me a pillow, not AT me, To me.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I will get to your story eventually Skiddy. Good to see you tonight!

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I enlarged my screen and really saw those trees. LOL, cool!

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yep, it's my current wallpaper

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Good to see you, too. Let me know what you think.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Yep, it's my current wallpaper

Nice

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Good to see you, too. Let me know what you think.

Left a comment

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
HAPPY FIRST Day OF Spring

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Today I have been removing weeds from a tiled path and also removing the branches of a knotted willow en.wikipedia.org... (click link, photo you see with all the small branches).

I tried to take things easy but made my back hurt, my knees, twisted my leg and have sprained my left arm. I did manage to almost clear one tree though. My main colleague who is there 2 out of the 3 days that I am there is a great guy with a lot of knowledge of plants, trees and greenery in general. I keep asking simple questions and he answers them. He is 70 and makes me (48) feel like I'm 90. I am really out of condition lol. I came home and went to bed for 2 hours. I couldn't sleep but I just wanted to warm up and rest those muscles. Tomorrow I will try to take things even easier. Wish me luck...

ETA Fun trivia fact. The knotted willow was/is used to form the foundation of Dutch dykes (the mound that keeps all the water out) which they weigh down with basalt stones for a firm foundation. It stops erosion of the soil apparently. It has also been used to form the structure of houses in the (very) old days.
edit on 20/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

OW, sounds painful!

That was an interesting read. You can make aspirin from that tree.

How can you work with a sprained arm and twisted leg?? Sounds like you need time to heal.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I walked slowly home so will walk slowly to work tomorrow too. They seemed to be pleased so I'll try to keep it that way. Officially we're not open yet but today they had an activity arranged that involved a lady coming to read stories about myths and legends for the kids. Toddlers-6 year-olds, parents, grandparents and child-care folk. And around 30+ screaming energetic very young kids. It was funny. I miss the honesty and energy of children. Today was my first instalment. Officially we open on April 1st (no joke) but due to subsidy laws the playground has to organize 40 activities each year.

I'm just there to do garden maintenance but it feels fun seeing them all running around screaming and playing.

"Mister, what are you doing?"

"I'm cutting the branches off."

"Why?" (My favourite question! LOL)

"Because if I don't it will grow out of control and there will be no light when the leaves start to sprout."

"Oh, okay." Runs off to play...

I'm sure a night's sleep will help. I drank a little too much coffee so hopefully in an hour or so I can finally sleep.

edit on 20/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I could really feel the joy from that post. Children are amazing beings and often much smarter than we give them credit for.

They are like thirsty little sponges soaking up knowledge of everything around them. They are playful and care free, creative, imaginative, funny, energetic and fun. And cute as hell!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

A Granddad is there with his grandchildren, sees what I am doing, looks at the willows (very popular in gardens and along rivers and farmland here in NL and Belgium) and asks if we aren't a little late in removing all the branches. (Apparently Willows grow very quickly.) He knows more about it than me.

I laugh and tell him that he is right and that I was told that today. (Apparently some of the volunteers got (seriously) ill and had to stop.) I'm happy to take one of their places. A little muscle pain is OK, I'll recover. 3 days a week isn't bad and I hope it will help me to regain some stamina and physical condition again. It's a 20 minute walk to get there which is something I haven't done since I was working 10 years ago. Exercise is a good thing but I need to eat more. One step at a time. I will be looking forward to convert a little fat to muscle, or at least losing the fat reserves. (I'm 65 kilos (145 lbs) but a few of those kilos are in the wrong place.)

I always wanted children, a little Matthew running around (I wouldn't let him eat as much sugar as I was allowed to though!) but it never happened. In hindsight a good thing. Broken relationship, dead mother and temporary housing. (They do not allow children beacuse it is temporary housing and impractical.) So now I just smile at other people with their children.
There were some tears today but they disappeared within a few minutes. Not mine, to be clear.

Night Night.

new topics

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join