It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Loved the beautiful pics and great music in here today!
Trying to wake up as I have to get dressed and will be going out with my Sister later.

Love to you all and hugs!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
God bless you.

Yeah! I think he/she/it has truly blessed me. I am dumb and reckless and irresponsible, but somehow, still alive

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Soon dear Night will be sitting on her new porch,
She won't need a light and she won't need a torch,
The birds and the bees will all fly by,
And she can stare all day at the beautiful sky.

When night falls the stars will come out,
Shining their beauty on the land, without a doubt,
The moon will glow, the stars will not fall,
The majesty of their glory visible to all.

When that time finally comes Night will be happy,
No thanks to pixie dust or other such folly,
But now Mark and his brother (?) are toiling away,
Hammering nails in wood in the light of the day.

Night doesn't wake early, that much we all know,
But to awaken to hammering to her must be a blow,
Soon it will be over, she will again find peace,
And be able to sit in natures display with ease.

edit on 16/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Following on from a previous Story Post HERE on Page 29

Gordi and Pudge Puddock are searching for the missing Pixie, "Mixie"...

"What is... No! It can't be... is it? Why GORDI!!! It's Mixie's little bag of tricks!! Her teeny red velvet pixie-dust pouch, and look... there's a trail of that glittering dust leading off down the cart-track!"

"Ah'll wager the wee lass has seen yon beasts approach, and has "disappeared" hersel' in a cloud of yon dust before the attack started! She's headed off down that track for some reason? Now, let's go see if we can find her, there's no a moment tae lose!"

Gordi and Pudge the Dwarf continued following the old cart trail deep into the forest. There was no sign of little Mixie, the trail of glittering pixie dust had long since faded and they were starting to get increasingly worried...
Rounding a bend in the path, they came across a nice secluded glade with a couple of tree stumps ideal for sitting on and decided to stop for a quick bite to eat.

"If Mixie was just coming in here to hide from those Armagor things... Why would she come this far? She's so small... she could just have ducked down behind the first bush or rock and no one would have been any the wiser." mused Pudge.

"Ah don't know lad, ah didnae want tae say, for fear of worryin' ye like, but since we entered these woods... ah've had a bad feelin' for yer wee pal. Huv ye noticed the tracks? Look doon there..." Gordi motioned back towards the trail; "That's michty big fitprints fur a wee Pixie tae be makin' "

Pudge stepped over towards the trail again and peered down at the tracks. He couldn't believe that he'd missed them earlier... a set of cart wheel tracks, fresh in the dirt accompanied by several big, deep and wide rows of almost circular pawprints. His mouth fell open and his lip quivered slightly as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Do these belong to the Armagor things Gordi? Do you think they've taken Mixie??? Why would they take the poor little thing? Where are they taking her? what'll happen to her... can't we... we must do.. I..." his voice trailed off into a whispered sigh.

"Ah made ye a promise Laddie, an ah intend tae see that promise oot! We'll find the wee lass, mark ma wurds!! An there'll be some reckonin' tae be dealt oot tae thone Armagor beasties if she's come tae any herm!"

Pudge glanced back at the big Scotsman and couldn't help but crack a slight smile as he saw him puff out his chest (trying to look butch!) and he just gave a single knowing nod in acknowledgement, though his heart was heavy with fear and worry for his friend Mixie.

They finished their food quickly and as they packed up and headed off down the trail once more, Gordi asked about the Magesphere again... He remembered that NightStar had mentioned that it could foretell important events from the future and even see things from the past, and he was wondering if Pudge could remember anything that he had seen in the swirling images that might give them a clue?

Pudge thought for a moment, then shook his head and said:
"I told you already... All I remember was seeing NightStar talking to that big handsome stranger, a swirling mist, the numbers 53 and 17, those big black beasts and a dark landscape - a hill actually, very dark... almost black with brief flashes of tall wispy pale-coloured trees like Ash or Aspen maybe?

"Ash? an' a Dark Hillside???
Pudge, do ye know whaur this trail leads tae??
It turns Northwards an' it runs oot - richt past The Ash Mountain!!
Yon Magesphere works, it foretells events ye huvnae seen!!
It even tried tae warn ye aboot these Armagor beasties an' whaur they wur headed!

We're oan the Richt Track!
We're goin tae ASH MOUNTAIN!! C'MON!!!"

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Awwwww, so sweet of you to write a wonderful poem for me! Loved the vid too! Hugs!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yay! Good job Gordi! I was wondering when someone would add to the story.

I was supposed to get dressed a while ago, but had to pick out wallpaper online.

K, gotta get dressed and put my face on. Might help if I combed my hair too.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I was supposed to get dressed a while ago, but had to pick out wallpaper online.
K, gotta get dressed and put my face on. Might help if I combed my hair too.

Yeah, I was just about to pm you... that's not a good look... and you might want to cover your webcam too. (Just sayin!)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Bahahaha! How about now?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Better.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I see there is some nasty storms in your part of the world.
Hope you and anyone else on the East coast is safe and dry !

😬

@Gordi. Loved ypur sunset pics mate !
edit on 16-5-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Nice photos! Sunrise and Sunset are my favourite times of the day. It's the part of the day between those two times I don't like so much. I would have made a great vampire.

How's it going with renting your flat? Asking for a friend, he's very clean and has absolutely no long hair. He's a keen photographer too and has his own camera.

ETA A tripod too!
edit on 16/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Nice photos! Sunrise and Sunset are my favourite times of the day. It's the part of the day between those two times I don't like so much. I would have made a great vampire.

How's it going with renting your flat? Asking for a friend, he's very clean and has absolutely no long hair. He's a keen photographer too and has his own camera.

ETA A tripod too!

Thanks Light!
Good News - We have found a suitable New Tenant and signed the lease!
And the very next day I managed to sell the Mazda Bongo car I had been trying to sell for weeks before! (I think that's why I was "buzzing" at the weekend after many weeks of delays, stress and money pressures...)
All Good.

@Timely,
Cheers D, I've got loads of photos... I'm sure I have many better sunset ones somewhere but haven't managed to lay my hands on them yet!

G

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I have been doing odd jobs around the house.
Yada Yada Yada Yada Yada.

Just for you Gordi.

Seriously. You should consider cloning. You could become very rich and famous, did I say rich?
Or is this unbearably delectable proclivity of yours a Scottish trait?
Do we need to force breed Highlanders?
I can see the commercial. "Ladies, have your very own Scotty, they come in various versions to suite your delight. But be sure they will always keep you satisfied"
"Shop for your own Scotty today and start your journey towards eternal bliss"

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Haha i love playing with words.

Oh good, to me it is a game, I love when people catch me in a glitch. I like laughing at my self, being the clown.

We must take plenty of water with us too, otherwise it will end up nasty.

Speaking of. So you need the water for washing after sitting in the grass, or to water the grass or...?

That looks like a very pleasant place to spend your time. Why is the cross there?

Would you happen to have any chance to get some kind of a summer vacation? Even a short one? I don't want to see you burn out!

No, No and thank you. I asked for one two months ago and got a mumbled reply.
I just wanted a self paid week before the busy season. Hogwash.
Now "WE" are down to "ME" because my other co-worker quit today because of the insane work load put on us.
It is my day off, so when The She Devil called and asked if I could come in I said NO.
She never thanks any one, she never shows appreciation for an extra effort. So I am done putting in personal time and covering for people who never show up.
I have done it for two years now. On average I put ten to fifteen hours of personal time in a week. The least she could do was say Thank You.

It sucks though because it is conveniently close I can walk to work in any type of weather.
Hugs Sir Fin

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Things got too heated yesterday and it was mainly my fault. It won't happen again.

Yes there was some disturbance, but I strongly disagree that it was "mainly" your fault.
There was a statement that I would have normally reported that deserved the reaction it recieved.
We must not blindfold ourselves to achieve the prized appearance of kindness for the sake of unity.
That has very serious implications.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

beautiful day on the bay in SF

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Alright then...

Not even 8AM and already 18c outside. So i just had to come here to complain and whine a bit!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

A spicier diet might help. I think I read it somewhere...? People in warm countries seem to eat it a lot anyway. Specifically, chilli pepper. Chilli Con Carne is really easy to make too, great comfort food. If you sweat slightly while eating it, you have just enough chilli in it. It's very good for you too. Should you overdo the chilli, the ambient temperature will be the least of your worries. It's a win/win situation.

Failing that, 4 showers again I guess plus a wet towel.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You made me think of this. I feel for you.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Just for you Gordi.

Seriously. You should consider cloning. You could become very rich and famous, did I say rich?
Or is this unbearably delectable proclivity of yours a Scottish trait?
Do we need to force breed Highlanders?
I can see the commercial. "Ladies, have your very own Scotty, they come in various versions to suite your delight. But be sure they will always keep you satisfied"
"Shop for your own Scotty today and start your journey towards eternal bliss"

uhmm whaat?
You've been drinking again haven't you WIS? LOL

Ha, The truth is I had a slack day with no "proper" work to do and was just trying hard to be of some sort of use to someone!!

In the afternoon, I made the big slab of Red Velvet Cake then went out to the woods to help Chrissie clear up after her Forest School group had finished.
Then home in time for the wee fella coming in from School... just in time for Chrissie taking him to a juniors Tennis event while I made some home-made Pizzas and Lasagne for everyone's dinner. (Yum!)

The dinners had to be staggered-out a bit because my eldest had to leave for Rugby training before Chrissie and the wee man were back from Tennis! ughh!!! (It used to be so simple when I was young.)

Anyway, I sorted out my own and my eldest's dinners (we had some red velvet cake with custard for dessert/pudding and OMG it was VERY good!!)
Then I'd to take him and his pal off to rugby training while Chrissie and Dougie were heading home... BUT, just as we were leaving... his training session got cancelled as the coach was unwell!

So, I finally got to sit on my big erchie, watching the evening sun for 20mins!! LOL

I then made Dougie's dinner while Chrissie came in and went straight back out again to a School Parent Council Meeting!!!!!
After that, the boys went out to practice their rugby moves while I was tidying up after 3 of our 4 dinners!! (It's OK... we have a dishwasher!! LOL)
Then, finally after 9.15pm Chrissie got home and I reheated my homemade Lasagne for her supper and sorted out the boys ready for bed while she ate...
I have to say - it sounds really busy (and it was) but the boys are great and just "get on with it" which makes things really easy and my first (and current) wife never seems to complain or ever run out of energy!!

I'm knackered just thinking about it.
We did have an early night to be fair and I even got a cup of tea in bed this morning, so I guess I must be doing something right? ROFL

THANK YOU for your lovely, funny comments earlier.
I can assure you that they are VERY much appreciated right now, but cloning???? naaah, can you imagine putting up with multiple me's???? The HORROR!!!

Gx

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join