It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who asked black woman for ID at pool loses his job

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Apparently, you did not read Sonoco’s statement. They said they were aware of the incident and do not condone discrimination. They assumed his actions were discriminatory.

Had he been black, do you think they (or you, or her...or anyone else) would have suggested he was discriminating against her?

Sonoco’s Statement

The preponderance of evidence shows he was fired because he is white.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Old news. He deserved it. And I'm a Trumper. Really no excuse for his behavior.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Apparently, you did not read Sonoco’s statement. They said they were aware of the incident and do not condone discrimination.

What does them saying they don't condone discrimination have to do with him being white? Discrimination is discrimination... you of all people should know it's not a word that exclusively applies to the color of your skin. I think you're getting a twisted interpretation of this event to excuse your bias.

Had he been black, do you think they (or you, or her...or anyone else) would have suggested he was discriminating against her?

It's irrelevant what you or I may speculate in that scenario because it didn't happen. We can either spend all day arguing hypotheticals or we can focus on actual events that happened and the facts at hand. I understand hypotheticals help you deal with justifying the actions of this man but they mean nothing in the real world.

The preponderance of evidence shows he was fired because he is white.

Maybe in lala land MotherMayEye. You keep on thinking that, I'm sure that's going to help this man and others like him deal with their predicament caused by their actions. Maybe you should track him down and put forward your support, I'm darsh garn sure he'd appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I’m not sure in what world the fact of a persons skin colour is evidence of them being racially profiled. Perhaps he just didn’t recognize her. Only an admittance or guilt is evidence of such a charge.

So as long as you don't admit to being racist you can continue doing racist things and can't be accused as such.

The first I heard of that argument Les I'll give you that.

Is there something racist about asking for ID?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I’m not sure in what world the fact of a persons skin colour is evidence of them being racially profiled. Perhaps he just didn’t recognize her. Only an admittance or guilt is evidence of such a charge.

You aren't sure in what world a persons skin color is evidence of them being racially profiled? Please explain how else they would be? Did he ask for any one else's ID? Jesus in heaven help these people

I think you using a person’s skin colour as evidence of discrimination to be particularity racist. You don’t know the motives of the man, and are guessing based on the skin colours of the people involved.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Why did she need to show ID when she had an access card to the pool? On what basis did he have to approach her and her alone? Especially when it's not a necessity for attendees? Hm?

We're not talking about going to the local store to get some Bud here.... we're talking about a neighborhood pool.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the white guy had a point that the black lady’s ID had a good chance of being fake. As we all know, voter ID laws are racist and disenfranchises against blacks from voting because of the trouble blacks have getting iDs. Therefore, if the voter ID arguement is true, then him questioning her is 2 legit 2 quit.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Why did she need to show ID when she had an access card to the pool? On what basis did he have to approach her and her alone? Especially when it's not a necessity for attendees? Hm?

We're not talking about going to the local store to get some Bud here.... we're talking about a neighborhood pool.

Did he say it was because the color of her skin? I don’t pretend to know people’s motives.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Curious.... give me an example of evidence that clearly shows racism in your eyes? Is it the same as what Les said? They have to admit they're racist in order to be accused of racism?

I forgot to answer this.

In this case, I think demonstrating he has a history of only asking black people for ID or a history of other types of racially discriminatory behavior would cause me to question his motivations.

An isolated incident whereby he was directed by someone else in the HOA to check her ID and was told she gave them an address on a street with no houses? He has a history of asking for ID from people of varying races and ages over the last seven years?

I noticed the HOA’s statement said they accepted his resignation and that should not be construed as him doing anything wrong...

He’s a heck of a guy for not naming the person that directed him to ask her for ID. I don’t know that I would be able to resist shifting some of the blame on that person.

If he is a racist, it’s not proven by this incident alone.

I can see why he retained an attorney immediately.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Me using a persons skin color as evidence of discrimination is racist? Man, this is awesome. Keep on rocking in the Free world. But seriously, you are insane.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

He really is a heck of a guy. Thank God he is protectorate of the pool area. Where would that neighborhood be without the wonderful man in the video?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You are being disingenuous. The woman, in question, posted the video exclaiming she had been racially profiled.

Sonoco sent her their apologies. Do show me where they would have learned of the incident in the context of some other type of discrimination....if you know of any.

Your argument is inane now and not worth the time it takes to respond.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think you may live in my neighborhood. There is an overbearing pool monitor who has this one person who agrees with them that being and ass hat and a racist is a good thing on a daily basis. They are known as the neighborhood busy bodies and most every body hates them. Actually everyone hates them but most people tolerate them. We all hope that one day grown adults like the jerk off in the video will actually see what total losers they are - pool guy for an HOA? HA! more like the guy everyone hates and can't stand looking at because we all know he is just some self important idiot.

Thank God this guy is patrolling the pool area. Thank Fricking God. Without him, what would happen to the pool? I seriously can't even imagine. The world may come to an end. No, wait - now that he is gone, the end is here. Armageddon has arrived. The pool will be out of service the remainder of the summer.

Hoy Sh*t. I just saw your sig - I hope it is as out of date a s mine is. Now I see why you like this guy. Hey, it's cool - you are not a racist either, are you?
edit on 7-7-2018 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The problem I have here is that the guy called the police in the first place.

It’s a swimming pool?

I understand that the pool is just for residents but come on? Even if the lady wasn’t a resident, she must’ve been given it by someone who was (unless she’s picked it up from the floor and tried to chance it)?

The pool supervisor is a racist at worst, a douche at best. Either choices aren’t good for him.

Him fiddling about nervously with his equipment suggests to me that he is a douche and was performing an action asked of him from another member of the community so as to try and save him from a complaint.

It backfired

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Thanks for generalizing pool monitors for me.

Your argument that he monitored the pool and ‘look how you can mock him for it’ is interesting. Sorry, but I have nothing I’d like to contribute to it. I think it speaks for itself.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
The dude was being a jerk.

He probably had his suspicions for some time and decided to finally follow through on seeing if she is legit or not, terrible timing and could have better played it out.

Either way, its done and exposed.

I've run into a lot of members of HOA pool patrol that were jerks. Geeze, have you folks really never been ID'd in a gated community? Or an HOA subdivision with a pool? Private beach cops on the coast? I've got friends and relatives who live in those communities and they dang sure want those patrols to check ID. The easy way to avoid conflict with these guys is to go up and introduce yourself to them as a neighbor would. It's fairly important if you are a member of a homeowners' association that you know the neighbors who are in charge of your environment.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Naw. Not gonna fall for it. It's definitely staged. ;

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

a reply to: rollanotherone

Next time I get carded for buying alcohol I'll post the incident on Facebook video

Presenting an ID to prove your age is a legal requirement for purchasing alcohol. Had you actually paid proper attention to the OP you'd note that a) The woman had a card to access the pool, b) she presented ID proof of her residence to Mr Bloom to show she had a right to be there and c) it's a friggin pool and she was there with her child. It's not alcohol. We're not talking about driving a car here. We're not talking about crossing the border. We're talking about using the neighborhood pool.

Actually, if you only LOOK a certain age are you required to check an ID. I never carded people who looked like they were in their 30's. Does that make me agist?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Next time I get carded for buying alcohol I'll post the incident on Facebook video ad hopefully have the high school student working behind the counter fired and kicked out of their school.

You're an idiot.

They have to card you or they get their A@@ kicked by the ATF.

The pool douche did not have any right to ask anyone anything and honestly sounds like some homo pedo. I would have drowned him.

Yup. Violence is the BEST answer. Is jail your second home?
I get carded for buying kombucha. Do I throw a fit and cry age profiling? Nope. I present my ID politely and make a light hearted joke. But, some people, of a certain color, are spring loaded in the pissed off position. Wasn't it Chris Rock who said Black people see things as "I wish a mutha phuqa would?".

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So was she actually a part of the HOA? Did she live in the neighborhood? For how long?

Just looking for some possible unmentioned context.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join