It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake protesting of the immigration issue? Ugh..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So I've been watching and reading about these protests concerning Illegal immigrants and the separation of children from their parents. I happened upon a member's sickening post gushing about how proud she was of these woman protesting for the rights of these illegal immigrants. How about standing up for the rights of Americans?

These illegals are knowingly breaking our laws. They alone are putting their family at risk of separation by illegally crossing into our nation. This shows not only a lack of respect for our laws but a lack of concern regarding being separated from their children. That stupid # aside, where are the protests for the countless Americans serving imprisonment who find themselves separated from their children for breaking our laws? Exactly, you don't really care about an issue that isn't a political topic. I pray you have more concern for fellow Americans and this is just the lastest bandwagon issue to jump on but I'm starting to wonder about many progressives. I spent over a decade in the Army. I don't recall many marches to reunite our service people with their families. I was personally away from my daughter for a total of 53 months missing memories of her childhood I can't get back. Where was the compassion then?

In short, I'm starting to see many of these open border advocates and protesters in a new light. Many are feigning anger and couldn't tell you what they're protesting. The other group live for civil discourse and unrest. They are domestic anarchists bordering on domestic terrorists.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Before the middle of April 2018, the number of families split up at our border in the course of enforcing our laws was a fraction of what it is now.

The Trump Administration changed the policy of enforcement in 2018.

Folks are exercising their American right to assemble and speak because they do not support these changes made in their name.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Before the middle of April 2018, the number of families split up at our border in the course of enforcing our laws was a fraction of what it is now.

link...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Aren't the protests actually real and happening. Has the definition of 'fake' become something not agreed with.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Not playing fetch today; Google is your friend though.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Aren't the protests actually real and happening. Has the definition of 'fake' become something not agreed with.

... and they say the postmoderns have declared war on language. LOL.

It seems to me for some "fake" now means "something I don't agree with."

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yeah because its complete BS. Remember that picture of the kids in a cage under OBama?

Where were their parents because they sure were not in there with those kids..

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

these are people incapable of original thought and need to be told what to be angry about, and how angry they should be. If not for the MSM explaining this to them, they would just wander around mumbling about Trump, orange things, and bad hair. But damn, their predictability and stupidity is fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Yeah because its complete BS. Remember that picture of the kids in a cage under OBama?

One person tweeted a photograph from the Obama Administration, yes.

I noted above that there was a massive increase in family separations in April; I did not say there were none before that.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

these are people incapable of original thought and need to be told what to be angry about, and how angry they should be. If not for the MSM explaining this to them, they would just wander around mumbling about Trump, orange things, and bad hair. But damn, their predictability and stupidity is fun to watch.

This general comment can be applied to a lot of people and certainly not, as you imply, only those that don't support President Trump. I wonder why you'd make it except to attempt to denigrate those you don't agree with?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I noted above that there was a massive increase in family separations in April; I did not say there were none before that.

You noted some bS.. I saw that

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Thanks for your opinion. Do you have any evidence besides that to deny my claim about the changes made to enforcement policy at the border in April 2018 by AG Sessions? IF not, my only response to you is that fact is common knowledge at this point and your exceptions are merely specious.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Thanks for your opinion. Do you have any evidence besides that to deny my claim about the changes made to enforcement policy at the border in April 2018 by AG Sessions? IF not, my only response to you is that fact is common knowledge at this point and your exceptions are merely specious.

Im not playing fetch figure it out ..

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Im not playing fetch figure it out ..

I have, parrot.

See above.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

This general comment can be applied to a lot of people and certainly not, as you imply, only those that don't support President Trump. I wonder why you'd make it except to attempt to denigrate those you don't agree with?

I can say with certainty, that yes, this is happening and I'm confident it's as I described. A couple years ago, I'd have laughed and said "yes, this is hyperbolic, but fun", today, it's just a sad fact.

what has changed with regard to immigration? Trump decided to stop being soft on the border. He decided to enforce the law. The law that has been the law for a long time now. So effectively, all those who are protesting, are protesting laws that have been law, for a while, and they just started to be upset. Why? Because they were told to.

Please, explain how that's not what's happening.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You first.

Why do you attempt to denigrate the people that you don't agree with? Do your arguments not stand on their own merits?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Here in LA I am pretty sure people know what they are protesting against. You need to look into the REAL STORIES of what has happened to these children...Some were DRUGGED, because they would not stop crying and were so upset. I am not okay with that.

Immigrant children who were detained near Houston, and in some cases separated from their parents at the border, were forced by authorities to take a range of psychotropic drugs in a heavy-handed attempt to manage their trauma, according to a lawsuit made public on Wednesday.

www.newsweek.com...

According to the investigation, which was conducted by Reveal and the Texas Tribune, several of the private facilities that the Office of Refugee Resettlement partners with in order to hold immigrant children have histories of abuse and misconduct allegations against them, including accusations of drugging children and assaulting them sexually and physically.

www.thecut.com...

The allegations in these documents, as well as recent facility inspection reports and other lawsuits, range from unsanitary conditions and invasive monitoring of mail and phone calls to unair-conditioned rooms in hot Texas summers and dosing children with cocktails of psychotropic drugs disguised as vitamins. At one facility, children recounted being held down for forcible injections, which medical records show are powerful antipsychotics and sedatives.
www.cnn.com...

THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE MARCHING FOR!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

so is everyone who speeds a criminal who deserves to have their families seperated???

What about everyone who doesn’t pay their car tag on time??

Why people are cool with the government throwing people into concrete boxes for even the smallest infraction I have no idea..

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The Trump Administration changed the policy of enforcement in 2018.

Folks are exercising their American right to assemble and speak because they do not support these changes made in their name.

This is just a lie.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Why dont you care about the American children? Oh NM you are just waiting for CNN to tell you to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join