It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake protesting of the immigration issue? Ugh..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That policy change consisted of no longer not enforcing the laws on the books right? While technically correct I think the word policy is obscuring the issue, too many take that as writing in effect a new law rather than doing their job of enforcing the law on the books.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Fake is anything someone doesn't agree with now

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No one is "blaming" Trump for enforcing the law. There is more than one way to enforce this particular law, however.

I am actually interested in knowing: what is your proposal? Let's assume you were President... what would you do?

Does 30 billion on a wall and the ensuing growth of government to patrol the wall strike you as being fiscally responsible when it's unnecessary?

This statement confuses me. Yes, the wall will cost $30 billion, more or less. But the maintenance costs rising to patrol a wall as opposed to patrolling an area without a wall, in order to achieve the same effect, makes no sense.

I raise chickens. I have areas that are fenced off, not so much to keep chickens in, but to keep other things out. Now, I will admit those fences, if left unmaintained, would do little good after a time, but they do work well with a minimum of maintenance, and certainly much better than jumping up at all hours of the night, night after night, to find out what is attacking the chickens because there was no fence at all to stop them.

The goal, as I see it, is to prevent illegal entry, not just to deport those who manage to get in. In that light, it makes perfect sense to make illegal entry as difficult as possible. That is exactly what a wall does.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

We all ignore that part, lol.

If you really that BS then you really a danger to your own nation. That has to be the most hystarical image i have seen. The liberal movement is going to start getting violent, i can see it already.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

I have to say, I really, really, REALLY hate it when someone misquotes the Bible. You do realize that in certain countries, misquoting their holy writings is punishable by death? Thankfully, that is not our way.

Yes, just because someone from elsewhere is living among us, we are not to mistreat them... we are not to mistreat anyone for that matter. That is not the same as saying we are not to hold them to the same standards as we hold ourselves. We are not talking about legal immigrants here, who follow our laws and contribute to society... we are talking about illegal immigration, wherein our laws are broken (by definition) and often the illegals do not contribute to society in a positive way.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: Anathros
In short, I'm starting to see many of these open border advocates and protesters in a new light. Many are feigning anger and couldn't tell you what they're protesting. The other group live for civil discourse and unrest. They are domestic anarchists bordering on domestic terrorists.

The majority of the protesters can basically be split into two groups: those using the issue as an excuse to protest Trump, and those that have been completely brainwashed by the MSM.
They weren't protesting when children were being separated from their families under Bill Clinton, and they weren't protesting when children were being separated from their families under Barack Obama. Now that Trump is president, they're suddenly mad about the system Clinton and Obama created, except they're not blaming Clinton and Obama, they're blaming Trump. Some of them are doing it just because they hate Trump (largely due to the MSM manipulating them), and others are doing it because they actually believe Trump created this situation (again, due to the MSM manipulating them).
Then, of course, you have the third group - the ones that are too stupid and ignorant to understand the consequences of open borders and free immigration for all, and those who have no idea what's actually going on on the border.
The United States takes in more legal immigrants than any other country in the world. However, the key thing to remember is that we can't take in every single person or help every single person who wants help. It's literally not possible. Imagine if we suddenly took in 2 billion of the world's poor and starving - the US would collapse. So, we need to put limits on what level of immigration is acceptable, so that we actually can integrate those immigrants, give them the support they need, and help them be successful. Immigration laws ARE those limits. Everyone who intentionally sneaks across the border is circumventing those limits and taking resources away from the immigrants who come here legally.
Now, many of these protesters want to live in their little fantasy world and imagine that all of the people intentionally sneaking across the border are happily married young families with sad little boys and girls who just want an opportunity to grow up and be doctors and lawyers. No. Crime such as sex trafficking of children and drug smuggling are rampant. This is why whenever people intentionally circumvent the legal immigration routes and sneak into the country without documentation or identification, we need to stop them and make sure they aren't engaged in illegal activities (obviously aside from sneaking into another country), particularly when they have children with them. We need to make sure those children are actually theirs and not being forced into sex slavery. It's easy for predators to tell families in South America that for a fee, they'll get their kids safely to America, and then just take the money and sell the kids for sex. Many of those children "separated from their families" didn't even come with their families in the first place, meaning that to return them to their families, they have to be deported back to where they came from.

Well spoken.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: network dude

You first.

Why do you attempt to denigrate the people that you don't agree with? Do your arguments not stand on their own merits?

I guess you decided to not fetch you're debate skills either?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
So I've been watching and reading about these protests concerning Illegal immigrants and the separation of children from their parents.

In short, I'm starting to see many of these open border advocates and protesters in a new light. Many are feigning anger and couldn't tell you what they're protesting. The other group live for civil discourse and unrest. They are domestic anarchists bordering on domestic terrorists.

They're angry at not achieving traction with banning guns, so this is their new "cause". Will only last a few weeks, and then it's on to the next BIG THING. Meanwhile, the sheer number of dysfunctional Americans is decreasing. Eventually only the hard-core morons (like Maxine Waters) will be left.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: network dude

Because the law was there to cover all loop holes that's why. If push came to shove then they can up hold the law to that point, for you know dangerous criminals and child trafficking and what not, where the child is in future or immediate danger.
But when you start enforcing it as a blanket law with no allowances for only certain people, and start ripping apart entire families who are seeking asylum or looking to properly immigrate then it becomes a moral and ethics issue.
This sort of thing happened in the past with a lot of governments who just wanted to control every aspect of what's going on. It's not right, it's twisted.

is it the law, or not? You first and foremost need to clarify if this is the law, and if it is, and you don't agree with it, you need to change it. You don't get to dictate how the laws need to be fudged, disregarded, or adjusted to fit your narrow mind.

Either we protect our borders, or we let everyone in, you make the call.

That's not how it works. You know the law isn't black and white and it's not like physics of nature and the universe. We have things call due process you know.

I understand you're the most stand up citizen that is straight as an arrow and never breaks any laws and pre pays your taxes or something like that, but, if you don't understand what blanket laws are and how they are abused you should go take a look at the thousands of lives ruined by drinking and driving laws because it's a 100% almost open and shut case, cops abuse their power all the time to get a quick bust in those cases, and they also let a lot of people off the hook as well.

The point I was getting at is they were starting to just rip apart children from the adults regardless of the circumstances, or affiliation. Sure it's the law, but here's where we differ, my morality is clearly in a different mind than yours. Imagine if you were seeking asylum from somewhere and your child gets detained for 20 days without reason. Even Trump felt bad, clearly you don't.

NO, that's EXACTLY how it works. Laws, enacted for a reason. If they no longer support the reason they were enacted, then by the proper channels, they should be changed, not how we enforce them.

This is a fundamental key to our society. If you can intelligently argue that, I'd like to hear it.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The goal, as I see it, is to prevent illegal entry, not just to deport those who manage to get in. In that light, it makes perfect sense to make illegal entry as difficult as possible. That is exactly what a wall does.

The obvious logic of this fails the left.
Sure people enter on tourist visas ect by flying in, but we are talking Mexico and Central America. A wall would prevent the majority of the current illegal crossings from Mexico, which is the cause celebre of the left at the moment. We wouldn't need to separate families if they can't enter illegally in the first place.

Congress seems destined to never try to fix this issue.

People on the left tell us they aren't for open borders, I would ask then how they would prevent illegal entry into our country via our Southern Border?

Let's hear your plan...........

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Here in LA I am pretty sure people know what they are protesting against. You need to look into the REAL STORIES of what has happened to these children...Some were DRUGGED, because they would not stop crying and were so upset. I am not okay with that.

Immigrant children who were detained near Houston, and in some cases separated from their parents at the border, were forced by authorities to take a range of psychotropic drugs in a heavy-handed attempt to manage their trauma, according to a lawsuit made public on Wednesday.

www.newsweek.com...

According to the investigation, which was conducted by Reveal and the Texas Tribune, several of the private facilities that the Office of Refugee Resettlement partners with in order to hold immigrant children have histories of abuse and misconduct allegations against them, including accusations of drugging children and assaulting them sexually and physically.

www.thecut.com...

The allegations in these documents, as well as recent facility inspection reports and other lawsuits, range from unsanitary conditions and invasive monitoring of mail and phone calls to unair-conditioned rooms in hot Texas summers and dosing children with cocktails of psychotropic drugs disguised as vitamins. At one facility, children recounted being held down for forcible injections, which medical records show are powerful antipsychotics and sedatives.
www.cnn.com...

THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE MARCHING FOR!!!

You poor thing.

President Donald Trump’s zero tolerance policy stands to create a zombie army of children forcibly injected with medications that make them dizzy, listless, obese and even incapacitated, according to legal filings that show immigrant children in U.S. custody subdued with powerful psychiatric drugs.

The Strory

The reporter
edit on 1-7-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: trollz

You want me to parse out 20 year or so of Democratic/Republican political BS law rules and regulations?

Nah.

Our immigration policies should protect the people of the United States from foreign actors who desire to harm us on our own soil.

Our immigration policies should provide foreign people who want to come to the United States and become productive members of our society a straightforward, low-cost way of doing so.

No American policy should separate children from their parents when it is unnecessary, and if we do separate them and take them into our care, we should do our best to make them safe and comfortable as possible ... because they're just f-ing kids for godssake.

There you go. Enjoy.

Good! Now that Trump has given them a little breathing room, maybe Congress will get off their ass, and fix the law...you know...their job. And you can bet your ass, that Trump supporters will be watching closely at how the GOP members vote.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Because the law was there to cover all loop holes that's why. If push came to shove then they can up hold the law to that point, for you know dangerous criminals and child trafficking and what not, where the child is in future or immediate danger.
But when you start enforcing it as a blanket law with no allowances for only certain people, and start ripping apart entire families who are seeking asylum or looking to properly immigrate then it becomes a moral and ethics issue.
This sort of thing happened in the past with a lot of governments who just wanted to control every aspect of what's going on. It's not right, it's twisted.

is it the law, or not? You first and foremost need to clarify if this is the law, and if it is, and you don't agree with it, you need to change it. You don't get to dictate how the laws need to be fudged, disregarded, or adjusted to fit your narrow mind.

Either we protect our borders, or we let everyone in, you make the call.

That's not how it works. You know the law isn't black and white and it's not like physics of nature and the universe. We have things call due process you know.

I understand you're the most stand up citizen that is straight as an arrow and never breaks any laws and pre pays your taxes or something like that, but, if you don't understand what blanket laws are and how they are abused you should go take a look at the thousands of lives ruined by drinking and driving laws because it's a 100% almost open and shut case, cops abuse their power all the time to get a quick bust in those cases, and they also let a lot of people off the hook as well.

The point I was getting at is they were starting to just rip apart children from the adults regardless of the circumstances, or affiliation. Sure it's the law, but here's where we differ, my morality is clearly in a different mind than yours. Imagine if you were seeking asylum from somewhere and your child gets detained for 20 days without reason. Even Trump felt bad, clearly you don't.

NO, that's EXACTLY how it works. Laws, enacted for a reason. If they no longer support the reason they were enacted, then by the proper channels, they should be changed, not how we enforce them.

This is a fundamental key to our society. If you can intelligently argue that, I'd like to hear it.

So what is the reasoning behind separating children from parents once they are detained at the boarder? Why is that a law?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

To determine if the parents and children are indeed related. Which has been standard procedure for some time.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So a family of say mom, dad, two kids being separated seems like a logical choice because you know, the adults just aren't their parents? I said it before the moral judgement is backwards. This who fiasco down at the boarder wasn't planned at all. Blanket laws and that strictly enforced rarely have good out comes.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It won't seem logical if your observing the issue from an emotional viewpoint.

It was done this way because, believe it or not, there are unscrupulous individuals out there that would kidnap children in order to immigrate.

There are some that are involved with human trafficking.

It should be noted that those coming in legally are not separated from their children.

On a side note: Can you tell me what everyone is seeking asylum from? I've been looking and I cant seem to find anything. I ask because this is the criteria for asylum

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You Dems do know that that the more this fake news, fake outrage happens the more people are motivated to vote for trump, right? More centrists are being pushed to the right because the left look like a bunch of mentally unstable simpletons.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

No one is "blaming" Trump for enforcing the law. There is more than one way to enforce this particular law, however.

Do you have any evidence on the failure of catch-and-release? If so, that would be a more compelling argument.

Does 30 billion on a wall and the ensuing growth of government to patrol the wall strike you as being fiscally responsible when it's unnecessary?

Not me.

I do believe there are quite a lot of people equating this directly to the POTUS.

The vast increase in attempts could be argued to show that people are trying to get in while they still can in less than legal ways.

The whole point of having an infrastructure such as the wall is to lower or keep the same amount of border agents but allowing them to perform their jobs with more safety and ease. The requirements of more personal is going to keep going up thus making the wall arguably a better way to spend the money that’s going to be going to border protection one way or the other. Your also going to have a hard time recruiting new border agents if they continue to feel like all there hard work is for not.

I’m all for immigration if done the right way.

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: kurthall

See you assume....I WORK WITH CHALLENGED CHILDREN! My life is children! Yes I care about them. I also do something about it.

Volunteer I hope or do you work in the challenged-children-for profit industry?

This is really unnecessary and counter productive let’s not make this anymore personally emotional charges as it is already.

This is starting to become ridiculous people.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Professional protestors who will protest anything to oppose the US gov.

Notice all of the professionally made signs in red and black, preloaded with slogans etc. Same groups who get gullible people to march for anything under the sun.

The latest fake cause is to abolish ICE supposedly because kids separated from families.
Well there are so many things wrong with the premise.
ICE does not separate families, border security does which is a separate agency. The protestors are not calling to end border security though it is targeting ICE.

HUGE RED FLAG!!!

So the goal really is to end ICE so who benefits and would pay for these protests to happen for this desired end result? The Mexican Cartels that is who. They killed over 40 politicians in Mexico this year alone who were campaigning locally in their regions, that is to control the flow of drugs and humans across the border on their side.

On the US side they cannot just indiscriminately assassinate politicians, it wouldn't protect their business this side of the border anyway but paying for attacking ICE politically to limit their effectiveness does. Dems are desperate and will take money from anywhere. The money hungry protest machines are always ready to go, they never stand down and adopt any cause that pays them.

The Cartels are the only ones who benefit by targeting ICE. Triggered libs are easy sheeple who cannot think past the word TRUMP. Trump Ice Bad, that is the only message the Cartels need and it probably has a really cheap pricetag too since the Dems think it will save their Blue Wave. It is possible the Cartels and the DNC are allied in this as partners.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join