It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trade war get interesting. China hits back.. hard..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: purplemer

They have such toxic agriculture they have to buy up land and companies in other countries just to produce something edible. The place is a polluted cesspool. Its so bad in Beijing they put in a massive LED wall to play video of sun rise and sun set cause you can't see it through the smog most days. Have you seen the waters there???

Yes and they are actually doing something about it. Infact a lot more than the USA. But go back to your propaganda if it makes you happy.

So they claim.

Can we see a source that isn't sourced from the state run propaganda machine?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

They have such toxic agriculture they have to buy up land and companies in other countries just to produce something edible. The place is a polluted cesspool. Its so bad in Beijing they put in a massive LED wall to play video of sun rise and sun set cause you can't see it through the smog most days. Have you seen the waters there???

Yes and they are actually doing something about it. Infact a lot more than the USA. But go back to your propaganda if it makes you happy.

So they claim.

No you just have to go and see for yourself. China is not perfect, but I loved living there. Everything I needed, and they are making strides in many areas.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Reads being the key word, no I haven't.

Though, going to Hong Kong is like going to Cancun, and saying all of Mexico is nice.
edit on 2-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

So they claim.

No you just have to go and see for yourself. China is not perfect, but I loved living there. Everything I needed, and they are making strides in many areas.

Then why did you leave?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If things hit the fan Trump will be despised by close to everybody

It’s a lot of emotional rah rah America going on here.

No real intelligent analyzing this situation

The root cause of the China problem has always been the class that Trump just cut taxes for.

It’s all too late to help the manufacturing base in America, Trump is beating a dead horse for reasons nobody really knows going on in his fevered brain.

Also, he lacks an intelligent method to makes things better, no skillful means, therefore likely he'll make things worse.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So they claim.

Then why did you leave?

Because my wife wanted to set up her own business in the UK, so we came back. That is the only reason why, but I still go back every year or so.

So if you only read, then No, you do not know what it is like.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Everything we have comes from china. We'd suffer more.

For a bit, but we would bounce back quicker than China ever could.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So they claim.

Then why did you leave?

Because my wife wanted to set up her own business in the UK, so we came back. That is the only reason why, but I still go back every year or so.

If it was so good, then why couldn't she have run the business from China?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The root cause of the China problem has always been the class that Trump just cut taxes for.

It’s all too late to help the manufacturing base in America, Trump is beating a dead horse for reasons nobody really knows going on in his fevered brain.

Also, he lacks an intelligent method to makes things better, no skillful means, therefore likely he'll make things worse.

Personal attacks. Check.
Attack on "class". Check.
Defeatist attitude. Check.

I'm failing to see where you are more intelligent.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So they claim.

Then why did you leave?

Because she wanted to set up a Chinese miao silver jewllery business, hence the reason we went back to the UK.

Also, if you love a place, does that mean you have to stay in that one place all your life? That is a bit silly, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Pandaram

Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

Seriously, after Trump started this nonsense, did anyone expect China not to respond in kind ?

While many here, and many of my own family and friends were cheering this on, I tried to remind them that Tarriffs are basically a tax that will cost the middle class consumer.

People are blowing this off but what they fail to remember is whether you agree with Chinas production practices , or their ethics. They HAVE the amount of production , and exports in and from their own country to deal with this.

The US simply just doesnt produce what it use to.

Trump is going to either have to back down at some point from this or pull something out of his A$$ that would make it worth while for China to comply.

As it stands its just going to slam our economy and middle/lower class and cost us much more for goods and services that many people already have a hard time being able to afford.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In other words, to punish Trump, Beijing is slapping a massive tariff on an industry which is dominated by a Chinese owned hog producer and export operation within the US. LMAO... you can't make this stuff up.

In all fairness if they wanted to they could just restrict that area of their production or shut it down and go another route. China isnt in financial dire straits as much as the US.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So they claim.

Then why did you leave?

Because she wanted to set up a Chinese miao silver jewllery business, hence the reason we went back to the UK.

Also, if you love a place, does that mean you have to stay in that one place all your life? That is a bit silly, don't you think?

I mean, a website and shipping seems pretty easy, without having to move, and you can stay where you love.

Seems like there is more to the story than you're willing to share just to make your point, which is fine, of course.

Also, many people live for different things. Most try to end up where they would love to be and make it work.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If you believe the root cause is who Trump cut taxes for then I would expect you would not care of the derivatives market took a dive because that is who makes money off of it. Frankly, I think we need to hit that reset button because it drives up artificial inflation while wages are stagnant.

So in summary Trump introduces tarrifs on steel to narrow the trade gap and employ more middle class Americans. China responds by taking food out of the mouths of their population and drives down a market that makes things cost more for us.

I'm waiting for the bad news.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So they claim.

Then why did you leave?

I mean, a website and shipping seems pretty easy, without having to move, and you can stay where you love.

Seems like there is more to the story than you're willing to share just to make your point, which is fine, of course.

Also, many people live for different things. Most try to end up where they would love to be and make it work.

LOL you do not really know much about business do you. My wife sells her stuff online. She has customers in America and Europe. She would not have had the customers if she was posting out of china!

There is nothing more to it than that. Does your mind refuse to believe that a western person could live happily in China?

The first thing that struck me when i first went to Beijing, was the amount of westerners living there. But of course, armchair readers will not know this. I bet a lot of people think china is like north korea lol lol

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Personal attacks. Check.
Attack on "class". Check.
Defeatist attitude. Check.

I'm failing to see where you are more intelligent.

That’s all your boy Trump does is attack.

The difference is my attacks are backed up by empirical evidence not emotional ill-timed, abrasive and impulsive acts

You deny the money class created the destruction of our manufacturing base?

The poor workers didn't do it since production has increased in America but the wages still stayed stagnant

the only thing that went up was the salaries of the elite class

You deny that?

So its negative to admit the reality of the situation?

How do you reason?

edit on 2-4-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, what should we do, allow China and various other countries to take advantage of us perpetually because we're afraid of what happens the day after? I don't think Trump disagreed with the advisers who warned about tariffs. Rather, I think he expected there to be some resistance and short term consequences and is looking for a pay off in the medium to long term.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So they claim.

Then why did you leave?

LOL you do not really know much about business do you. My wife sells her stuff online. She has customers in America and Europe. She would not have had the customers if she was posting out of china!

There is nothing more to it than that. Does your mind refuse to believe that a western person could live happily in China?

The first thing that struck me when i first went to Beijing, was the amount of westerners living there. But of course, armchair readers will not know this. I bet a lot of people think china is like north korea lol lol

Oh, so you're saying that being in China would have hindered her business? Why is that?

Also, with the lack of free speech and the surveillance state etc, it doesn't seem like the greatest place. But what does this "armchair reader" know. I'll just refer to your anecdotes as to why China is so great, despite leaving to run a business...Maybe it isn't so great.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

The US simply just doesnt produce what it use to. 

This is precisely the problem that we need to address. You know what costs the middle class more and drives down everyone's standard of living? Subsidies. Most people would prefer to be gainfully employed. Skilled labor is part of the solution.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Meh, let them. I already pay a steep price on local organic products.

Plus, it doesn't surprise me that leftist who hate Trump and foreigners would naturally push the propoganda that china would win a trade war with the US, this was predicted.

For all its faults, the US economy is larger and much more stable, continuing to rise. Our GDP outpaces that of china, which theirs is obviously oversaturated.

China is approaching a bad debt problem and its been stated now, years actuallu, that they are no longer the lowest cost producers.

Would seem that those easily fooled were glittering eyes at all the fast paced development in china that they forgot to stop and take a look at some of the consequences as a result. For starters, its major driving force in growth is investments, which Trump has also signed onto, curbing chinese investments*

One, being fresh and safely farmed food.

America is a breadbasket, the best in the world.

In a month or so, people simply will be buying from other low cost suppliers. That is the beauty of the American economy, it is so integrated, we simply switch the lanes.*

Sure, you'll get the so called experts screaming doom pr0n as evident in this very thread, but like china, empty threats 😌

As much as this will piss off those that hate Trump, he holds all the cards.

*SOURCE:
www.thedailybeast.com...
Excellent article with rebuttals 😉

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join