It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake protesting of the immigration issue? Ugh..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Anathros

Here in LA I am pretty sure people know what they are protesting against. You need to look into the REAL STORIES of what has happened to these children...Some were DRUGGED, because they would not stop crying and were so upset. I am not okay with that.

Immigrant children who were detained near Houston, and in some cases separated from their parents at the border, were forced by authorities to take a range of psychotropic drugs in a heavy-handed attempt to manage their trauma, according to a lawsuit made public on Wednesday.

www.newsweek.com...

According to the investigation, which was conducted by Reveal and the Texas Tribune, several of the private facilities that the Office of Refugee Resettlement partners with in order to hold immigrant children have histories of abuse and misconduct allegations against them, including accusations of drugging children and assaulting them sexually and physically.

www.thecut.com...

The allegations in these documents, as well as recent facility inspection reports and other lawsuits, range from unsanitary conditions and invasive monitoring of mail and phone calls to unair-conditioned rooms in hot Texas summers and dosing children with cocktails of psychotropic drugs disguised as vitamins. At one facility, children recounted being held down for forcible injections, which medical records show are powerful antipsychotics and sedatives.
www.cnn.com...

THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE MARCHING FOR!!!

How many of the lawsuits against Trump disappeared after he won, made up BS. Time will tell if this is not another case of manufactured knowingly frivolous lawsuits with made up claims to stir up outrage.

This immigration play appears to be the democrats next move for the midterms after russia collusion failed. Boy are they playing with fire. Strong anti-immigration stance was one of Trump's campaign's backbones, a campaign with support from all of america outside Sanctuary state cali, with a nearly 1.5+M lead in popular vote outside cali, a campaign that swinged the swing states its way.

2 cents,

The idea that implementing the law is wrong, and catch and releasing jobless, homeless people who may not even be the real parents out into america, is madness. Not only did these people risk the lives of their children and their wellbeing.

But a law abiding homeless jobless american citizen has his kids taken away. If you name your kid hitler, he's taken away, if you seriously endanger your child willingly they are taken away. But liberals want migrants to get away with joblessness, homelessness, breaking the law, and seriously endangering their children willingly.

Liberals asking for special privileges for migrants, even at the cost of endangering children and incentivizing the endangerment of children.

Catch and release, is unethical, it is an incentive to come here, and it IS OPEN BORDERS, all you in favor of it are in favor of open borders, and against the will and well being of the american people.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh good lord. The border laws are being enforced as they've been enforced for years. The primary change instituted by the Trump Administration was zero-tolerance which meant that all offenders were sent to jail not a detention center pending proper court procedures whereas previously those that were considered low risk would be released into the community pending their court date WHICH the majority attended (75%) which, surprise surprise reduced the current ridiculous load on the detention facilities. Yes, that means that 25% didn't attend which is troubling if we don't remember that these folks that were released were not prior offenders, had no criminal records, etc. I would also argue that most of those folks were apprehended anyway in time.

Sorry, 1.9 percent is not a huge overwhelming jump overall, particularly given the long-term trends are what they are.

Yes, I do agree that Congress needs to act, but that action should not be held hostage to funding for the Wall, in my opinion.

First court hearing, and still significant numbers don't show up. How about final one?

DHS Report: 84% of Illegal Alien Adults Not In Court For Final Case Hearing

According to this source
cns news

Will need to do more investigating.

If there are multiple hearings both claims could easily be true 70~ go to first 85~ dont go to last.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

CNS? Really?

Okay.

From your "source" ...

About 11,516 of these adults were given orders of removal by an immigration judge. Among these, 10,436 -- about 84 percent of the total number of completed cases -- were ordered removed in absentia, meaning they did not show up to court as scheduled.

Why didn't they show up? Is it because the order had already been served on them and they were deported?

Your "source" doesn't cite the DHS report it is supposedly pulling these statistics from. GIven the general reputation of CNS News, this would be far more convincing with that report in hand, no?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Before the middle of April 2018, the number of families split up at our border in the course of enforcing our laws was a fraction of what it is now.

The Trump Administration changed the policy of enforcement in 2018.

Folks are exercising their American right to assemble and speak because they do not support these changes made in their name.
no they decided to enforce our #### laws.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I guess I've just seen so much "fake news" it was easy to assume 72%. It should be 100%.

Either way I am not part of the sheep following the MSM Shepard of lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Brainwashed Social Tools use for Political Ends who will be Lead to their Deaths like Lemmings over a Cliff by the Enemies of America...............

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkang

Before the middle of April 2018, the number of families split up at our border in the course of enforcing our laws was a fraction of what it is now.

Folks are exercising their American right to assemble and speak because they do not support these changes made in their name.

Nah. Our ####### laws were already being enforced.

The Trump Administration chose a new way to enforce the ####### laws.

#### ###.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why didn't they show up?

"Ordered in absentia" means they didn't show up so they were ordered deported, not that they were ordered deported and so then didn't show up. The surest way to lose a court case is to not show up; it's an automatic denial.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

#### ###.

Catch and release is not acceptable. And even if it were the case 75% don't become fugitive, and keep going hearing after hearing, doubtful, that 25% of fugitives is still unacceptable.

BTW I WILL REPEAT

A law abiding homeless jobless american citizen has his kids taken away.

Why didn't they show up? Is it because the order had already been served on them and they were deported?

Also very doubtful the court produces hearings to those it knows are already deported. Much more reasonable that upon seeing their gamble to pay thousands to get smuggled and raped, that they would run from the law when their ticket back came into sight and seemed inevitable.

I mean if you pay thousands upon thousands to be smuggled and raped, probably contracting who knows how many stds, how smart can you be? And intelligence like height is mostly genetic and quite heritable.

Now they may be victims, but say a good chunk of them has hiv, you know how that will tax the system? They contracted it through their own willing actions of submitting themselves to a perilous journey. May even be the case and may even explain why the cali has made it legal to give aids to others knowingly. Perhaps another of the moronic views to help illegal immigrants along with their sanctuaries.

I even hear rumors if a married illegal migrant accuses her husband of domestic abuse she's protected from deportation. Which seems like an INCENTIVE TO FALSELY ACCUSE.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You actually bring up a good point. Parents that endanger their kids lives as US citizens will lose their children. However we dont apply this same rule to immigrants that risk the lives of their children. I hadnt thought of this to be honest.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

#### ###.

Wrong laws were not being enforced. When Obama lost the court case bot allowing family detention. Basically said the children did nothing wrong it was the parents that broke the law. And we cant punish the children for something the parent do. Sounds great doesnt it problem is that left Obama with 2 choices. He could separate children from family and prosecute the family members. Or let them go free if they had children with them. He chose the second option after being beaten up by the courts calling his detention centers cruel.

However if Obama would have set up nice facilities instead of cages in the desert i think he would have been allowed to keep families together.

So we move to Trump out of the two option he chose that releasing them isnt an option so now he was forced to separate the kids.

What needs to happen is 1 rule change anyone caught trying to sneak over the border is not allowed to seek asylum. And they should be subject to immediate deportation. The only people to be considered should be people that do it the right way through port of entry.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What needs to happen is 1 rule change anyone caught trying to sneak over the border is not allowed to seek asylum. And they should be subject to immediate deportation. The only people to be considered should be people that do it the right way through port of entry.

That is actually the best suggestion I have heard yet to actually resolve the issue.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

We should settle this once and for All...

By taking the example of the morally upright illegal immigrants. How do they handle this situation where they come from? What do they do to People who sneak into Their countries? What are the laws like regarding foreigners, what are the courts and jails like for illegal foreigners, how do they treat illegal foreign families, how do they treat unaccompanied foreign children... in Mexico, El Salvador, etc?

Does anybody even have the stomach for finding out the answer to that?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Thank you, I appreciate it very much to see another person with common sense out here spreading sanity 👍🏼

If I thought we had a reasonable way of dealing with them in place I would say that we should take their children away from them, and ship their asses back to where they came from. These people should never be allowed near children. We can't make that happen without executing them, but the least we can do is to make sure these ANIMALS (YES ANIMALS, they risk their child's well being for their personal gain, which I'm not even sure an animal would do) never come into contact with OUR most precious resource, American Children.

You talk about the Motivation to falsely report which is a very good point. Let's not also forget the Motivation for having children you cannot take care of.

"OMG YAY the adorable couple achieved vaginal penetration, complete with ejaculation! And what do you know, it resulted in conception! Let's shower them with extra priviliges for their Great Sacrifice to humanity! Way to go! You did it, you had an orgasm, and that Means Something!"

But if you were wise enough Not to have a child you could not possibly care for?

"Back of the line with you, ya mangy scrub! What are you, some kind of INCEL?? Go find a female and impregnate her, THEN maybe we will care about your life, you Freak!"

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: face23785

OK, that makes a little more sense. It also makes it more troubling, though... who skips out on their initial hearing? Would that be the criminal segment who never planned on actually getting asylum in the first place?

Most likely. Same people who skipped town when that mayor warned the ICE raids were coming. That mom of 3 who cleans motel rooms and contributes to her community that the media likes to pretend represent all illegal immigrants, she can't afford to skip town in a matter of days. The only people who benefited from that were the criminals. These are the same people who don't show up for their initial hearings. But sure, just keep releasing them because it's only 25% of them. That's still 10s of thousand of people every year, most of whom are likely criminals, coming into our country. Anyone who doesn't think this is a problem is a #ing fool.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

#### ###.

I'll 3rd that.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You very much nailed it on the head.

A popular podcaster (not political) explained it in a very clever way that I think is totally true -

The people on the fringe go further to the fringe, sometimes they follow a political figure out there who is feigning rage at something to gather a following. They're out there on the fringe, their moral compass is now far from their original starting point. From that point onward their moral compass starts to degrade until it completely disintegrates. The political figure they followed at this point has either excited the scene, lost power or lost an election. They are completely adrift and will go where their feelings lead them as opposed to rational thought. Worse yet a new political may go out that far and stir them up against non-existent "threats"

Also this whole immigration thing is just stupid. I get asked by Chinese folks often why do the American left want uncontrolled immigration? Why do they so many Mexicans can be there illegally? I refer them to the EU model and then they ask but look what's happening there? They can't fathom that a country wouldn't want to control who comes and goes, and basically they are right although their reasoning is usually racial but sometimes it is more nuanced (crime).

Illegal immigration is just that - people coming in illegally. It doesn't care about color. Separating families who are illegally immigrating is definitely not good but this is completely feigned uproar leading to midterms because they know Russiagate isn't working nor will it.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic
I deal with people on a very personal and emotional level. The first thing I "have" to do the moment I meet a patient, is to throw out any preconceived thoughts, especially if I have heard or seen anything that may involve the case. The second thing I do is to believe anything and everything the patient tells me. Issues, reports, and evidence, may prove that what the person has reported was not the truth, but that is not part of my job.

I have found that the more emotional or traumatized a person has become, the more irrational they may seem. I also have learned you can't stop that train by putting another train on the track, the only thing that will do is create a train wreck.

In a heightened emotional state, the only truth and the only security a person can see, is the truth they have decided to hold onto, they feel safe and are feverishly on guard in an attempt to hold on to their safety line. Their world, their truth, their beliefs, become their shields, and there is little chance you are going to get them to budge from their position as long as they continue to feel threatened.

TPTB know this well. They know just how to manipulate the masses to successfully fulfill their agenda.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Catch and release, is unethical, it is an incentive to come here, and it IS OPEN BORDERS, all you in favor of it are in favor of open borders, and against the will and well being of the american people

Well, more accurately the will and the well being of the anglo population that supports Trump.

But the thing that pisses me off is that under both parties, the US has had open borders from Reagans amnesty forward. Whats so different now?? Other than altogether closing the borders, theres no stopping the flood. Its happened, its happening and its going to happen.

Chill and take some Spanish classes.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

And all that being said, theres no way to stop the illega immigration. Theres no popular nor political will to do that. Trump is playing to his base, stupidly, because he cant stem the flow, he might slow it down for a bit, but thats all he'll do. In the mean time he's galvanized his resistance on the left. He just doesnt get optics or politics. He should have stuck with improving the economy.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join