It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
This is so magical!!!!!! Reminds me of my Elven homeland.

Breath taking!!!!

Reminds me of where angels live 😆

And yes... I am chill 😏

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

LOL! Yes Angels. I wasn't going to tell you to chill. The architectural design and lights made me think of some Elven Kingdom.

Going to make ciggs and find a movie. I'll be checking in though.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

LOL! Yes Angels. I wasn't going to tell you to chill. The architectural design and lights made me think of some Elven Kingdom.

Going to make ciggs and find a movie. I'll be checking in though.

It is absolutely majestic looking , so I can understand how you ,especially ,would see it as an Elven kingdom.

😏I’m happy you didn’t expect me to chill ... lol... cause I’m as chill as I can be right now. That MM really is great for relaxing as well as lessoni g some of my back tension.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It helps me sleep at night but, only helps a bit with the pain and not all types of pain that I get. Glad it can bring you relief.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
As if my hubby's insistence of getting new clothes last week wasn't hint enough, my 10 year old had to congratulate my Old Navy purchase (which should be here Tuesday or Wednesday) by pointing out that "Hobo Chic and Dad sandals" isn't really a good look on anyone.

Thanks, kid. You've got a way of cutting straight to the issue, one could say you inherited your dad's lack of a filter & impulsive, but unintentional snark.

If I wasn't self conscious before, I damn sure am now, lol. Hobo Chic? And Dad sandals? I went ahead & ordered new sandals, I could use a second pair anyway that are able to pass as dressy casual once in a while. My current ones certainly can't do that.

Hobo Chic... < heavy sigh >

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Bahaha! That cracked me up!

I love to get new clothes! I'm a girly girl who loves dresses and jewelry.
Wear whatever you love and makes you feel comfortable. I love dresses...you just throw them on and go. So comfy!

ETA: Shall we nickname you Hobo? LOL

edit on 14-5-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Bahaha! That cracked me up!

I love to get new clothes! I'm a girly girl who loves dresses and jewelry.
Wear whatever you love and makes you feel comfortable. I love dresses...you just throw them on and go. So comfy!

ETA: Shall we nickname you Hobo? LOL

lol, I'm nowhere near a girly girl, though my 9 year old more than makes up for that. And then some, lol, that kid is the poster child for Laura Ashley dress ads. Or their dream customer, lmao.

I guess I'm best described as a tomboy, jean shorts & tank tops is about as stylish as I get. This clothes order was stepping outside of my comfort zone a little. I got tanks with prints, not just solid colors! I'm actually nervous about wearing them, it's so silly. It's the same tank top cut style I normally wear, just not the same ol solid colors. Common sense says it'll look fine, but tomboy me is still weirdly nervous.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Nothing to be nervous about. Wear what you like, put a smile on your face, go forth and shine.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I am chill ... what gives you the idea I am not ? 🤔 Was it mentioning Jesus as God who walked among us ? Does that make me an unreasonable person ?

I think that stating it as if it were a "fact" does, yes.
(Because stating your own beliefs as facts shows a lack of respect, belittles everyone else's beliefs and comes across as quite condescending IMHO)
If it is just a personal opinion, then no, but it might be useful if it was phrased in such a way that makes it clear to others that it's just a personal opinion, not a statement of fact.

My specific use of the word CHILL was because your comment was made in response to the sharing of a pop music video. If hearing the lyrics of a popular song (which just poses a simple philosophical question) makes you feel the need to state a personal religious belief as fact, then I believe that you maybe need to chill out on that particular topic a wee bit. I certainly didn't mean to cause any offense, and I apolgise if I did.

As I've mentioned before, religion is a tricky topic to discuss. I think that everyone just needs to show a little more acceptance that there are other beliefs out there that are equally as valid as our own, and to respect that.

G

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Oh! You people have written many pages since i was gone, that is great!

Too exhausted now to catch up, but maybe after food, coffee and shower i can do it. I woke up this morning from my friend's couch, with a mild hangover. His neighbour and our friend was moving to the other part of the city and i asked if they needed an extra dude to carry stuff. They did, and when it was done i had a couple of beers and some pizza as a reward.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

As I've mentioned before, religion is a tricky topic to discuss. I think that everyone just needs to show a little more acceptance that there are other beliefs out there that are equally as valid as our own, and to respect that.

I agree ... I think that works both ways !! Why post saying hello to me , then post a song in the same post ,which felt like a dig at my religion ? I consider that rude and condescending to my beliefs.

All I said was God is one of us in the form of Jesus as a human ( yes.. it is fact to me )..and you have a snit fit and tell me to chill. Why even post the song after addressing me ? Just to get under my skin ?
edit on 15-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'd love to see that even at 18 bucks a ticket but I'd drink a beer and do the other thing (outside?) before watching it. A truly eye-popping psychedelic display. Pink Floyd light shows were amazing back in the day. Thankfully the Ozric Tentacles are still going and excelled at light shows. Not to mention truly psychedelic music too.

But, I think Montreal is in Canada and that's a long way to go for a concert/light-show.

ETA MM. Right, let's call the other thing MM.
I shall henceforth call it MM.
edit on 15/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I'd love to see that even at 18 bucks a ticket but I'd drink a beer and do the other thing (outside?) before watching it. A truly eye-popping psychedelic display. Pink Floyd light shows were amazing back in the day. Thankfully the Ozric Tentacles are still going and excelled at light shows. Not to mention truly psychedelic music too.

But, I think Montreal is in Canada and that's a long way to go for a concert/light-show.

ETA MM. Right, let's call the other thing MM.
I shall henceforth call it MM.

It was probably amazing to see , but not as amazing as what happens during mass . The consecration is truly the miracle of the church... these light shows are just that.. light shows... and light doesn’t get you into heaven .. Jesus does.

Just my honest two cents .
“And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.”

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

ETA MM. Right, let's call the other thing MM. I shall henceforth call it MM.

It actually is MM for me .. I have a prescription and it is very low THC and high CBD. So I call it what it is.. MM 😏

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Religion, imo, is easy to discuss. But, qualifying that, the opinion of another is hard for some people (not singling you out here, just to be crystal clear!). This is why I avoid it.

I used to go to a Catholic church to accompany my long-passed mother when I was a young boy. The first thing you saw upon entering the church was a frightening life size statue of Jesus on the cross hanging from the ceiling. A truly awful sight, imo. Blood, crown of thorns, nails in hands and feet, the whole kaboodle. Scary, at best.

To each their own I say.

ETA Speaking of mother, I had a dream about her last night, it was beautiful and heart-meltingly good. She was alive in my dream. She's been dead for 30+ years. We went to a street that had a coffeeshop and she was running (almost, she had Muscular Dystrophy) around having a great time and I was smiling. Truly heart-warming. I woke up feeling happy. She did not partake, just to be clear.

edit on 15/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I used to go to a Catholic church to accompany my long-passed mother when I was a young boy. The first thing you saw upon entering the church was a frightening life size statue of Jesus on the cross hanging from the ceiling. A truly awful sight, imo. Blood, crown of thorns, nails in hands and feet, the whole kaboodle. Scary, at best.

It is an awful sight, but when you truly understand why it happened, it takes on a much more beautiful meaning.

But to each their own .. as you say.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'll be honest and say I prefer the Muslim approach to a house of worship. Any attempt at portraying god is considered blasphemous (if memory serves) and, for any mortal, an impossibility. So they do other things. The most beautiful mosque I have seen photos of is the "Blue Mosque" in Mazar-I-Sharif in Afghanistan. They don't need lasers and lights.
Great MM also came from Afghanistan before they started growing all those opium poppies.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

ETA Speaking of mother, I had a dream about her last night, it was beautiful and heart-meltingly good. She was alive in my dream. She's been dead for 30+ years. We went to a street that had a coffeeshop and she was running (almost, she had Muscular Dystrophy) around having a great time and I was smiling. Truly heart-warming. I woke up feeling happy. She did not partake, just to be clear.

I’m happy you had a joyful dream about your mother. 😊 We are all heading out to have supper at a restaurant for my mother’s 85th birthday today. I will miss her when she is gone, but will have solace that she will still indeed be praying for all of us in the afterlife.

I believe your mother still prays for you Light.. but of course I can’t prove it. Just a gut instinct.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I'll be honest and say I prefer the Muslim approach to a house of worship. Any attempt at portraying god is considered blasphemous (if memory serves) and, for any mortal, an impossibility. So they do other things. The most beautiful mosque I have seen photos of is the "Blue Mosque" in Mazar-I-Sharif in Afghanistan. They don't need lasers and lights.
Great MM also came from Afghanistan before they started growing all those opium poppies.

That’s because Muslims do not see Jesus as part of the Godhead ( Trinity ). Any religion that promotes Sharia type law is scary to me. True Muslims would think you evil for drinking beer ... you really want to honour that type of belief system ? Now that is some scary stuff .. never mind a statue of a crucified Jesus.

But yes... their mosques are beautiful just as many cathedrals are.
edit on 15-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join