It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain - dead at age 81 (1936-2018)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

You can follow the tracks I described and see for yourself. It's one of those political smears like Trump and his 'golden showers' or Hillary and her ankle bracelet.

You would think the mccains would sue for libel

Sue who? An anonymous blog? It's a waste of time and money to give oxygen to blog rumours.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
RIP, but I always wondered how his health problems were not interfering with his decision making.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

We have become a society of angry, bitter, jealous people who lack the ability to see beyond a 24-hour news cycle. We have become clones of each other in thought, automatons operating for their masters. When one shows a flaw, we can disregard it as a malfunction; it has no feelings, no dreams, no independent thought. It is just another machine, and it did not operate the way we are programmed to operate. Trash it; get another one.

Sheesh, that so the truth...disheartening but true.

As far as my avatar, identical of course lol

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
To date, it's all been irresponsible, which is why "compromise" doesn't work. We do need to practice financial conservatism and lower spending, not just keep it the same. You can't keep raising taxes on a country where only half of them are working and paying taxes. If you want to raise taxes on corporations by closing their loopholes, go for it, but you can't keep taxing American individuals to maintain the status quo. There's always the flip side where corporations might choose to leave the country, but we need to put concrete laws into place to discourage that from happening too. Something needs to be done about all of these ballooning pensions too. It's not sustainable.

If the governing philosophy requires absolute obedience and falls apart any time any one has different ideas and wants to compromise on issues with the opposing ideologies, then it's not particularly sustainable.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yes, even the lowest of the low amongst us should have a voice, like McCain, or even Obama, Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer... for if we did not hear their voices and see their actions we would not know how evil they were.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Xcathdra

R.I.P John McCain.

The guy was a POW and that deserves a modicum of respect from everyone.

Don't see the Orange bawbag POTUS attending his funeral all the same.

My grand dad was a POW in a german camp in WW2,and he didnt sing like jOhn did even after being tortured.

But his grandson sure will sing when someone who gave years of his life for this country to torture and solitary confinement, then passes to brain cancer.

That's your freedom both of them were captured for. So it's your choice on how to express that, but maybe I wouldn't be kicking the dead while using the honor of your grandpa.

No these days they dont tell soldiers anything so even if they get tortured they dont say anything really damaging at all. And How am I singing? Singing implies saying something that is damaging. Where have I done that?
Mccain got his felow service men shot down and then was used in propaganda films.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How can you be sure about grandpa. He could have "sung" and just told you he didn't to save face.

Well the fellow bomber crew with him backed it up so.... And its hard to sing when you cant read german after your ears were deafened by a german with a mauser in a barrel of water next to your ears busting your ear drums.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

As anyone with half a brain can understand, people will say anything when tortured, even the truth.

My grandfather fought in the second world war also but he never got caught.

Dislike the Man as much as you wish but he fought for his nation which is more than Trump ever did down to bad feet no less.

Well not everyone in WW2 had the balls to be on a bomber crew either. especially with the high death rate. Those serving in the higher ranks and rear of course woudnt get captured.
I said th eMAN was a ok guy,but the POLOTICIAN was not.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Well not everyone during WW2 served on an aircraft carrier(HMS Searcher), which was and never is the safest place to be.

Those Kamikazes apparently be female dogs.

My grandfather being a mere able seaman i dont imagine he had the privilege of rank nor knowledge of much other than his duty.

Respect to you Grandfather, my Great Uncle served aboard a Lancaster bomber and then on to Mosquitoes and some of the stories told were beyond belief.

They done a Mans job.
edit on 26-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I’m not sure that group is “the right”

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: KansasGirl

just thought it was strNge for him to go SO soon after "stopping treatment."

The treatment wasn't working. It very seldom does for the type of cancer he had.

So far, we see a lot of "good riddance" from the right here.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
May G-- and the universe BLESS John McCain...

He was a man of great honor and great strength...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Springer was abducted months ago. Who is this doppelganger on here with the divisive rhetoric?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
It would appear you are right about the forestall. I will do my part to correct the record. Thank you for keeping me honest

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Well not everyone during WW2 served on an aircraft carrier(HMS Searcher), which was and never is the safest place to be.

Those Kamikazes apparently be female dogs.

My grandfather being a mere able seaman i dont imagine he had the privilege of rank nor knowledge of much other than his duty.

Respect to you Grandfather, my Great Uncle served aboard a Lancaster bomber and then on to Mosquitoes and some of the stories told were beyond belief.

They done a Mans job.

True. on that we can agree i guess. Im being too rough on ole john i guess. hes dead i should let that go i guess. yeah respect for ya Great uncle as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Farewell Songbird.

Ummm...thus wanes...“Wet Start”...the “Songbird” of the north...

May whatever hell awaits you...greet you with open arms...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And Trump has already ended the flag at half staff for McCain.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Why is this news? One pile of trash gone. Hundreds of others to go. A national bipartisan tragedy? Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Let's put it at half staff for him. Obviously he's brain dead.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Fair play to the bloke, he survived a lot more than I would have cared to.

RIP to a man who once put on the uniform of his country's military and placed himself in the line of fire because he saw it as the right thing to do.

All the rest...doesn't matter so much.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Link?

Last i heard, the standard was 24 hours.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join