It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain - dead at age 81 (1936-2018)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
I already posted an article dated 2014 about McCain being censored by the Arizona GOP because of his "disastrous record" of voting.

You mean censured, tight?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

He wasn't a perfect man.

Nobody is

I did not agree with him most of the time, but it's not difficult for me to respect someone I disagree with

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Xcathdra

R.I.P John McCain.

The guy was a POW and that deserves a modicum of respect from everyone.

Don't see the Orange bawbag POTUS attending his funeral all the same.

My grand dad was a POW in a german camp in WW2,and he didnt sing like jOhn did even after being tortured.

But his grandson sure will sing when someone who gave years of his life for this country to torture and solitary confinement, then passes to brain cancer.

That's your freedom both of them were captured for. So it's your choice on how to express that, but maybe I wouldn't be kicking the dead while using the honor of your grandpa.
edit on 26-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
How can you be sure about grandpa. He could have "sung" and just told you he didn't to save face.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

To be fair if indeed the grandpa was tortured, and the Japanese were rather brutal and proficient at such, the Man may have said anything and simply not recollect.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I've heard that keeping a conversation with captors is part of training, doesn't mean you have to give actionable intel.

But I have not received said training, so I may be wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And I've not been tortured so guess we both lack some critical information.

My Mrs singings quite bad i suppose.

Let's just say that it's not an experience anyone should ever wish to endure.

So hats off to anyone who has because let's face it truth, lies, or ambiguity aside, surviving such an experience has to be considered a win of sorts.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No, the Tea Party is an infestation. A toxic political ideology that needs to be cleansed. Anyone who follows it is beyond redemption, the only solution is for responsible adults to take away those peoples political voice.

The Tea Party was all about responsible government. I dare you to tell me what's responsible about continuing to spend money we don't have. Those who continue to vote for that should have their political voices taken away.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Those who continue to vote for that should have their political voices taken away.

So you support authoritarian-ship and doing away with free speech?

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: Irrelevant to thread, didn't want to cause drift.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Nope and those with half a brain know that's not what's happening.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

400,000 plus Syrians are dead. All across the middle east is a death zone. This death was at the hands of US backed rebels. They are Wahhabist.

I know what Hitler did. I know what ISIS did. I think you are the one who is clueless.

I pray for his soul, but his support of Wahhabist and the Neocon PNAC created mass genocide in the middle east and many other parts of the world.

Genocide is genocide.

My heart goes out to the Jewish people who were tortured at the hands of Hitlers disgusting regime. ISIS was doing the exact same type of religious purge in the middle east. Torturing, raping and beheading an untold number of victims.

Those who supported ISIS Wahhabists supported the exact same type of behavior and religious purge that happened in the Holocaust.

I will not apologize for telling the truth.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Nope and those with half a brain know that's not what's happening.

So, you don't think that anyone at ALL in the USA who calls for "cleansing" of ANY VOICE in this country, no matter how goddamn "toxic" they think it is, is not authoritarian? Let me refresh everyones memory on exactly what it is that angeldoll was replying to:

A toxic political ideology that needs to be cleansed.

Cleansed FFS....cleansed

No. We don't allow that in this country pal, no effin cleansing, and i'll tell you as a 20 year retired vet, im more than happy to take up arms again to protect what used to be our Democratic Republics' values. Everyone gets a voice, no matter how distasteful. Even White supremists, Antifa, Trump, his sycophant followers, the metoo'ers...everyone.

edit on 26-8-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

PNAC and the Neocon ideology needs to be cleansed because it is a violation of international laws.

Any ideology that places itslef above the law, "the ends justify the means", has no place in this world.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

400,000 plus Syrians are dead. All across the middle east is a death zone. This death was at the hands of US backed rebels. They are Wahhabist.

As you can tell, I'm no fan of John McCain, but there's more to this story than what you are telling.

In the beginning, the "rebels" were not Wahhabis. The Wahhabis came in and took over after the fact. For a long while, the different Muslim sects were killing each other until they realized they were only helping Assad, then they created an alliance of sorts.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I realize there is more to ths story. But there are photos of McCain standing with Wahhabist that became ISIS. You can't scrub that from reality.

McCain was part of the group that funded the group and he defended supporting them in Syria even after the Wahhabist gained control of ISIS.

If he would have changed his stance I could have a different opinion of him. He is just one part of a long list of Neocons who believed their illegal behavior throughout the world was somehow justified in pursuit of there NWO.

Genocide is genocide. He doesn't get a pass from me, because he never changed his tune.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

No, the Tea Party is an infestation. A toxic political ideology that needs to be cleansed. Anyone who follows it is beyond redemption, the only solution is for responsible adults to take away those peoples political voice.

The Tea Party was all about responsible government. I dare you to tell me what's responsible about continuing to spend money we don't have. Those who continue to vote for that should have their political voices taken away.

No, they were about shrinking the tax base while keeping spending the same (or as we've seen from how they've governed, increasing spending). Financial conservatism does not mean financial responsibility. Raising taxes to cover current spending levels is responsible government.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Many things have to be beyond the pale of politics.

Ya know TR, I was going to U2U you back, considering the barometer of this thread, but I wanted to make it instead a part of public record, I feel as though I owe myself that much.
It should be beyond that pale yes...but it's not. Look at the posts getting the highest amount of stars. Now I never have been nor ever will be a star chaser on this site...but I use it to determine other people's character. The posts getting the most stars are those who are willing to vocalize the most amount of hate and vitriol. I was absolutely no John McCain fan either but I have respect for a LOT that he did in life and now that he's gone, I can absolutely praise all the good things he did without having to resort to denouncing his failings, he was human too lest we forget.

What the hell have we become?

If you ever get to North Alabama, give me a shout. We'll make that happen; I'll supply the porch and the rocking chairs (and real beer if you can handle it, lol). We can guzzle beer and debate to our hearts' content. I have a feeling I would enjoy the heck out of that.

TheRedneck

Not to worry bud, when I get around that way, I will absolutely I'll send up the smoke signals...I too would enjoy that, I'm pretty sure I can handle blowing the froth off a few hahaha

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
No. We don't allow that in this country pal, no effin cleansing, and i'll tell you as a 20 year retired vet, im more than happy to take up arms again to protect what used to be our Democratic Republics' values. Everyone gets a voice, no matter how distasteful. Even White supremists, Antifa, Trump, his sycophant followers, the metoo'ers...everyone.

These views should be disenfranchised from voting. Hated out in social situations, so that they crawl back under the rocks they came out of.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So, you don't think that anyone at ALL in the USA who calls for "cleansing" of ANY VOICE in this country, no matter how goddamn "toxic" they think it is, is not authoritarian? Let me refresh everyones memory on exactly what it is that angeldoll was replying to:

I have no idea what you're talking about as it refers to "cleansing".

Trump has every right to ask the media to quit publishing lies or to practice deceitfulness. Nowhere did Trump ever claim that the media needed to be done away with. In the meanwhile, the media is trying to lead us to believe that it's against the first amendment for Trump to criticize them, which it is not. Both are free to criticize each other as much as they want, but it should be done responsibly and without telling lies.

No one, and I mean NO ONE is trying to take away all rights to free speech and NO ONE is acting as an authoritarian.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join