It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain - dead at age 81 (1936-2018)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Many things have to be beyond the pale of politics.

Strange thing... way, way back when Ted Kennedy died, I made a similar post. I never agreed with Kennedy! I despised his politics! But... when he died, I went into that thread and said, well, pretty much the same thing I said in this one. I'm not going to suddenly become a fan, but I wish death on no one. I wish harm on no one. I may wish some would shut up and go away, sure, but that's a lot different from wishing harm.

That time I was condemned for not praising everything about the man. This time I am condemned for not condemning everything about the man.

I wanted John McCain to shut up and go away... but not like this.

There's not a single solitary thing McCain can do to hurt me now. Our disagreement is over... done... finished. I can look back on his life and see things I can respect. His military service, his tenacity fighting for things he believed in, his (according to the news from his family) family life as a good father, a good husband, a good son. Those are good things that I can respect him for.

Just know Redneck, that no matter HOW MUCH I may disagree with things you might say, you're a great guy and policies and party lines aside, maybe one day we can have a pint and argue like old men about political crap in wooden rocking chairs on a porch.

If you ever get to North Alabama, give me a shout. We'll make that happen; I'll supply the porch and the rocking chairs (and real beer if you can handle it, lol). We can guzzle beer and debate to our hearts' content. I have a feeling I would enjoy the heck out of that.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

it means drop..turkish.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Guess he can bomb bomb bomb the angels now

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Neither pleased or sad.
I do know the world is a better place and safer place without John McCain.
The media will likely exploit his death and a bunch of virtue signallers will write RIP statements and I am sure Trump will be blamed somehow. The question is whether McCain dying is an impeachable offence...

edit on 26/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Regardless how he vexed him and of the shade President Trump threw on him, John McCain will be remembered by history as a legendary American hero.

That should be remembered by ISIS as a hero. The POS sold America out to terrorists.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Xcathdra

Lets see how either side exploits it.

Let's hope for once both sides can put aside their differences to respect the man.

I was no fan of his actions as a politician, but I still can acknowledge and respect his service. RIP, John McCain. RIP.

TheRedneck

The guy buddied up to terrorists.

His service is irrelevent.

Benedict Arnold served the US army..........I don't see you praising him as a hero.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The Dear Leader has spoken.

My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!
twitter.com...

So it is written.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I always wonder how many of the people that # on McCain, # on Romney or # on Dubya supported them at the time.

Because if you were a conservative of voting age when any of them were running for President or were President, you probably supported them. Especially Dubya, whose father practically invented the "Deep State". The actual Deep State.

Unless you voted Libertarian or wrote in Ron Paul, you supported a team. Don't kid yourselves with that "drain the swamp", RINO bull#.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
A truly great loss for the Democrat Party, especially when a real Republican takes his place.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I've held my tongue (or fingers as it were) up to this point, but here are my thoughts on McCain's passing...

1. I'm on the fence as far as my feelings.

2. I didn't like McCain as a politician (at all)

3. I respect McCain for his service and surviving being a POW, but I also feel he used this status to leverage his way into politics (and even embellished some of his accomplishments at the expense of other POW's), and this disappoints me.

4. I do feel his ascent through the military ranks was due, in large, to nepotism and family legacy. Consequently, he was given leniency when others would not have been.

5. Sadly, seemingly the only way America can unseat one of these career politicians is for them to die. They are so corrupt and entrenched they will simply not leave DC unless they're on death's doorstep. (and yes, I realize lazy / low-info voters keep them there) Consequently, I wonder if death is not being confused with celebration over political departure more than anything else. I mean, there really isn't another option. It truly is sad.

6. McCain was a husband, father and grandfather, and on a personal level was a seemingly good man (other than having a highly magnetized and selective moral compass). I'm sure at a family level they all will miss him dearly, and as a fellow human being I find it hard to fault that.

I guess I'm vexed as a result. I neither loved nor hated John McCain, and I cannot wish doom on a dead man or his grieving family (not my style).

So, in closing I guess I have this to say...

RIP John McCain the person, may your family find peace. And, Good riddance John McCain the politician.

That's the only way I can view it, I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If there is a God, mccain will not rest in peace, but in somewhere place else, which is more suitable for the kind of man he was.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just reading that twitter feed, makes me wonder when we got to the point where liberals and radical leftists started idolizing neocon war criminal RINOs. But then again, these are the same people who are now openly pushing for the next cold war... so why wouldn't they be a fan?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Just reading that twitter feed, makes me wonder when we got to the point where liberals and radical leftists started idolizing neocon war criminal RINOs.

Probably when the neocon started speaking out about the bigger , fatter neocon occupying the White House.

But then again, these are the same people who are now openly pushing for the next cold war... so why wouldn't they be a fan?

The next cold war is being openly sought by Russia but those who follow the path of Trump fail to see that , more intent on navel gazing than seeing the reality of the current situation.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
If there is a God, mccain will not rest in peace, but in somewhere place else, which is more suitable for the kind of man he was.

Hopefully he can spend eternity with his ISIS buddies in that place

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

He wasn't perfect by any means, but more like him in the Republican party would be a good thing in my opinion. He was a true Republican, not a Tea Party RINO.

You're confused. McCain was the RINO who backstabbed his constituency and ended up being censored how many times for it? Tea Party representatives aren't RINOs. They are the true conservatives. You have it backwards.

Arizona GOP censures McCain for 'disastrous' record

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Probably when the neocon started speaking out about the bigger , fatter neocon occupying the White House.

You're kidding, right? I wouldn't even try to compare the two considering McCain's track record.

To be honest the only time I've seen "liberal" media outlets give Trump any positive coverage was when he bombed that Syrian airfield... none of them condemned him for risking another war in the Middle East, and when he stopped they all cried out that he didn't do enough.

But they sure as hell aren't reporting on how ISIS just vanished after he took office. I guess McCain won't have a legacy after all!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And those who follow CNN know it all perfectly well.

Get out of here with your Trump derangement syndrom.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: gortex

You're kidding, right? I wouldn't even try to compare the two considering McCain's track record.

To be honest the only time I've seen "liberal" media outlets give Trump any positive coverage was when he bombed that Syrian airfield... none of them condemned him for risking another war in the Middle East, and when he stopped they all cried out that he didn't do enough.

But they sure as hell aren't reporting on how ISIS just vanished after he took office. I guess McCain won't have a legacy after all!

Clearly you did not pay attention to what was said on the “liberal” media after that took place. Either way this thread is about paying respect to a man that devoted his life to what he believed in. His sacrifices to our country will never be forgotten and he will go down as a hero as he should.

I am truly disgusted at some of the comments being posted today and many of you should feel ashamed. I am proud to say that he served our country and most men could never do what he did. He put his life on the line to uphold the freedoms that I enjoy today. May you RIP sir. And as always, GOD SPEED
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

And those who follow CNN know it all perfectly well.

I don't follow any American news media.

Get out of here with your Trump derangement syndrom.

My Trump derangement syndrome ? .... Lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
You either die a War Hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a War Criminal.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join