It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Deleted pointless religious post.
Long live diversity!
edit on 15/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

ETA And a very happy birthday to your Mum! 85 is quite the milestone. May there be many more!
edit on 15/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Deleted pointless religious post.
Long live diversity!

Diversity will be the downfall of civilization... it is already rearing it’s ugly head to cause much division and strife.

I enjoy talking about religion, so no post concerning it is pointless in my opinion. And yes... there is proof that Jesus existed. The jews even have Him in their history , but not as Christianity views Him.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Thank you Light ... that was a heartwarming post !

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Let us not sully The Shed with religion or politics.

Now, go give your mother a kiss, and, if you want, give her one from me. Tell her it's some weirdo you met on the internet if you want. LOL

No one (in the normal course of things, but I accept not all of us share the same experience) on this planet loves you more than your mother.

Happy Birthday Sheye's Mum!

ETA Removed pointless religious stuff again. To each their own.

Music!

edit on 15/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 15/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Let us not sully The Shed with religion or politics. If you want, start a religious thread based on Christianity in the correct forum and I will be more than happy to discuss it there. I can tell you 2 things in advance. You will not like my opinions and I will do my utmost best to destroy yours.

Now, go give your mother a kiss, and, if you want, give her one from me. Tell her it's some weirdo you met on the internet if you want. LOL

No one (in the normal course of things, but I accept not all of us share the same experience) on this planet loves you more than your mother.

Happy Birthday Sheye's Mum!

The Shed is already sullied with its own type of “ religion”. Am I not allowed to post my views ? We can agree to disagree amiably, but you cannot shut me up because you feel uncomfortable about my beliefs.

My mother may love me, but it pales in comparison to the love my heavenly mother has for me... the Blessed Virgin Mary . Trust me when I say my mother is far from perfect 😆... but I love her despite her transgressions as she does me.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Sorry. I was too late with my edit. It's all good.

(Gordi...help! The wimmin are ganging up on me now!)

Peace, love, colours, light and respect are all I have to offer you.
edit on 15/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Sorry. I was too late with my edit. It's all good.

(Gordi...help! The wimmin are ganging up on me now! :roll

Peace, love, colours, light and respect are all I have to offer you.

Thank you for your offer... the saving grace of Jesus is all I have to offer you Light. May we all be blessed with seeing truth someday. If I was wrong in my beliefs , I will be the first to apologize to everyone... but if I am right ( put the if in there to appease disbelievers)... no need for apologies .. I will forgive you anyhow .
edit on 15-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I agree ... I think that works both ways !! Why post saying hello to me , then post a song in the same post ,which felt like a dig at my religion ? I consider that rude and condescending to my beliefs.

Sheye,
a) I posted about 7 or 8 songs last night, not just that one.
b) I had selected my next song choice BEFORE I saw that you were online. I LOVE that song and have played it in here before.
c) I thought I was being nice & considerate by saying hello to you as soon as I saw you.
d) Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING in my post or in that song contains ANY sort of dig at you or your religion. (Can you please show me where I (or the song lyrics) are having a "dig"?)
d) How on Earth is my saying hello to you "Rude and condescending" because it happened to be in the same post as a song that I like???
e) You just called me Rude & condescending btw - Can you please provide evidence of that because I may be a few things, but rude & condescending I certainly am not.

All I said was God is one of us in the form of Jesus as a human ( yes.. it is fact to me )..and you have a snit fit and tell me to chill. Why even post the song after addressing me ? Just to get under my skin ?

a) What you actually said was: "God was one of us and still is ,in human form . They called Him Jesus Christ."
Does that seem like a normal, reasonable response to the playing of a popular song to you, or does it possibly come across as you trying to force your own religious beliefs onto me and others? (A thing that YOU specifically previously said that you hated happening to you (others forcing their opinions/beliefs on you)).
b) Saying CHILL doesn't constitute having a "snit fit" in my humble opinion.
c) I didn't post the song after addressing you. I chose the song before I knew you were there. I said hello because I saw you were online when I came to post that song link - it had nothing to do with your presence that I posted it.
d) Now you're accusing me of deliberately trying to annoy you? Really? Sheye, I played that song because I really really like it and that is the ONLY reason. As far as I can tell there is nothing in the lyrics of that song which should annoy you or anyone else. It even praises God! whilst posing a simple question about how we'd treat one another if we all knew that he was actually walking among us. How can that possibly be construed as having a dig at you or getting under your skin???

Your comments to me (and in the other surrounding posts) just reinforce what I thought last night; that you come across as waaaaay too over-sensitive regarding this subject, see criticism/rudeness/condescension etc where there is/are none, and would be well advised to take a deep breath and "chill" about the whole subject (like I suggested!)

I take it you also missed the part where I said: "I certainly didn't mean to cause any offense, and I apolgise if I did. "?
Does that sound Rude & Condescending to you?

I'll state this once again, just for the record.
I welcome you and your presence here in the shed, exactly the same as everyone else.
Everyone is perfectly entitled to their own beliefs and opinions (as long as they don't try to force them onto others).
I was not in any way shape or form having any sort of a dig at you.

kindest regards,

G

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I'll state this once again, just for the record. I welcome you and your presence here in the shed, exactly the same as everyone else. Everyone is perfectly entitled to their own beliefs and opinions (as long as they don't try to force them onto others). I was not in any way shape or form having any sort of a dig at you.

My apologies if I took it as a dig ... perhaps I am too sensitive.

As far as Sheddites pushing their “ beliefs “ on others, it happens all the time.. in some form of post or other. I hardly think you can honestly single me out for expressing my beliefs, as many others do. Even those who profess to have no religion ,worship “ light beings” , which in itself is a form of religion. If I spouted off about the “ force within you” in this thread it would not be an issue. But because I speak of my beliefs outside of what the norm is in here, I seem to get attacked ? Let’s face it... it is hypocrisy.
I

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sheye, it might be best to discuss your religion in one of the threads made for that purpose. In the Shed we accept people of all religions or no religion at all. We accept good, kind, loving souls and that should satisfy everyone. To really get in depth over the subject here would only detract from the thread as it could go on for pages and pages with people going back and forth and arguing their side.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Sheye, it might be best to discuss your religion in one of the threads made for that purpose. In the Shed we accept people of all religions or no religion at all. We accept good, kind, loving souls and that should satisfy everyone. To really get in depth over the subject here would only detract from the thread as it could go on for pages and pages with people going back and forth and arguing their side.

Maybe it would be best to discuss your type of religion in another thread ? I jest of course ... but I make a few mentions of Jesus and I’m told to can it ,basically... yet all religious beliefs are accepted ? Very confusing messages 🤔🤨.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I was raised Catholic, I don't go to church. I don't feel there is any 'one' RIGHT way. We all come from the same source. I don't feel we need a middle man in a church or anywhere else to speak to God or the creator or whatever people wish to call that source.

Yes, we accept all beliefs, but we don't come and say our way is the only way and that we are the only one who is right. There is a difference. If someone is in trouble, many of us offer prayers, some may offer positive vibes, in the end...it is all about compassion and love.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I was raised Catholic, I don't go to church. I don't feel there is any 'one' RIGHT way. We all come from the same source. I don't feel we need a middle man in a church or anywhere else to speak to God or the creator or whatever people wish to call that source.

Yes, we accept all beliefs, but we don't come and say our way is the only way and that we are the only one who is right. There is a difference. If someone is in trouble, many of us offer prayers, some may offer positive vibes, in the end...it is all about compassion and love.

Those are merely your beliefs, Night.. and you seem to get no opposition for “ pushing “ your beliefs. It seems you are saying that your way of thinking is the “ right “ way.

Do you understand why I see the hypocrisy ?

Enough of this ... I’m definitely not of the same mindset as many in the Shed , but I have come to accept it.

That being said, I will not refrain from posting inspirational words from Jesus. If others can post inspirational thoughts from other sources, I surely can post some scripture without being attacked as “ too pushy “ 😕

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I love the story of Jesus. You know why? Because Jesus (or the story of Jesus) was a hippy. Peace and love. I like true hippies and I think there may be more than a few hippies here.

Meanwhile, in Gotham City...

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yes, I said it was 'my' belief. I don't get any opposition, at least in here because I respect that we all have different paths in life and that's ok if it all leads to goodness and light. And I don't push my beliefs, I state them when there is a discussion such as this. Evereyone states what they believe or don't believe so I add my two cents for whatever they are worth.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

There are perhaps glimmers of truths in many religions. Throughout the ages, there have been many spiritual men and women who made a huge difference in people's lives, who reached out and inspired and did good deeds.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yes, I said it was 'my' belief. I don't get any opposition, at least in here because I respect that we all have different paths in life and that's ok if it all leads to goodness and light. And I don't push my beliefs, I state them when there is a discussion such as this. Evereyone states what they believe or don't believe so I add my two cents for whatever they are worth.

I respect that others have their own opinions and beliefs and even acknowledge that we ALL need that free will to make our spiritual choices.

That being said, I don’t appreciate being shut down , told by a member they will do everything to destroy my belief. ( sorry Light, but you did say it )... all I ask is for the freedom to show what brings me peace and comfort in this chaotic world ,once in awhile on these forums... especially the shed , which leans towards spiritual comfort and healing.

I’m sure you don’t feel like you have to stifle your spirituality on this thread, Night... even in the inspirational quotes you post. There lies the difference.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I love the story of Jesus. You know why? Because Jesus (or the story of Jesus) was a hippy. Peace and love. I like true hippies and I think there may be more than a few hippies here.

Meanwhile, in Gotham City...

He was about peace and love ... yet so much more. Truth, righteousness.. the list goes on.

I like to think of these exchanges as healthy debate, and like my real family , we sometimes have sessions that are very honest. It’s good for the soul.. clears the air.

I can honestly say that I care about all of you, and the Sheddites are always in my prayers in one form or another.

God bless you all ...

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That being said, I don’t appreciate being shut down , told by a member they will do everything to destroy my belief. ( sorry Light, but you did say it ).

This has to stop. I did not see where Light said anything of the sort.

I will not stand by and have the Shed closed down over accusations and arguments.

This has been a sanctuary for so many members through the years, a place to go and laugh and cry with each other, to inspire and uplift and to have fun. Let's get back to that please.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

He deleted it, but it’s quoted in my post. Now quit yelling at me for being honest.

There is nothing malicious in my honesty, and I doubt the mods will close it down for a few honest posts... by more than a few members. WIS would call it refreshing. 😆.

Anyhow, I can see that this is being turned around to all be my fault, because I dared mention Jesus in response to Gordi’s song post, which I presumed was sort of addressed at me.

Goodbye Shed for now... you will always be in my prayers.

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join