It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who asked black woman for ID at pool loses his job

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I dont know if the guy is racist or not but he is definitely a tool on how the issue was handled.

I can tell you that sort of sh1t happens down here in swfl with the nazi commandos all the time and racism isn't involved. Its more of a non meaningful existence with a touch of power trip syndrome with anyone outside their circle of friends.

The problem is the left and the msm has abused the racist card by being lazy and automatically assuming racism at the mere sight of a white person that is involved in an altercation with a non white.

Perhaps this guy is just a nosy d0uche nazi condo commando ahole.? However you Cant tell either way solely from that video.

edit on 55731America/ChicagoSun, 08 Jul 2018 15:55:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

From his attorney:

Vermitsky said that Bloom resigned his position as the pool’s chairman and as an association’s board member because he didn’t want the association to receive any negative reaction and publicity from the incident. “Nothing about his resignation implies that he did anything wrong,” Vermitsky said.

I’m going with that and no further because the HOA said he resigned and his lawyer confirmed it and gave his reason for choosing to do so. The HOA has not disputed that statement, so I have zero reason to wonder what they would have done if he didn’t resign.

However, the HOA was pretty neutral in saying they regret neighbors were left “feeling racially profiled.” They did not go as far as you and declare that Bloom racially profiled anyone. I’m sure they were aware that his history shows he doesn’t racially profile when he asks for ID...if it did, then they should have “asked for his resignation” years ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I’m going with that and no further because the HOA said he resigned

You avoided my question.

You stated he resigned and he did so because he wasn't happy with the HOA. You argue he wasn't removed or forced out of his position. I pointed out that 'resigning' from a role these days often equates to being pressured out of it, as opposed to being removed by force (i.e fired). I posed this question to you, whether Mr Bloom would have been forced out of his position at the HOA had he not resigned.

I understand your reluctance to answer this question.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think it’s apparent that this incident forced his resignation.

Who cares if they would have asked for it or not? It was a 100% certainty he would not be pool chair anymore.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh, and to answer your question, once other HOA board members started getting death threats, too, yeah..they would have definitely asked for his resignation.

edit on 7/8/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Next time I get carded for buying alcohol I'll post the incident on Facebook video ad hopefully have the high school student working behind the counter fired and kicked out of their school.

Next time I buy a gun.

I will do the same.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Next time I get carded for buying alcohol I'll post the incident on Facebook video ad hopefully have the high school student working behind the counter fired and kicked out of their school.

Next time I buy a gun.

I will do the same.

Just scream "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!". Should totally work.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I find it sad that so many of you make this a 'race' issue because there is a black woman and a white man.

As a kid we used to 'pool hop' at the beaches ALL the time. It happens. In gated communities it happens ALL the time also. When you are paying for exclusivity you expect it. Not because of race but because of where you live. People like that can appear pompous but it is not automatically racist to ask if someone should be somewhere.

This is the latest in a long line of race baiting agenda items. Like saying black people cannot BBQ in a park...or sell lemonade...or (insert bs story here)

Losing a job? Sorry, no but stepping down from the HOA was a smart thing. I am sure he could have also handled it a bit better.

Outrage? Go get a Starbucks and some Chick Fil A and smoke a bowl..that guy asking for ID needed it.
edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-09T12:52:38-05:001238 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-09T12:56:47-05:001247 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
good, he isnt fit to be in a position of "power"

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have an issue with the man losing his job at Sonoco over this

Oh I had no issue. I slept well. Hopefully he'll set an example for others like him, especially those who support his actions on this board.

Maybe setting an example of not automatically screaming racism over every instance that involves a white person interacting with a person of another race would be better?

Nice to know you have no issues, and sleep well making assumptions.

Do you know if this lady was a new resident in the community? Has she visited the pool before?

Do you know if he asked others for ID that day before this instance? How about after?

Do you know anything that took place before filming started?

Without knowing all these, how can you justify screaming racism?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Gee, all he had to do was list all the non-black pool-goers he 'carded' that day and it would have been a big nothingburger.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Gee, all he had to do was list all the non-black pool-goers he 'carded' that day and it would have been a big nothingburger.

Stop the presses! You may be onto something here jtma508! Get out a list of the others he carded that day.... or hold on.... that week! We'll get some statements from those in the community and we'll return Mr Bloom to his glory in no time!

Those silly SJWs!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

They are turning the US into another South Africa, then it will be split into rich and poor sections and the poor will be again enslaved for food. Wanna bet?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I didnt read any of that in the story except the attendant said he's asked all kinds of people for their ID over the years. Over years. Probably lots of kids.
If what you claim is true then why did he get fired from his job and get removed from the HOA?

That career as a pool boy down the drain...lol

Come on, first we need to see if it is a white neighborhood then of course he should check any black people at the pool, that is like common sense.

On a serious note, I wonder if he suggested a reason to approach her in the first place? Is she new there with no recognition on his part? People he doesn't recognize as locals does he check them all? Having a pool card seem good enough that the person either lives there or borrowed the card from a friend or relative which is still securing strangers from access.

I never even heard of an ID check at a pool.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

unless youre black and theyre white forget it wont work.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The guy was certainly being an asshole and he may have been racially profiling. However just because the only people he asked for ID just so happened to be black doesn’t prove that that is the reason why they are the ones that he targeted for identification. Perhaps they were acting weird like they didn’t belong there. Maybe they kept looking at him and looking around oddly.

Certainly he could have been racially profiling those people but it’s a far leap to say that for certain being that there are other reasons why he could have asked them for identification.

I just don’t see racial profiling beyond a reasonable doubt here. Let’s say we changed only one singular thing about this story and made Adam Bloom black. He did the same exact things, acted the same way in every way, do you suppose that the woman would have accused Adam Bloom of racially profiling? If not then why not?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I’m going with that and no further because the HOA said he resigned

You avoided my question. ....................

......I understand your reluctance to answer this question.

And you avoided my question.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

He did the same exact things, acted the same way in every way, do you suppose that the woman would have accused Adam Bloom of racially profiling? If not then why not?

Nope. This is not racially profiling. She made it that way. Not him. She did. In most of these videos it is an immediate 'because I'm black'. Look at the police 'harassment' videos that get posted. If it was a black officer he would usually get the "Uncle Tom' routine. Same dumb #. It is ok for someone to ask for ID or proof they should be there.

Happens at resorts ALL the time. Am I offended if someone asks? Nope. I tell them my room number, many will have you wear a wristband or some such. Show a room key. We were on a cruise once and walked off the beach up to a resort and they would not even 'serve' us since we were not guests. Outside beach bar. Did I complain like the Starbucks twins? Nope. I was asked to leave and I did.

I did not hear a threatening tone. Nothing. No racial slurs. Nope.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. When you break the golden rule, it usually comes back to bite you in the *$$.

In layman's terms it means. Don't be a jerk and bad things won't happen to you. LOL

Feel zero pity for this idiot.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Agreed hes a douch bag

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join