It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain - dead at age 81 (1936-2018)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

What other dead people that were responsible for genocide on this planet should we overlook the bad and focus on the good?

I'm sure Lenin, Stallin and Hitler had some good traits, but we don't focus on those.

He supported ISIS, he supported Wahhabist. Should we just overlook that because he is dead? Or should we make sure we never overlook that because we simply cannot allow genocide to be part of the human condition. The ends never justify the means.

I can pray for his soul but I cannot forget the genocide he supported.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If Trump can't drain all the swamp then Mother Nature will. It was a matter of time.

RIP

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No, they were about shrinking the tax base while keeping spending the same (or as we've seen from how they've governed, increasing spending). Financial conservatism does not mean financial responsibility. Raising taxes to cover current spending levels is responsible government.

To date, it's all been irresponsible, which is why "compromise" doesn't work. We do need to practice financial conservatism and lower spending, not just keep it the same. You can't keep raising taxes on a country where only half of them are working and paying taxes. If you want to raise taxes on corporations by closing their loopholes, go for it, but you can't keep taxing American individuals to maintain the status quo. There's always the flip side where corporations might choose to leave the country, but we need to put concrete laws into place to discourage that from happening too. Something needs to be done about all of these ballooning pensions too. It's not sustainable.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Trump has every right to ask the media to quit publishing lies

That means they will have to stop publishing many of the things Trump says.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Then put any of his lying statements in quotes and point out how it's a lie. They shouldn't be making up their own lies or purposely taking his statements out of context.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have sympathy for the man and his family...

But that's where it ends.

I will not mourn the loss of someone who left a negative impact on this planet. The last few years showed his true colors.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

What other dead people that were responsible for genocide on this planet should we overlook the bad and focus on the good?

Made up crap. Please go back to the rock you were living under.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

And the president should not tell lies either.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Made up crap. Please go back to the rock you were living under.

What did I make up?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I think that's all your supposed to have.

Unless you were a friend or family member that's pretty much the normal human response to people passing away.

Old people always show their true colours, after all, time is nobody's friend especially the mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

the swamp lost a great creature. One who went behind the backs of his Constituents often. One who didn't do what was right for the people but what was right for himself. He was a man who selfishly held his seat till they had to pry his body out of it. He was a foolish selfish old man who should have resigned when he found out he had cancer. He was neither respectful nor honorable. He served his own will not our country.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

What the hell have we become?

You want the truth?

We have become a society of angry, bitter, jealous people who lack the ability to see beyond a 24-hour news cycle. We have become clones of each other in thought, automatons operating for their masters. When one shows a flaw, we can disregard it as a malfunction; it has no feelings, no dreams, no independent thought. It is just another machine, and it did not operate the way we are programmed to operate. Trash it; get another one.

I'm pretty sure I can handle blowing the froth off a few hahaha

Sounds good; that's a standing offer. Just remember, if you don't look like your avatar, I am going to be disappointed.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Deetermined

And the president should not tell lies either.

Lying is part of the presidents job, actually. It’s part of counterintelligence. And every president in my lifetime has been caught lying. If you like your plan you can keep it, I did not have sexual relations with that woman, read my lips no new taxes, I am not a crook, it goes on and on. If you’re not lying you are a gossip column.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Went to the USS Forestall Wiki page boy has it been scrubbed up nice. Nothing about Johns hissy fit about waiting in like too long and nothing about it being his plane that fired the missile that started the whole mess.

USS Forrestall Fire

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell
It wasn’t his missile, it was the plane behind his. He wet started his engine which cause the plane behind his to fire the rocket. He was responsible for 130 Plus dead American soldiers. The official story scrubbed his name out because the two John McCain’s before him were American heroes. But anyone who survived would tell you Johns arrogance killed those men and damn near sank the forestall.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Have you looked into this story? I have and it looks like 'fake news' from 2008 - Daily Kos. The Kos took their article from a blog (sounds familiar?) called 'idiotfatigue' that's been dead for years and wasn't archived.

Luckily, I was able to find the source for the idiotfatigue article and it was off the successful site 'Rolling Stone Magazine.' Dammit if the original article wasn't 404d! I used Wayback Machine and located the original RS article. It's a real hit piece on McCain with ten pages of bruising. Not a good word to say about him.

The part about the Forrestal disaster is right there. The author doubles down on what a coward McCain was and how he escaped from the burning plane and left the scene. He argues that McCain would have stayed if he wasn't such a low-life.

In all the animosity and the non-stop criticism, there's still no mention of 'wet starts' and no implication that he was responsible.

Then, in an instant, the world around McCain erupted in flames. A six-foot-long Zuni rocket, inexplicably launched by an F-4 Phantom across the flight deck, ripped through the fuel tank of McCain's aircraft. Hundreds of gallons of fuel splashed onto the deck and came ablaze. Then: Clank. Clank. Two 1,000-pound bombs dropped from under the belly of McCain's stubby A-4, the Navy's "Tinkertoy Bomber," into the fire.
Copy this link into Wayback - www.rollingstone.com:80...

The quote there ties in with the official report (pdf)

I don't know if Rolling Stone 404d the article because it was a hit piece. I don't know how accurate the article was as I don't know much about McCain. What I do know is the whole story about him being the cause of the Forrestal fire originated from the 'idiotfatigue' article in 2008. It falsely cited the Rolling Stone article which means the author made it all up for some political agenda.

McCain might have been an asshole and a jerk (I don't know), but there's no evidence at all that he was responsible for all those deaths.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He had a full life, but sad for his family. He let down the Republican party in general and dealt with terrorist bankers and ISIS. His life review in heaven will be more painful than the brain cancer, as you relive not just parts of your life but the people you'd hurt.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I honestly hope it’s a lie and I’m wrong. It’s a horrible story. But after hearing so many survivors call him Johnny werstart
I don’t know what to believe. You would think the mccains would sue for libel

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Did Lenin and Stalin not receive state burial and their own mausoleum?

Hardly the mark of people responsible for mass genocide and something we would wish to remember via such monuments.

Guess its ok as long a said mass genocide is state-sponsored.

Which begs the question, should WW2 have gone the other way would Hitler have his own mausoleum in Berlin?

I would have to bet he would indeed, history being the fickle beast that she is.

edit on 26-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Irregardless of how I felt about his politics, no one should go like that. Not a pleasant way to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join