It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh you guys are gonna have a field day. Cohen was wiretapped!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Meniscus
Its only speculation about why Cohen was raided or his phones tapped and emails read by the fbi. The media first said it must be the Stormi Daniels payment. Even if it broke campaign fiance laws it would be a misdemeanor they don't raid offices and get wire taps for that. They just subpoena the applicable documents.

The other speculation is that Cohen has ties to some business man in Ukraine. And something shady was going on there. Even if Cohen has broken the law himself it shouldn't negate attorney client privilege for any of his clients. Just the fact Mueller refered it to the Southern District means it has nothing to do with Mueller's probe. Lends credence to the possibility they may have violated attorney client privilege of Cohens clients.

I personally believe the fbi has in the past knowingly used unverified documents to start surveillance. I think the bar is pretty low at Fbi.

I guess trump should have picked better leadership in the doj and fbi. Or have his supporters found a way to blame that on someone else too?

so your argument is because trump chose poorly (something I have criticized him for) he deserves to be taken down in a corrupt manner?

Sure that makes sense!

There is no proof of a corrupt manor. You can't cry fowl everytime something you disagree with happens.

You have no proof there is anything corrupt about the investigation. It's rampant speculation there are no crimes.

Also a lack of understanding how these investigations go. From white water, iran contra, scooter libby, Watergate they all went on for a long time.

If the laws were not fixed and reigned in blame your representatives.

Those are the people at fault. For voting this stuff into existence.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Has it been mentioned yet that apparently the wiretap recorded a call between Trump and Cohen telling Cohen to burn everything, which is why the FBI raided Cohen's office when they did?

Is it a crime to burn evidence?

I mean I thought that was ok.

Didnt hillarys team destroy a bunch of subpoenaed evidence?

The fbi was cool with that, right? I mean they didnt then wiretap hillarys people who destroyed this evidence.

I wonder what made them change their minds in this situation?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Perhaps, but this is about Trump. It sounds like you're saying because Hillary got away with something you think was similar that its wrong to come down on Trump for it.

No I am saying if trump did something he should be held accountable.

But I also am saying I would like an intel agency that wasnt incredibly biased.

Why is the idea of trumps lawyer possibly getting rid of evidnece enough to raid his office, when hillarys team literally destroying subpeonaed evidence was deemed totally ok?

I know some people just want to see trump go down, ok fine.

But aret you in the least bit concerned at the bias of the intel community?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Has it been mentioned yet that apparently the wiretap recorded a call between Trump and Cohen telling Cohen to burn everything, which is why the FBI raided Cohen's office when they did?

Would you be so kind as to source this as this is the first I have seen of this.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I had not heard that specific claim, though I have heard that one of the reasons Trump and Cohen are concerned about attorney-client privilege is because Trump may have been caught-up in the surveillance asking Cohen to do something potentially illegal.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The fbi was cool with that, right? I mean they didnt then wiretap hillarys people who destroyed this evidence.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Perhaps, but this is about Trump. It sounds like you're saying because Hillary got away with something you think was similar that its wrong to come down on Trump for it.

Why is the idea of trumps lawyer possibly getting rid of evidnece enough to raid his office, when hillarys team literally destroying subpeonaed evidence was deemed totally ok?

Are you concerned the president attacks the Intel community and justice department?

The thousands of people defending the country from attacks, in court, prosecuting criminals?

That's a real good idea.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
News is saying the wire tap was weeks before the raid.

Thanks
I fully hope the authorities have their ducks in a row as all hell will break loose if they did not.....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I could see Mueller getting a warrant to Surveil Cohen under the guise of the Russian collusion probe then finding evidence of other crimes and reffering it to the Southern district of New York. Im curious to see what the fbi used to get surveillance on a personal lawyer to the President. I guess we will see.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You can prove it huh? I guess if it happened that IG will have found it out. The FBI has already said the warrant on Carter Page was legally obtained so I'm hoping that you guys got more than that clown in the silly that to be your standard bearer because that one is going nowhere.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Meniscus

I mean they questioned Fedor emelianco this past week before his fight. Somehow he is connected to Cohen.

The dude had 16 cell phones. That's slightly shady in optics at minimum.
edit on 3-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the post Silly

This is going to be very interesting as the case unfolds

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How did Nixon ever go down for taping conversations? He should have weponized the intelligence community against his opponents and Democrats would have been completely fine with it...right?

link   

originally posted by: luthier

Are you concerned the president attacks the Intel community and justice department?

The thousands of people defending the country from attacks, in court, prosecuting criminals?

That's a real good idea.

No I am not conrcened about that.

At all.

I am conecrned that the intel community is acting biased, as we have seen over and over.

I am conercened that McCabe hads a criminal refferal.

But I guess we should just shut up about that, right?

I mean, by even charging McCaeb we are hurting the country, right?

What a joke!

link   

This is what the dems want right?

Yep they do, and after a decade of snipping about the Patriot Act.

Team Trump has no right to privacy.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: imthegoat

You don't know when Mueller referred it. I think your making an assumption that it was just before the raid but I don't recall seeing anything saying when Mueller handed this over.
NY DID initiate both the wire tap and the search warrant.

Mueller referred the raid to the local district office because he was afraid to get fired. With all hogwash talk spouted by Pelosi and other Democrats that he was about to get fired, Mueller, and Rosenstein decided that was the best option to not give a stronger reason to fire Mueller. He did nothing but save his own ass. He could have easily pulled it off by saying Cohen was in his jurisdiction for the Russian collusion investigation.

Who says the Cohen raid has anything to do with Trump anyway? If it was, Mueller would have been director in that raid because it would fall under his investigation guidelines. How many high profile lawyers don't have something to hide? Doesn't mean that their clients are in on their scamming and scheming.

link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

“Us lawyers have talked about it, we don’t believe it’s true,” Giuliani told The Daily Beast. “We think it’s going to turn out to be untrue because it would be totally illegal. You can’t wiretap a lawyer, you certainly can’t wiretap his client who’s not involved in the investigation. No one has suggested that Trump was involved in that investigation. So they’re going to wiretap the lawyer, his client, and his client the president of the United States? I don’t think so, not if they want to stay out of jail. Disclosing a wiretap is a federal felony. I never took ‘em home when I was a U.S. attorney.”

Interesting Quote from everybodys favorite mayor.
I have never heard that you can't wiretap a lawyer.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Perhaps, though I have colleges who worked in the defense (FBI, Pentagon, etc) industry and for the most part they intimated that the majority of them were Conservative leaning, so I don't think its impropriety from a ideological bent, but rather perhaps out of an extreme dislike of a person who denigrates what they do.

I think rather what you're seeing here is if (and its speculative) Hillary did something similar, she wasn't stupid enough to walk right into a trap that may have been left for her like Trump has.

In a way the dichotomy between the two scenarios underscores just how much more awful Trump is at potential malfeasance (among many other things).

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No his criminal Russian mob lawyer lol. The wire tap wasn't on trump simmer down.

link   

Well since you can't keep logic strait let me help you.

Prosecuting people with facts in court is not the same as tweeting unsubstantiated claims and slander over people who literally defend the US in court everyday.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

This is what the dems want right?

Yep they do, and after a decade of snipping about the Patriot Act.

Team Trump has no right to privacy.

Exactly. Poor babies. They can get spied on like the rest of us.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

YAll tried to impeach Nixon for this snip.

So I wonder why it's so GD acceptable today.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join