It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who asked black woman for ID at pool loses his job

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The guy was certainly being an asshole and he may have been racially profiling. However just because the only people he asked for ID just so happened to be black doesn’t prove that that is the reason why they are the ones that he targeted for identification. Perhaps they were acting weird like they didn’t belong there. Maybe they kept looking at him and looking around oddly.

Certainly he could have been racially profiling those people but it’s a far leap to say that for certain being that there are other reasons why he could have asked them for identification.

I just don’t see racial profiling beyond a reasonable doubt here. Let’s say we changed only one singular thing about this story and made Adam Bloom black. He did the same exact things, acted the same way in every way, do you suppose that the woman would have accused Adam Bloom of racially profiling? If not then why not?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The guy was certainly being an asshole and he may have been racially profiling. However just because the only people he asked for ID just so happened to be black doesn’t prove that that is the reason why they are the ones that he targeted for identification. Perhaps they were acting weird like they didn’t belong there. Maybe they kept looking at him and looking around oddly.

Certainly he could have been racially profiling those people but it’s a far leap to say that for certain being that there are other reasons why he could have asked them for identification.

I just don’t see racial profiling beyond a reasonable doubt here. Let’s say we changed only one singular thing about this story and made Adam Bloom black. He did the same exact things, acted the same way in every way, do you suppose that the woman would have accused Adam Bloom of racially profiling? If not then why not?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I guess you no longer want to participate in your own thread?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Once Trump is impeached and quite possibly in prison or a witness protection program, (lol) I predict it will take around 10 years to get all the racism and hated he has encouraged, beaten back down to a manageable level.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Once Trump is impeached and quite possibly in prison or a witness protection program, (lol) I predict it will take around 10 years to get all the racism and hated he has encouraged, beaten back down to a manageable level.

Lmfao, that's one of the most ignorant post I have ever read, congrats on setting the bar below "Trash", seriously you're a master of the craft 🤣

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I thought it would take 8 years for Obama to bring the country together and he divided it more than is has been since the 60's. I really did. I did not vote for him but he damaged it sooooo bad it will take a few generations to recover.

Trump is none of that. He does not promote anything racist. The only thing 'prejudice' is how people act towards 'white people' now because a 'white' man is in office.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I thought it would take 8 years for Obama to bring the country together and he divided it more than is has been since the 60's

Obama had nothing to do with this, where do you people get such deluded ideas?

There is a war on white people and Obama is not the leader of that. It's apparently not allowed to say who the leaders are in this country even on a conspiracy website.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Nothing to do with what? Making cops and white people the enemy? He sure did. It is exactly what he wanted as well as those who support him. It is everywhere. They even preach to attack anyone who supports Trump and his administration.

The racial divide in the US ENDED on November 4, 2008. A black man was elected to the highest and most powerful position in the world. Then re-elected. If there was 'real' racism in this country he would have been shot dead but it is NOT the 1960's or even the 70's.

When Henry Louis Gates Jr. was 'questioned' by officers less than 6 months into his first term.

"I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

This started it. Then it was Trayvon could be my son. Then it was 'hands up-don't shoot'. And on and on and on.

The ONLY people who see racism in this country is a racist.

If you see color in every situation..you might be racist.
If you think the cops stopped you not because of an infraction but because of your skin color...you might be prejudice.
If you think you cannot get ahead because you are black then you had #ty role models.

Same thing for white people...

If you see color in every situation..you might be racist.
If you think the cops stopped you not because of an infraction but because of your skin color...you might be prejudice.
If you think you cannot get ahead because you are white and blacks take your jobs you are ignorant..and had #ty role models.

It was the final piece of the Progressive puzzle and they screwed up. They should have given HRC the 08 nod and Obama in 2012. They would have then had it all till 2020 at least.

100 years of preparation destroyed by one person...our president.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

He seems to struggle a bit with holding his head upright. Plus, the glasses. I'm thinking probable cause for a field sobriety test. Possibly even a cavity search.
edit on 11-7-2018 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Oxys....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

There probably isn't more to the story. But this isn't news nor is it blatant racism.

How come when I was asked to provide ID to get into my developments pool it wasn't reported all over?

I know why. Do you?

Not all pools are public.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join