It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have decided to open Shed 22 with an awesome story written by our very own Sir Gordi of the Shedlands.

The Glass Jar

A Few Years Ago, in a Land Not Far Away...
I saw a light.

It was so warm, so lovely and bright that I thought it was an Angel.
Others saw that light too, and we were all drawn towards its glow... We were all drawn together.
The light warmed all of our hearts until (crazily) it felt like we were actually, physically glowing ourselves.

When we got closer, it became clear that it was "just" a Firefly.
A tiny, glowing insect flickering like a candle in a huge bleak forest of darkness.
But we couldn't take our eyes from it, we loved it!

And then something magical happened.

I looked down and I noticed that I was glowing.
I was beaming with energy, it flowed through and around me and I was radiant with it.
The love and the light had changed me. Made me better. Made me more than I was before.
When I finally looked back up, I saw that the others, like me were glowing too!

Our tiny, solitary Firefly had become a rallying point for many like-minded souls to come together harmoniously in the dark.
Together, as one family, we had become more than we ever could have become as lone individuals.
We were creative. We laughed. We cried. We shared. We grew. We loved, and our collective glow began to
grow so bright that it lit up the entire forest.

Sometimes the wind would rise and threaten to scatter us all back into the dark wilderness, but we were strong.
We stuck together, we persevered and eventually we found a large glass jar that all of us glowing "Fireflies" could shelter in.
That simple glowing jar became something of a legend, a beacon for others to seek out.
In the dark, dangerous wilds of the forest, there was an actual place of real warmth, light, laughter, shelter and comfort.

Over time, many visited the jar - intrigued by its strange glow.
Some didn't understand it and tried to poke sticks at it.
Some fell in love with it and joined the Fireflies inside.
Some entered, grew and then left to spread their own light elsewhere.
More still sat around the outside of the mysterious glowing jar, fascinated by it's unique aura but too scared (or too shy) to enter.
Some misinterpreted what the light was and didn't understand how it came to be in the first place.
And some darker souls even tried to disrupt its light or to steal some for themselves.

So at times, its light faded.

With the fading of the light, it became harder to see... and some of the flies lost sight of the others in the darkness and became lost themselves.

For those who were there at the start, it was (and always will be) a magical place of love, joy and togetherness.
A place of positivity and creativity, generating warmth and the very light which attracted everyone there in the first place.

At the end of the day - a Glass Jar tended by Fireflies is a fragile thing out in the dark woods.
For it to survive and thrive - it needs looking after... and maybe topping up occasionally?
_GordiTheDrummer

Welcome one and all! Don't be shy, come and join us!

edit on 27-11-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
*Chugs a pixie drink* Oh this is gonna be a good place

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ok, pixie drinks for everyone. Careful, they are quite potent. There will be a feast set up in the dining room.

We had to move into a castle Shed because we needed more rooms. We are still waiting on a real one, but for now, this will have to do.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

That was quick. I promised pixie drinks in Shed 21 and looks who shows up first. LOL

Hiya Sweetie! It is good!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The living room is all decorated and we can gather by the fire now.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I didn’t even need a portal to get here this time. A gentle wind brought me here, safe and sound.
I’ll pass on the pixie drinks, as I have my room to find and some unpacking to do.

* Sheye heads for the room with the many stained glass windows *

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have to cook, but I'll be back my Lovelies.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That was a beautiful way to open the newest Shed!

Hi Autorico and Sheye!

I will be sitting by the fire with my drink. Looking forward to seeing who shows up.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You need to stop wrapping my lunch in a roadmap !

😎

Nice story !!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hiya jacy .. enjoy your drink and the warmth of the fire. I think you can smoke by the fire. No soggy cigs for you in the Shed.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Oh geez, that's good to know! I just had one outside and it's freezing!!

I'm sorry, by the way...you were here the other day when I was posting but I didn't see your posts further up the page.

Timely...how are things going with the fire? Is the worst over yet?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

LOL! Get into the dining room for a real feast.

The story is by Gordi, so I can't take any credit for it. It was so awesome, I asked if I could use it for the opening of the new Shed. Glad you made it safe and sound.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late for the jump but I was busying ironing my socks.

Nice intro/story by Gordi.

Hugs to all who want one.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

We have smoking rooms throughout the Shed, but not the main living room as we have non smokers in here.

Sips another pixie drink while waiting for more folks to arrive.

I'll have to slip into my gown as it is such a special occasion.

edit on 27-11-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hugs Freddy and hands him a drink. Thank you for letting me steal the awesome Shed pic! I knew it would come in handy.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi All! Bush lurker here! I'm hoping maybe I could move to a tower room? It's dang cold out here!
Hope everyone is doing well. Started my new job a month ago, and been pretty busy. Can't believe you've had to move 22 times now.

Thank goodness for magic!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hey Jace !

The fires are finished ... severe rain and wind are on the cards for later today.

Sydney is having the most severe rain and flooding in 44 years !

Hopefully we will settle into a mild event free Summer .

Hope your life is looking better. You deserve it !

😊

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

There are endless rooms in our Shed castle so dream up the room you want and it's yours. Good to see you stop in Hunny! Maybe you will join us more often?

Yay for your new job!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Man, hope your Summer will indeed be event free Dave. Fires and severe flooding...Gah!

I think Jacy is in one of the smoking rooms with her ciggs and drink.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Our Shed creatures are settling in nicely.

There are many more, but don't have time for picks right now. Lot of chaos with everyone finding their rooms and settling in. I almost tripped over Light earlier. I think he's still trying to find a hiding spot from Jacy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join