It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake protesting of the immigration issue? Ugh..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the children that they have parents that would bring them illegally into any country "illegally".
If i leave my child in a hot car while i go inside a store. i take a chance on having my child taken away.
Its endangerment to the child to illegally cross over any foreign land.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
I feel sorry for the children that they have parents that would bring them illegally into any country "illegally".
If i leave my child in a hot car while i go inside a store. i take a chance on having my child taken away.
Its endangerment to the child to illegally cross over any foreign land.

Exactly. And the people who want to leave our immigration laws weak and encourage illegal immigration are partly responsible for putting these kids at risk.

]This is what you get when you encourage illegal immigration. How many of these kids have to be abused by traffickers, sold into slavery, before these politicians give up on their new voter scheme?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa
People have been using children as a bargaining chip for centuries.

Rarely has it ever ended well for the children when that occurs, and rarely have those that use this ploy ever care about the impact their gamble has on the children.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Congress doing anything aside from fundraising and political theatre.

Actual work is apparently too hard.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785Forget what you were told in school about how government works.
It was in large measure carefully contrived fiction and propaganda.
The reality is something else entirely.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Some folks blame Trump for everything. It happens to every President, and it's not fair. In Trump's case, even when he does something right he still gets the exact same response. I have grown to be able to see that it is important to him to keep his campaign promises as much as he can, and "getting tough" at the border is one of those.

What are you referring to as the "vast increase in attempts" ?

The general purpose of walls not withstanding ... we already have border walls and fences in place and a mandate to secure the entire border if I remember correctly (during the Bush II Adminsitration I believe). Therefore the "56' high great and beautiful wall" that Mr. Trump envisions is, in my opinion, merely a boondoggle. I'm not opposed to securing the borders; I just think there are more cost effective ways to do so.

The attitudes of border agents are indeed at risk currently; apparently, many are feeling confused and put into an impossible situation by the Trump Administrations confusing directives.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

What are you referring to? Did I make a statement that Democrats aren't advocating for open borders (as in, the party) and you found a couple of individual exceptions?

Well done. As to whether I'm right here or not ... we all make mistakes, no?

I can own up to mine. Some can't.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms trafficking).
It reportedly generates a profit of $32 billion every year.

Trumps a puppet like all the other presidents before him.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I see you stole my line, talk about not being able to conjure an independent thought, lol. Anyway, as they say, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. a reply to: network dude

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: Gryphon66Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms trafficking).
It reportedly generates a profit of $32 billion every year.

Trumps a puppet like all the other presidents before him.

In my personal view, Mr. Trump is something very rare ... a true agent of CHAOS.

I'm not sure any of us have really seen a person like this in our lifetimes ...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What are you referring to? Did I make a statement that Democrats aren't advocating for open borders (as in, the party) and you found a couple of individual exceptions?

The border already is open, and Democrat's are going into autistic screeching mode to stop any effort to curb it / block them / messy up their day / deter them / etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The border already is open, and Democrat's are going into autistic screeching mode to stop any effort to curb it / block them / messy up their day / deter them / etc.

Both statements are your personal opinion. The border is not open in any meaningful sense, and Democrats are politicians and like Republicans are prone to lies and other psychotic efforts to acquire more power over others.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nifty.

Looks like we have work to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

From September 2017:

Efforts by DHS to Estimate Southwest Border Security between Ports of Entry

With respect to border enforcement outputs, available data indicate that the southwest land border is more difficult to illegally cross today than ever before. First, survey data, mathematical models, and USBP assessments suggest that a growing share of attempting crossers between POEs are apprehended or interdicted: 55 to 85 percent today (depending on the specific estimate), versus 35 to 70 percent a decade ago. Second, administrative and survey data suggest that a much higher share of unlawful immigrants are deterred from making a subsequent attempt after being repatriated: about 55 to 75 percent today versus 10 to 40 percent a decade or two ago. Third, survey data and USBP assessments indicate that alm

Also

With respect to border enforcement outcomes, available data also indicate the lowest number of illegal entries at least since 2000, and likely since the early 1970s. First, the U.S. Border Patrol made 408,000 southwest border apprehensions in 2016, the fourth-lowest number since 1972, and a 75 percent drop from 1.6 million apprehensions in 2000. The drop in apprehensions likely understates the drop in illegal entries given the apparent increase in the apprehension rate. Second, USBP’s observation-based estimate of known got aways fell 83 percent between 2006 and 2016, from 615,000 to 106,000, in spite of improved detection capacity. Third, the IDA Corporation estimates that successful illegal entries fell 91 percent between 2000 and 2016 (from 1.8 million to 170,000), though DHS is still working to validate and refine IDA’s methodology

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

From September 2017:

With respect to border enforcement outputs, available data indicate that the southwest land border is more difficult to illegally cross today than ever before. First, survey data, mathematical models, and USBP assessments suggest that a growing share of attempting crossers between POEs are apprehended or interdicted: 55 to 85 percent today (depending on the specific estimate), versus 35 to 70 percent a decade ago. Second, administrative and survey data suggest that a much higher share of unlawful immigrants are deterred from making a subsequent attempt after being repatriated: about 55 to 75 percent today versus 10 to 40 percent a decade or two ago. Third, survey data and USBP assessments indicate that alm

Also

With respect to border enforcement outcomes, available data also indicate the lowest number of illegal entries at least since 2000, and likely since the early 1970s. First, the U.S. Border Patrol made 408,000 southwest border apprehensions in 2016, the fourth-lowest number since 1972, and a 75 percent drop from 1.6 million apprehensions in 2000. The drop in apprehensions likely understates the drop in illegal entries given the apparent increase in the apprehension rate. Second, USBP’s observation-based estimate of known got aways fell 83 percent between 2006 and 2016, from 615,000 to 106,000, in spite of improved detection capacity. Third, the IDA Corporation estimates that successful illegal entries fell 91 percent between 2000 and 2016 (from 1.8 million to 170,000), though DHS is still working to validate and refine IDA’s methodology

From September 2017. Part of the big story is there's been a huge uptick in illegal entries and asylum claims (most of which are false, but we won't get into that) in the past few months. The assessment from September 2017 is old.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

From September 2017:

Also

From September 2017. Part of the big story is there's been a huge uptick in illegal entries and asylum claims (most of which are false, but we won't get into that) in the past few months. The assessment from September 2017 is old.

LOL, old huh? If you'd bothered to examine even the material I quoted, you'd see that this "old" report talks about long-term trends in which we see a reduction of all manner of illegal crossing attempts over more than a decade.

Whatever "uptick" has happened doesn't affect those long-term trends beyond a minor "bump" and that's just basic math.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your article ia making the assumption that less arrests means less illegal immigrants entering the US. I'm not sure I'm willing to make that same assumption.

You are quoting sources that seem to think because the number is going down, still over 100,000, everything is good.

I don't like the ideal of 100,000 + potential criminals walking across the border each year. I don't consider that doing a good job.

Maybe if we had proper security, like a wall we could get that number closer to zero. Since it's best if we properly vet everyone and ensure zero possibility of human traffickers and drug smugglers from coming accross an open border.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

My "article" is the official report from DHS to Congress; take your quibbles up with them.

The claim was that we have open borders. We do not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join