It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain - dead at age 81 (1936-2018)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I know right! He was the GOP conservative darling all the way up until he refused to allow Trump to destroy health care for millions of Americans. Before that he was GOLDEN!

Obviously, you haven't been paying attention very long, otherwise, you'd know this is absolutely not true. McCain was all about repealing Obamacare not so long ago.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When you ask for Obama and Bush to give your eulogy but to keep the present GOP President away to not even attend......
well the swampy deep state really loves it's own, blue or red.

Of coarse Obama had to politicize his sympathy tweet by the mention of immigration in it.
Even Trump kept it more neutral in his sympathy tweet.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Obviously, you haven't been paying attention very long, otherwise, you'd know this is absolutely not true. McCain was all about repealing Obamacare not so long ago.

Lots of conservatives were and are. But, they wanted to fix healthcare, not destroy it for millions of Americans, which was what Trump's agenda was going to do.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I guess I could fake empathy.

But I can't.

So long McCain.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
When you ask for Obama and Bush to give your eulogy but to keep the present GOP President away to not even attend......
well the swampy deep state really loves it's own, blue or red.

Of coarse Obama had to politicize his sympathy tweet by the mention of immigration in it.
Even Trump kept it more neutral in his sympathy tweet.

McCain asking Barack Obama to give a eulogy has nothing to do with immigration. It has to do with ithe ntegrity and honor that McCain earned from defending Obama from FAKE NEWS hype!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

R.I.P John McCain.

The guy was a POW and that deserves a modicum of respect from everyone.

Don't see the Orange bawbag POTUS attending his funeral all the same.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It would be truly astonishing to know how many people in this thread voted McCain in 2008. I’d wager the majority.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It would be truly astonishing to know how many people in this thread voted McCain in 2008. I’d wager the majority.

Look at this

Who was right ?

I always had to laugh when Ron made that head gesture at John's Godwins Law moment
edit on 26-8-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Well McCain will still be voting from the grave.

So what' the problem?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

He told Trump not to be at his funeral - that play gets points from me. Might be an ego bruiser, we will most likely find out.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

I did. I also voted for him in the 2000 primary.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

R.I.P John McCain.

The guy was a POW and that deserves a modicum of respect from everyone.

Don't see the Orange bawbag POTUS attending his funeral all the same.

My grand dad was a POW in a german camp in WW2,and he didnt sing like jOhn did even after being tortured.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Aazadan

He wasn't perfect by any means, but more like him in the Republican party would be a good thing in my opinion. He was a true Republican, not a Tea Party RINO.

You're confused. McCain was the RINO who backstabbed his constituency and ended up being censored how many times for it? Tea Party representatives aren't RINOs. They are the true conservatives. You have it backwards.

Arizona GOP censures McCain for 'disastrous' record

www.usatoday.com...

No, the Tea Party is an infestation. A toxic political ideology that needs to be cleansed. Anyone who follows it is beyond redemption, the only solution is for responsible adults to take away those peoples political voice.

McCain was an actual, sane Republican. There's not many of those still around at the moment.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

As anyone with half a brain can understand, people will say anything when tortured, even the truth.

My grandfather fought in the second world war also but he never got caught.

Dislike the Man as much as you wish but he fought for his nation which is more than Trump ever did down to bad feet no less.
edit on 26-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well McCain will still be voting from the grave.

So what' the problem?

I don’t think you read what I wrote.

McCain didn’t change his politics since 2008. He’s been the same politician throughout.

He was good enough for the majority of this board in 2008, yet somehow in 2018 he’s a crook, traitor, etc.

McCain didn’t change, the people have. The internet, namely social media, has rotted the average citizens brain.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz
One thing you said is correct: it’s not your battle. If it was your battle you would be knowledgeable about what you’re talking about.
The man was a POW. That deserves some respect. He did things later in life that made him a POS.
Dying deserves no respect. Everybody and anybody can and will die.
Go ahead and ad hom me for telling the truth. I’ve brought back more flat liners than John ever dreamed of.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Trump curse is real.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Like the OP says, let the political games begin!!!

Forgive my impertinence, but did not the OP initiate that himself by stating "Lets see how either side exploits it." ?
Ya can't suck and blow at the same time, eh?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

LOL! Can you imagine the debacle that Trump would create if he was allowed to speak at John McCain's funeral!

So true.

Satire:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
]a reply to: Isurrender73

Yep met with what became ISIS a few times, was a military traitor and coward when captured in vietbam (he wasn't tortured, he ang and danced for his captives) = then had the gall to sing 'bomb, bomb, bomb. bomd bom Itrab when running for election. Was he decorated? That seems crazy given his actions.

Sore point as my grandad fought all over the world pre-post WW2, and bomfaced firing squad for disobeying overds in a raid in Crete by Italians and German bombers - so sent troops out first so women and children passed safely after the planes ran out of bombs - luckily the allies in the firing squad refused to do a kill shot and shot him in the leg so survived pretty much intact.

Iran is Shia, they hate Wahhabism/Kutubism (Saudi version of Islam) as in reality it's quite liberal for the area and all religions co-exist peacefully and hae the same rights.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join