It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain - dead at age 81 (1936-2018)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Farewell Songbird.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

NBC News
‏Verified account @NBCNews

BREAKING: John McCain, American statesman and POW survivor, has died at age 81.

Lets see how either side exploits it.

I did not care for McCain and I felt he used his military service to avoid answering for his illegal and unethical time in Congress.

Thoughts and prayers for his family though.

Why has no one started a thread in the mudpit so I may rant about his time serving in the Senate as a liberal while conservatives paid for his campaigns, and all the times he voted against Trump to be spiteful instead of serving the folks that elected him into office.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Who's stopping you?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
We are all going to die. The man was scum. It’s a stupid part of the human condition to try and find something nice to say whenever someone dies
The whole world is a little better now
edit on 25-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Who's stopping you?

DontTreadOnMe posted in 3rd page on my mobile that this is not the mudpit, rules are in this link, blah blah blah, dont reply blah blah.

I bothered to read through 80% of the thread before posting. I actually starred one of your posts on first page. Two days in a row we agreed on something. This is a monumental event!

ETA: if you are asking who is stopping me from starting the thread, that would be me. I just wanted to know why no one created one of the 3 threads on this in mudpit, and I dont want to create a 4th for the sake of my urge to badmouth dead people.
edit on 25-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
RIP Senator.

I hope his family can find peace. It's a very difficult thing to do, but eventually it will come.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You asked why someone had not started a thread in the mud pit.
I asked who's stopping you.

Granted, it might be considered a duplicate, but that wasn't my point.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: KansasGirl

just thought it was strNge for him to go SO soon after "stopping treatment."

The treatment wasn't working. It very seldom does for the type of cancer he had.

So far, we see a lot of "good riddance" from the right here.

Are you claiming the left did not hate the guy?

He sure loved telling the left how pathetic they were.

Let us just all agree and say this honestly and truthfully.

Good Riddance and Happy Trails.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Edited my previous response as I later realized this.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I should check on Meghan and make sure she is ok. Even provide a shoulder and an ear.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
For those viewing this thru political eyes Arizona law allows the Governor to pick a replacement.

This was the subject of a controversy a couple months ago. Had McCain stepped down before a certain date (which was after the time McCain effectively retired) there would have been a special election and the people could have picked. By hanging onto his seat, the party now gets to pick. I've read a lot of speculation that this was the deal made in exchange for a couple of his anti Trump votes in the past year.

Edit: I didn't agree with him on everything, he was a more of a war hawk than I liked, but I did vote for him for President twice. Once in the 2000 primary, and again in 2008 so I obviously agreed with his politics somewhat. I liked that he tried to promote civility between the parties, and would even admonish his own supporters and encourage them to not think of those who disagree as the enemy. He wasn't perfect by any means, but more like him in the Republican party would be a good thing in my opinion. He was a true Republican, not a Tea Party RINO.
edit on 25-8-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Who gives a f***

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Loved the good,

Loathed the bad.

R.I.P. John McCain.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
He died with dignity and strength. He showed no fear of the enemy taking his life. He stood for what he believed in. RIP, senator.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You know what, I'm sad about John McCain. He was a good man. He wasn't a perfect man.

I'm exponentially more sad and distressed, by some of the ATS family and what I've seen here tonight. Political bantering is one thing, but overt disrespect for other human beings is something I honestly never thought I would see here.

The mirror never lies, some of you need to go take a good hard look...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
The mirror never lies, some of you need to go take a good hard look...

Good advice that also applies to McCain.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The comments in this thread prove that Senator McCain deserved the "Maverick" Senator designation.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Rip. John McCain.
You loved politics, you tried to do things your way. If I could ask you a question it would be, was it worth it?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
He was a brain cancer to many. He drafted the legislation that allowed the mortgage fraud to take place that crippled the US economy, destroyed life savings for hundreds of millions of people, and transferred more than 12 trillion dollars in wealth to the banks. I hope he's in hell sucking magma out of the end of the devils co.....
edit on 26-8-2018 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The people you speak of "cutting off heads, killing homosexuals, oppressing and rapping women because of religious zeal" are Wahhabist. McCain supported the Wahhabist. You don't seem to understand the facts.

I was not attacking an American Soldier. I was simply stating the facts as history will record them.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join