It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello all,

Finally got to sleep in, felt good..

So as you know I have been busy with the garden, I had a minor setback that turned into a real pain in the ass..

We live on the side of a mountain, and up the hill on my friends property he has a babbling brook that he allowed us to build a little mini damn of sorts in..

We dug a pit and built it up then ran a pipe into the base of it, that connects to an open box with a screen for silt on top..

So .. this year when I hiked up to check the water flow, the silt had completely filled in our pit, around and up over our silt screen box...

So that had to be dug out, carefully.. And it being literally on the side of a hill it was dangerous and exhausting..

After two days I got that dug out and had the water running down the pipe we laid to the garden... about 300 yards (3 football fields long). But it wasn't coming out at the bottom.

So I hiked back up and found one of the t joints busted out.. So got that sorted..
And got t the water running with good pressure..

Then I felt comfortable planting and transplanting in earnest . So the past few days have been doing that as well as hunching over seed trays starting more..

The only thing I do not grow from seed I start are the cherry tomatoes , it's not worth it with our short season.

On a side note I am going to take a trip down to new Hampshire to visit my best friend for memorial day weekend.

A buddy of his from work races cars at the local track in Claremont and he invited us to go watch him on the Saturday . I'm looking forward to that A lot.

I don't often go out and do things like that so I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Layna bear has been living like a queen after a long winter locked up, she is having a ball running a bout chasing birds and playing outside All day while I toil..lol.

My pops has been busy as well he's been sanding and staining pine for the ceiling in the den. And Ma Dukes has been doing the mowing..which is a job in itself..she mows a bit over 2 acres..

And that's about it..

There's my update as promised.

I haven't been able to watch general hospital in like 2 weeks so I'm gonna log off and try to catch up a bit with today's episode.

I'll be back around supper time

/hugstoall-bigandsmall-shortandtall-hairyorbald-heedthecall-passtheball-notgreedy-orneedy-hugsgivenfreely!!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

My apologies if I took it as a dig ... perhaps I am too sensitive.

Apology accepted.

As far as Sheddites pushing their “ beliefs “ on others, it happens all the time.. in some form of post or other. I hardly think you can honestly single me out for expressing my beliefs, as many others do. Even those who profess to have no religion ,worship “ light beings” , which in itself is a form of religion. If I spouted off about the “ force within you” in this thread it would not be an issue. But because I speak of my beliefs outside of what the norm is in here, I seem to get attacked ? Let’s face it... it is hypocrisy.
I

I don't agree with that point Sheye.
I haven't seen anyone else "pushing their own beliefs" on anyone else in here - it's one of the things that I love about the place.
I have no organised/recognised religion and I've never worshiped any "light beings"?? or any specific deity at all.
On that topic, the general term "light being" could equally be applied to ANY divine spirit/god/angel/consciousness etc of ANY religion/denomination and doesn't IMHO exclude any.
The "force within you" is such a general term that I can't see it being a problem either, it could mean many things to many people. e.g. Life force, courage, spirit, star wars, faith, determination, fortitude etc and once again doesn't exclude or deride anyone or any faith, does it?

No one, as far as I can see, "attacked" you! Jings, I welcomed you with a hello and was accused of having a dig and being rude & condescending to you!! That looks more like you attacked me from my perspective!

You were the one who actually brought up religion this time, talking about God/Jesus and stating it as if it was a fact.
Specific points like that have little or no room for interpretation. You were telling me straight that God walked among us in the form of Jesus Christ. Full Stop. That specific belief does definitely exclude any other interpretation. You are telling me (us) that God walked among us in the form of Jesus Christ. But stating that like a fact is extremely insensitive to everyone of a different belief system. It implies that other peoples beliefs are wrong and unworthy and THAT is the big difference between the way I see others posting and the way I now see you posting.

I haven't seen anyone else in the shed posting very specific religious views and presenting them as fact.
I've seen quite a few "sending prayers" and "thoughts are with you" and even "healing thoughts" etc but they are just general (and inoffensive) sentiments made in the spirit of love, harmony and caring, and they do not exclude any other belief or deride/belittle them in the way that making a very specific religious viewpoint post does.

I've also seen the very occasional post where a personal belief is aired, but is always qualified with "I've always believed..." or "IMHO" etc
I can't remember ever seeing anyone else post their very specific religious beliefs as if they were absolute facts in the shed before. Ever.
General, non-specific, well-meaning, inclusive thoughts and wishes are wonderful and to be encouraged, but I think that very specific, exclusive beliefs presented as if they were factual (from ANY religious viewpoint) is insensitive, divisive and yes, condescending to those of other faiths.

The "norm" in here is anything and everything (within the T&C's) goes.
There are a wide range of beliefs/faiths/opinions/religions all represented here around a core of understanding, sensitivity, compassion and love.
Everyone is welcomed. No one excluded.

So, no I don't see any form of hypocrisy at all.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

The friend that I go out with every Friday goes to races all over the place. Pretty sure New Hampshire is one of those places. Her Husband helps work on the cars.

Looks like you have been quite busy and working very hard. Great to see you Hun! See you this evening.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Well said Gordi! I was only on my first cup of coffee and couldn't be so eloquent and gracious I guess. You always did have a way with words.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sheye

Yes, I said it was 'my' belief. I don't get any opposition, at least in here because I respect that we all have different paths in life and that's ok if it all leads to goodness and light. And I don't push my beliefs, I state them when there is a discussion such as this. Evereyone states what they believe or don't believe so I add my two cents for whatever they are worth.

I respect that others have their own opinions and beliefs and even acknowledge that we ALL need that free will to make our spiritual choices.

That being said, I don’t appreciate being shut down , told by a member they will do everything to destroy my belief. ( sorry Light, but you did say it )... all I ask is for the freedom to show what brings me peace and comfort in this chaotic world ,once in awhile on these forums... especially the shed , which leans towards spiritual comfort and healing.

I’m sure you don’t feel like you have to stifle your spirituality on this thread, Night... even in the inspirational quotes you post. There lies the difference.

I didn't shut you down and please don't misquote me. I said, if you start a religious thread in the appropriate forum I would do my best to destroy your belief/argument. Then I rethought my statement and removed it. Your religion (or any other religion for that matter) interests me as little as me taking part in a discussion. It's a personal thing. Again, to each their own. Believe what you will, as do I.
Spirituality is far removed from religion, imho.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

...That being said, I don’t appreciate being shut down , told by a member they will do everything to destroy my belief. ( sorry Light, but you did say it )...

Now hold on right there Sheye.
What he said was that IF YOU STARTED A RELIGIOUS THREAD... IN THE CORRECT FORUM...

And I Quote:

If you want, start a religious thread based on Christianity in the correct forum and I will be more than happy to discuss it there. I can tell you 2 things in advance. You will not like my opinions and I will do my utmost best to destroy yours.

He did NOT threaten to shut you down in the shed and he did NOT threaten to destroy your belief - he was talking about your OPINION, about debating and winning the argument with you IF you decided to start a religious thread and he took part.

Talk about taking words out of context! No more personal attacks please!

Sheye, can I ask one question please?
What is your own interpretation of "Christian Values"?
(What would you list as the most important 5 or 6 Christian Values?)
I'm genuinely interested to know.

G

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Sorry Light - I see that you picked up on that too whilst I was composing my post.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
God I wish I had some MM right now...
Soooon....

I'll be in the 3 sisters cave if anyone needs me.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

...... but not as amazing as what happens during mass . The consecration is truly the miracle of the church..

From one devotee to another, I agree, but...

.... these light shows are just that.. light shows... and light doesn’t get you into heaven .. Jesus does.

Just my honest two cents .
“And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.”

Enough
On judgement.
John 7:24
James 4:12
We are not to assign judgement upon a single entity, it is not our place although we have claimed that privilege for our own gain.
Salvation.
Matthew 7:21
Read this verse, it has infinite value.
This discussion does not belong in The Shed but in a separate forum, but for the sake of my integrity and the benefit of us all, I prefer to make it public rather that use PM's.
We have people in here who are devoted to kindness, compassion and joy.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Soooon....

I'm in, but Only if I can sit next to the Blonde one!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi WIS!

How goes it in WISworld?
No one took me up on my offer of a wee Glen Moray last night!
(It was delicious btw!)

G

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is so wonderful.
We are having an actual debate in The Shed.

I will take my pop corn on the side line.
Hugs to one and all.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Double post but I will respond to His Highness.
WISworld is whimsically out of whack.
I did enjoy your wee dram and all the laughs.
Carry on Sir.
edit on 15-5-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Soooon....

I'll be in the garden collecting my thoughts and hanging out with the faeries.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

When WIS's World is Out Of Whack
It bodes not well for our wee shack,
For WIS's Wisdom and Wonderful Wit
keep us charmed right where we sit.

Like Wonky Weather in Windy Wales
or warm flat beer and bitter ales,
we need to give ourselves a shake
and maybe a dram or two, partake?

We'll watch the wild winds recede
as we drink, telling tales of wondrous deeds,
And at the end I'll say just this...
My glass I will drain to the name of our WIS.

Cheers!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
No more personal attacks please!
G

Thank you.
We have been suspended before due to the above and it is very stressful for us who appreciate this safe haven.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hugs you old cummugin. You made me cry happy tears of gratitude towards time spent and words spun into a lovely weave.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I will hang out with you.
This one found a robins nest.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

On judgement. John 7:24 James 4:12 We are not to assign judgement upon a single entity, it is not our place although we have claimed that privilege for our own gain.

I agree.. so why do I feel so judged for talking about the man god, Jesus ? If those words are through His teachings, should not that grace of non judgment extend to me as well ?

I will be taking a long break from the Shed, which I know won’t upset many of you.😆. I will always hold you up in my prayers to Jesus, hopefully that doesn’t upset you, as it is intended in benevolent ways only.

edit on 15-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Half the people in the world think that the metaphors of their religious traditions, for example, are facts. And the other half contends that they are not facts at all. As a result we have people who consider themselves believers because they accept metaphors as facts, and we have others who classify themselves as atheists because they think religious metaphors are lies

- Joseph Campbell, Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor

Not a single one of us can actually prove to another that what we believe as fact is just that, a fact, the real thing, the answer to life - the universe - and everything else. My "facts" are different from yours as they are my beliefs in what goes on in the spiritual world.

I'm not here in the Shed to force my beliefs down anyone's throat as much as I would appreciate everyone else doing the same.

Blue is now quietly climbing out of the barrel of cats fighting over this topic.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join