It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake protesting of the immigration issue? Ugh..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

There is a way to greatly slow it down.
Finish building the wall.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: SpartanStoic

And all that being said, theres no way to stop the illega immigration. Theres no popular nor political will to do that. Trump is playing to his base, stupidly, because he cant stem the flow, he might slow it down for a bit, but thats all he'll do. In the mean time he's galvanized his resistance on the left. He just doesnt get optics or politics. He should have stuck with improving the economy.

I think he gets optics just fine. This morning #abolishDemocrats was getting 4 times as many tweets on Twitter than #aboslishICE was. The platforms the resistance are choosing - MS-13 are people too; open borders; you can't detain or prosecute people that have kids; abolish ICE - these are not winning messages with voters.

ETA: I think it's just hilarious, some Democrats acknowledged after the 2016 election they had lost touch with mainstream voters, and they haven't done anything to get them back. If anything, they've gotten even more out of touch. I wonder why.
edit on 2 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well, more accurately the will and the well being of the anglo population that supports Trump.Text

Open borders ? - Let’s talk –

I have not heard or read what open borders really is and would like to understand a little more about the ramifications of open borders. Would open borders for the United States mean open borders for everyone from every country or would it entail just certain countries?

Let’s first understand the Mexican problem. If we had open borders and the Mexicans as well as all people from all nations come and go to suit their needs, would that also apply to all nations or would there be restrictions for some nations?
Does open borders mean that we have open borders for selected people or for all people?

You could not have open borders for selected people because that would be inhumane and actually the same as you have now. You would still need border control and not have open borders. So the world council would then demand the same for all people would they not?

Then there is another problem. Would Mexico allow all people to do the same as they demand from America? In other words could I as an American enter Mexico and return from Mexico and have access to Mexico as they demand from America?

Does a citizen of Mexico have a retirement program? Does Mexico have a medical program? Can anyone simply walk into Mexico and demand the same rights as a Mexican citizen? Could a migrant enter Mexico and obtain humane care such as medical, dental, housing, food, and free schooling? Could a migrant display their choice of a flag and partake in insurrection without fear of harm? Could a migrant bring his/her family to free Mexico and get any sort of welfare?

How would America enforce the open border policies of the many countries that demand the same from America? Would that require an international police force of some sort and just who would control this police force? Would international open borders create world economy crises and would it not eventually create international government?

If open borders were to be established, who then would be the unelected leaders of this government? It could not be elected could it? Would not most all people favor their own officials if it were by election?

If this should ever be considered, then consider just who would give up their elected power and submit to an international authority? What and who would control this international power and would it be by election or international force?
But the first step is to establish international open borders is it not?

It seems as though this is a long range and very well thought out plan to one world government. Is the scheme to not use armed force but use the people’s own ignorance such as was done in the Obama Care era. By deception it can be done and may very well be done.

Let’s Talk

edit on 2-7-2018 by Seede because: mistyped sentence

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Who knows, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm out of touch with "mainstream" america, whatever that means.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede
There is so much about the open border scenario that is overlooked that it seems purposeful.

The idea of open boarders conjures up visions for me of "3% " and "Elysium". It is very easy to sell poor immigrants from other countries the idea that the streets of America is paved with gold, when the closet you have been to living outside your remote little village is in your mind, when you are watching a movie that some missionaries show for your entertainment.

Open boarders will bring to the border towns and extended, a worse life for the people that are dreaming, than the one they left. At least in the remote little village you have people around you that love you, or at least concerned for you. Going to a country where you will be treated worse than a third class citizen, risking modern slavery or worse abuses, is not very wise.

People come because the only Americans they know are tourist or movie stars. It is easy for them to believe in the American dream of wealth and prosperity when that is the only America they know.

There will be a huge cost to both American citizens and the immigrants if this push for open borders is not properly dealt with.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

My point is that since the end of WWII, the US, as supported by both "Parties" has pretty much turned a blind eye to border enforcement as far as Mexico is concerned. The Dems support it because it gives them new voters and the Repubs have supported it because it provides cheap labor.

I am not advocating for "Open Borders", but truthfully, as far as the border with Mexico is concerned that's been the policy for decades.

You raise some valid points and I'd expect that the policy making elites are probably going forward with something like a EU approach which would make cross border traffic much easier, perhaps something akin to the emergence of a "North American Union".
One thing is certain, in fact there's only one thing that is certain. Change. And its coming fast, like it or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: roadgravel
Aren't the protests actually real and happening. Has the definition of 'fake' become something not agreed with.

... and they say the postmoderns have declared war on language. LOL.

It seems to me for some "fake" now means "something I don't agree with."

Fake comment!!

Just kidding lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Xenogears

Catch and release, is unethical, it is an incentive to come here, and it IS OPEN BORDERS, all you in favor of it are in favor of open borders, and against the will and well being of the american people

Well, more accurately the will and the well being of the anglo population that supports Trump.

But the thing that pisses me off is that under both parties, the US has had open borders from Reagans amnesty forward. Whats so different now?? Other than altogether closing the borders, theres no stopping the flood. Its happened, its happening and its going to happen.

Chill and take some Spanish classes.

It leads to systemic collapse, chill and learn to survive in venezuela.

edit

You must understand resources are limited. Even low wage employment is said to not provide a living wage, rumor is companies like walmart orient their workers on how to request welfare, as their wages are too low. Low skill seem like they tax the welfare system even if they work. Right now there are incentives to reproduce for the less fit, and disincentives for those who are more fit, it is an artificial selection in a bad direction, it is dysgenics.

Intelligence is heritable like height, import low intelligence people and that is a problem, generation upon generation, towards the future.

Most of these migrants vote for big government, increasing welfare, and it is a positive feedback loop. The less fit, less capable, and more dependent on welfare are incentivized to reproduce more and vote for more welfare and more privileges.

Yet resources are limited we can only support so many on welfare, and we need only so many low skill workers. The cities that have been inundated by low iq populations, what has happened to them is not pretty.

edit on 2-7-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

My point is that since the end of WWII, the US, as supported by both "Parties" has pretty much turned a blind eye to border enforcement as far as Mexico is concerned. The Dems support it because it gives them new voters and the Repubs have supported it because it provides cheap labor.

Point well taken and within that perspective is the internet. I believe that the politicians of old were so incompetent that it is a wonder this Republic even got to this day. The internet contributed salvation to the people's Republic by almost instant revelations of the scoundrels who are self serving. I don't believe we will survive this onslaught of hate and division if we cannot overcome the hate that is in our very existence.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There will be a huge cost to both American citizens and the immigrants if this push for open borders is not properly dealt with.

I believe you are right on target. Heard a guy on radio last night saying that there are 114,556 American children [right now] that need adopted and not one word or organized march for them has been thought of. And both parties of America are frantic about 2,000 immigrant children with no thought of their own 114,556 American kids. This Republic has really a lot to answer for and I mean all parties.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Over half the things that many claim so offensive, so inhumane, and that they claim to be willing to die or kill for, were no where in their minds a couple of years, months, weeks ago.

If they had not seen it on the TV, internet videos, Facebook or Twitter, they would not even be aware of it and if they were not told how to think, behave and respond, we would not be talking about it.

I see this with my brother. For years I was a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist. Now suddenly he is the enlightened one. The problem, is that he is regurgitating a bunch recycled garbage that TPTB are utilizing to bait and trap the masses.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
More fake protesting of the immigration issue?

Yep.

FAKE PROTESTING.

Thinking so little of their own countries and endangering children that would would get a legal citizen locked up.

The quadrennial explotation of the masses.

ALBEIT not what Skeptic meant.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

They were being split up in larger numbers because laws were actually FINALLY enforced. In any country, when people break laws they get separated from family, and in many of these cases the children aren't even related to the adults. Child trafficking rings using the system too. Sickening.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

would like to see the numbers you supposedly have

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Lol 'in their name'
Govts act as a function of their term in power. You have the option of starting proceedings in Court. These changes as you pointed out are not changes but adherence to law.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

From your OP

In short, I'm starting to see many of these open border advocates and protesters in a new light. Many are feigning anger and couldn't tell you what they're protesting. The other group live for civil discourse and unrest. They are domestic anarchists bordering on domestic terrorists.

Even if they are protesting at the location of detainees? Thousands of protestors showed for the Federal Detention Center- SeaTac -See here

Hmm, heard the same accusations about Antifa and the Women's Marches.
Is Soros busing them all in?

(post by smoka206 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: smoka206

First they came for the (illegal)immigrants...

AH, wait, we're all safe now, the POTUS on our side.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I a reply to: Seede

The internet contributed salvation to the people's Republic by almost instant revelations of the scoundrels who are self serving. I don't believe we will survive this onslaught of hate and division if we cannot overcome the hate that is in our very existence.

The Republic is already on life support because of the excessive over reach of the central Federal government. If power were restored to the States, things might get better. But that future isnt in the cards.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Well were all waiting for legalized weed, of course.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join