It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I LOVE that pic Wister! Thank you! Loved Gordi's poem for you too!

I felt I had to put my foot down earlier because YES we have almost been shut down more than once over drama and I will not allow it to happen again if I can help it. For years this place has been a sanctuary of sorts for many people. That and...I only had one cup of coffee at the time, so I might have sounded harsh.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Prayers have never upset me, I have asked for them more than once.

Positive or healing vibes or whatever that is said in love and compassion is fine with me.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Be back later. I went to bed waaaaaay too late last night and got woken up waay too early. Movie and a nap for this little Elf.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

...I agree.. so why do I feel so judged for talking about the man god, Jesus ? If those words are through His teachings, should not that grace of non judgment extend to me as well ?...

And yet you had no problem judging me as "having a dig" being "rude" & "condescending" without providing a single shred of evidence?
....and you judged Light as guilty of attempting to "shut you down" in the shed as well as "threatening to destroy your beliefs" incorrectly and with false testimony to boot.
...and you judged those " who profess to have no religion" and implied that they all worship "Light Beings"??

...and then attempt to play the "poor victim" card because you feel "judged"? Really??
pffft.

This will be my last post on this topic here.
I'm happy to continue on the religious thread of your choice.

G

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: Sheye

...I agree.. so why do I feel so judged for talking about the man god, Jesus ? If those words are through His teachings, should not that grace of non judgment extend to me as well ?...

And yet you had no problem judging me as "having a dig" being "rude" & "condescending" without providing a single shred of evidence?
....and you judged Light as guilty of attempting to "shut you down" in the shed as well as "threatening to destroy your beliefs" incorrectly and with false testimony to boot.
...and you judged those " who profess to have no religion" and implied that they all worship "Light Beings"??

...and then attempt to play the "poor victim" card because you feel "judged"? Really??
pffft.

This will be my last post on this topic here.
I'm happy to continue on the religious thread of your choice.

G

I feel I need to address this one last post before I take leave of the Shed.

Gordi, you did disrespect me by telling me to chill for mentioning Jesus , in my response to your song post. I think if a non bias person were to read through the last pages, they would see that I didn’t make up false accusations, but it is you twisting my words around. Light deleted a majority of his posts or parts of them.

But I’m not here to argue semantics, and I’m certainly not playing the victim 🙄. I am genuinely curious as to how a thread that accepts ALL spiritual beliefs is so quick to step on my toes at the mention of Jesus.

You can talk about your nature walks to combat feeling down Gordi, but how would it go over in here if I suggested that people try opening their hearts and minds to Christ to ward off depression ?

I’m not asking for special permission to talk about my spirituality, but fair is fair in the land where all spiritual beliefs are accepted.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In other news, BigG is still here but sticking by his earlier promise.

Take this to another thread please.

Invite me!

G

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I feel I need to address this one last post before I take leave of the Shed.

Bye bye if you choose to leave. Your choice.

I wonder what happened to 'turn the other cheek.'

Religion is and always has been the most divisive topic available.

As you seek ... so shall ye find.

P

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think we should call a religious truce.We should vote on whether to allow religious discussion in the shed ... or call it "off topic" and leave it to religious threads.

I vote 2.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am not a mod and can't tell anyone what to do or say. I do have the right to ask that we all try to move beyond drama and risking the demise of the Shed. We have been under review in the past and we all freaked out when temporarily shut down. Members, myself included have been going back and forth with this whole religeous debate and it isn't working out. We must agree to disagree. Yeah?

There are threads on religion or threads people can start to discuss their thoughts and beliefs. In here it just isn't working.

I now return you to the place of enchantment you all knew and loved. Thank you! __Elven Council Of The Ancients.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Lets have a drink shall we? We'll listen to the waves crashing down upon the shore, feel the gentle breeze through our hair and watch as the sun sets.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Stormy weather in the Shedlands today. Crawls out from under my rock. Shakes off leaves and branches stuck in my hair.
This guy was pretty smart.

I think prohibiting specific debates would lead to the forced exlusion of any reference to personal preference.
There is a balance that can be found in fostering mutual respect, a unique quality I find ever present in the spirit of The Shed.

edit on 15-5-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Great idea Elf Queen.
Here is my shore side venue, we can just teleport between civilized and basic.

I have a stew brewing, a nice smooth whiskey and a few bottles of lovely wine.
We could sing a song or tell a tale.
Being tired though, I will just cuddle up and listen.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Religion is and always has been the most divisive topic available.

Alongside with politics? Or then politics is a "good" second.

Having my morning coffee. Tried a new brand. This is made from 100% arabica beans. Really good and refreshing. Yesterday it was 28 celsius or 82,4 fahrenheit and it was a bit difficult to handle. I know we have an Australian member here and this might seem like nothing from his viewpoint but for me, melting point was close. I was overheated in the evening and could not sleep, so i had to soak a towel in cold water and use it as a blanket, then it was fine.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hey Blue, todays topic aside, I finally figured out who your work reminds me of. Odilon Redon.
Not that I want to make a comparison, you are unique, but his work is colorful and fantastic like yours.

Hugs, Give that Jacygirl a big one too.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Great idea Elf Queen.
Here is my shore side venue, we can just teleport between civilized and basic.

I have a stew brewing, a nice smooth whiskey and a few bottles of lovely wine.
We could sing a song or tell a tale.
Being tired though, I will just cuddle up and listen.

Beautiful! You rest and I shall tell a story in between sipping wine of course. Love the pic!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Getting warm around here too Fin. How are you?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

.... so i had to soak a towel in cold water and use it as a blanket, then it was fine.

So the blanket was fine, but you were still too hot?

Sorry I couldn't help myself. Pardon my silly word mincing.
Ah, coffee. An Aribica is my prefered type, being fairly cheap and accessible. Columbian is horrid. I am so picky with coffee that I haven't had any for more than two weeks because I can't afford a proper blend at the moment.
I will gag at the mere odor of poor coffee, not to speak of tasting it.

We get those terrible temps where I am too. Having lived in the northern hemisphere of Europe for so long it is hard for me to adapt to any thing above 25c.
And people here are such prudes. If I wear scanty clothes in my own yard they stare. "Look the other way you invasive moron"
Americans have an obsession with "No Trespassing", signs, I am convinced they think it is decorative, in very poor taste obviously. But they have no inhibition with visual intrusion.
Very odd to me.
How are you sweet pea?
edit on 15-5-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I am still awake with one eye open, which is so unlike me.

My days are too stressful, I really need to find something else to do.
I went in today, off the clock to help out, didn't get a thank you and was barked at because I declined filling in for a sick co-worker.
I need my time off. Period.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Yes you need time off. You've been working like crazy for some time now. Slow down and smell the coffee, the good kind. lol

I will be away Friday the 25th for an overnight stay at one of my best friend's place. Hopefully I will see my beloved ocean.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
So the blanket was fine, but you were still too hot?

Sorry I couldn't help myself. Pardon my silly word mincing.

Haha i love playing with words. This was not even nearly the worst case that has happened to me while on ATS, a bad goof was in another topic.

I feel good
maybe today me and my friend will go sit next to this huge cross nearby, and have some booze. We must take plenty of water with us too, otherwise it will end up nasty.

Would you happen to have any chance to get some kind of a summer vacation? Even a short one? I don't want to see you burn out!

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join