It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trade war get interesting. China hits back.. hard..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Got a crystal ball do you? Or you're just being optimistic.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Got a crystal ball do you? Or you're just being optimistic.

I have nothing against these posters, but it just feels like its cheerleading, if they will go back and read my responses you cant deny they make sense and the scenarios are supremely viable.

This is not a good position to put us in.

Its like a mom and pop shop telling the walmart in the area "Were raising any local produce prices we send to you to serve the locals , that you dont carry, and were not going to pay what you want us to for the goods you have that we dont"

Whats that walmart in the area gonna do? What they have repeatedly done, shut that mom and pop down.
edit on 2-4-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Pandaram

lol China cutting out getting pork from the US. The only reason they started getting it in the first place was because of their toxic agricultural practices?

Guess only the filthy rich will be able to eat clean pork? lmao

China is ruthless, screw em!

The Chinese bought the pig slaughter house in Iowa. Not sure the city, perhaps someone here lives in the city. Why the US politicians allow our food places to be bought up by foreign powers is just unbelievable to me.
In China , foreign countries are only allow up to 42 percent ownership of companies and it is only backed by the "contract" or commonly known among businessmen, "an suggestion". Screw China, it is not an even game on a worldwide basis. Profits talks and loyalty walks. And I live in Asia.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Aazadan

You do tell us all about the businesses you've started from nothing, when having almost nothing, and how slick you are for making it look so easy. And in this lifetime. And how everyone should have no problem lifting themselves up and out of dead end wage slavery. In this lifetime.

We choose to live in a competitive society. I'm not a competitive person, but I do accept that truth. If you want to make it, you need to compete, you shouldn't rely on the government to interfere in the market and create inefficiencies so that you can have an easier time.

Innovate the sector you work in and leverage that. Or don't. Not everyone can be even average, half the population will fall below that at any given time. However, you can do things to hedge your bets a little bit such as getting a proper education (at minimum, a Master's degree), becoming an expert in multiple fields, minimizing lifestyle expenses, having stable employment, and evaluating your choices through opportunity cost.

I don't actually think people should work hard, I don't think they should kill themselves to try and make it. Take life at your own pace, but implement the above and you'll better your chances of getting where you want to go, though it's in no way guaranteed. Starting a business, without a good plan (way to innovate the market, and make yourself cost effective) is one of the absolute worst things you can do. Businesses need a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of luck. That means a lot of investment for not a lot of payoff unless you have a really good idea, and most good ideas are simple modifications on an existing system, ideally something you can patent.
edit on 2-4-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Im not a leftist and even I can see the common sense upper hand that China has. As do many economists that are conservative. 

- Not just leftist, but foreigners as well. This has been noted.
- A common would be point that many choose to reply with yet provide no citation to back that claim. How would you know they are conservative? What economist?

Are you conveniently forgetting the HUGE debt we have with China, and all the holdings that they already have here in the US that Trump can do nothing about? Not to mention the land and production they own HERE IN the US? 

- That literally has nothing to do with what we are discussing. What of the debt?
- If they called in their debt, the dollar plummets, would disrupt international markets, including china. We all suffer.
- Even a hint of sell off, dollar demand drops, china's competitiveness hurts, raising exports, US consumers buy local instead.
-...and YES, the US can do whatever deemed necessary within their borders under national security, should something happen.
- To say we CAN'T do nothing about it is naive, laughable and amusing doom pr0n screech.
- Lets be real, chinese buy our lands to feed their people as only 11% of chinas land can support good quality food, not as a hostage method. Total fail on your part.
- So, moot point.

Im afraid not, China has far more production and world wide distribution, not NEAR the regulations to pump out more products.

- Statement speaks for itself, china is a manufacturing hub afterall.
- Key takeaway, THEY ARE NO LONGER LOW COST SUPPLIERS.

They have assets all over this country INCLUDING offshore oil , that WE use. And own HUGE swaths of American farmland and other areas. And thats just the SHORT list

- US also has assets and we're OIL RICH.
- US OIL imports have dropped, as US OIL exports have flooded the market.
- Infact, US Oil exports to china have surged.
- So, another moot point.

You name call because people dont support Trump, and claim its just their bias. 

- name calling is nowhere here and only proves your lack of reading comprehension.

But I feel in all actuality, your own bias to support Trump, is making you blind to the full picture and possible consequences.

-Irrelevant and useless filler.

Off to a bad start jerry, you've essentially vomited all the doom pr0n points of no substance.

*Sources:
www.thebalance.com...

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The more you learn about this, the more you realize it's a facade.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Because we aren't communists. That's why we allow foreign ownership. What does it matter to us if there is foreign ownership? I mean, if we ever end up in a war, we just kick them out and they lose 100% of their investment. How is this a bad thing for us?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
US stock market slides as China retaliates to America..

amp.theguardian.com...

The picture in your OP is very interesting to me.

Selling apples for $25 a pound? How can that be because somehow or other, if we are to believe the powers that be in Australia, American grown apples and (grapes for that matter) can be sold in Western Australian grocery shops for a price which is cheaper than what fruit growers about 250 kms away from the city cannot afford to grow them for ?????????????

Australia has signed scores of so called "free trade agreements" with the US and a dozen other countries without the Australian people ever being told in any substantive way what those agreements contain.

The media will not comment on this strange situation and nor will Australian politicians.

I buy a plastic netting bag of apples in our local supermarket for $4-6. The bag contained as a 8-12 smallish size apples yet you people in the US it seems, are paying $25 a pound. How many apples would that, a dozen? Something is very very wrong here .

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Apples aren't $25/lb. They're about $1-3 depending on the variety. I think the picture is in china and it's in yuan not dollars. That works out to be roughly $4/lb.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

lol China cutting out getting pork from the US. The only reason they started getting it in the first place was because of their toxic agricultural practices?

The Chinese bought the pig slaughter house in Iowa. Not sure the city, perhaps someone here lives in the city. Why the US politicians allow our food places to be bought up by foreign powers is just unbelievable to me.
In China , foreign countries are only allow up to 42 percent ownership of companies and it is only backed by the "contract" or commonly known among businessmen, "an suggestion". Screw China, it is not an even game on a worldwide basis. Profits talks and loyalty walks. And I live in Asia.

It's worse than that the number one company exporting to china is a Hong Kong-based WH Group who dominates U.S. pork exports to China through its American subsidiary, Smithfield.

So china is adding tariffs to a Chinese owned company. You can't make this stuff up there going to take profits from the company they own to hurt US economy?? Thinking China may want to rethink this strategy because if I was Trump I'd let them do it.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: purplemer

They have such toxic agriculture they have to buy up land and companies in other countries just to produce something edible. The place is a polluted cesspool. Its so bad in Beijing they put in a massive LED wall to play video of sun rise and sun set cause you can't see it through the smog most days. Have you seen the waters there???

Yes and they are actually doing something about it. Infact a lot more than the USA. But go back to your propaganda if it makes you happy.

So they claim.

Can we see a source that isn't sourced from the state run propaganda machine?

No you just have to go and see for yourself. China is not perfect, but I loved living there. Everything I needed, and they are making strides in many areas.

Then why did you leave?

Because my wife wanted to set up her own business in the UK, so we came back. That is the only reason why, but I still go back every year or so.

So if you only read, then No, you do not know what it is like.

If it was so good, then why couldn't she have run the business from China?

Because she wanted to set up a Chinese miao silver jewllery business, hence the reason we went back to the UK.

Also, if you love a place, does that mean you have to stay in that one place all your life? That is a bit silly, don't you think?

I mean, a website and shipping seems pretty easy, without having to move, and you can stay where you love.

Seems like there is more to the story than you're willing to share just to make your point, which is fine, of course.

Also, many people live for different things. Most try to end up where they would love to be and make it work.

LOL you do not really know much about business do you. My wife sells her stuff online. She has customers in America and Europe. She would not have had the customers if she was posting out of china!

There is nothing more to it than that. Does your mind refuse to believe that a western person could live happily in China?

The first thing that struck me when i first went to Beijing, was the amount of westerners living there. But of course, armchair readers will not know this. I bet a lot of people think china is like north korea lol lol

Oh, so you're saying that being in China would have hindered her business? Why is that?

Also, with the lack of free speech and the surveillance state etc, it doesn't seem like the greatest place. But what does this "armchair reader" know. I'll just refer to your anecdotes as to why China is so great, despite leaving to run a business...Maybe it isn't so great.

Seriously!?

I mean really! Seriously!?

I have told you the reasons why ( which you have ignored) it is like your mind cannot comprehend that someone can like something or some place you do not like.

How ignorant and aragont is that?

So you think I am hiding some dark twisted secret to why i left China? All because i left china with my wife, who is chinese, so she could start a business.

Seriously! lol

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

China can't win a trade war.

They need us as customers more than we need their Chinese junk. We already deal with a ridiculous number of unfair trade practices and never retaliated. This is just the U.S. trying to level the playing field.

Bottom line is China is screwed without us buying their crap.

You talk like it is only the American people who are buying thing "junk" How many businesses in America rely on buying stock from China? What do you think would happen if that trade stopped? A lot of business would go out of business. Basically, there would be a depression I imagine.

This is why it amazes when people say do not buy plastic junk ftom china. Stop buying stuff from China, watch the American companies fall one by one, or watch prices go up on everything.

oh have no doubt prices will go up. they will use this as a convenient excuse as they always do. just like they do with oil. the truth on the other hand is they can fairly easily get those products made in other countries if they so wish. just as they did before China decided to join the world market. i also have no doubt companies will play games, not only to increase their profits, but to use it to malign Trump. could be slim pickings for next Christmas if China does not decide to start trading fairly with the US. and instead try to pull off reducing exports to the US or cut off trade. there really should be NO trade deficit at all if there was fair trade. but many companies just in their bid to make Trump look bad will do nothing to replace many of the goods they got from China, and/or reduce the amount of goods they will buy to sell. but it will all just be a giant con game. an artificial shortage, that they will use to increase their prices, and thus their profits.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Cheap ribs and blade steaks sounds good to me!

Hah yah, throw all your I phones into the sea, they are made for Apple in China.

Whatever were we thinking when Obama announced the 'Asian Pivot'. Like China couldn't just allemande left and do se do our debt into collapse.

I think everyone should throw their I-phones in the sea regardless. Horribly overpriced pieces of crap.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
Crap is what sells, especially crap media on the crap I phones.

Buys newest model, Must_Not_Become_Obsolete.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
The chinese are not dumb they know what they are doing. This is just a show of inderect force that Chine will respond to US stupdity.

The chinese pork from the US will hurt the US government. And the Chinese will make 25% on the tarif if the US still want to exsport. No matter how you try to spin it.

You seriously f#cking hate the the USA don't you?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yup I have just gotten a Huawei phone from China half the price and a much better phone.
Oh wait.. .

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The thing that baffles me is that they make them out of glass, and people actually buy them!!!

"Oh sh1!t, I dropped it
"..

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Yup I have just gotten a Huawei phone from China half the price and a much better phone.
Oh wait.. .

I don't care if they make them in Timbuktu, they're ridiculously overpriced and made of glass(I-phones).

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: intrptr

The thing that baffles me is that they make them out of glass, and people actually buy them!!!

"Oh sh1!t, I dropped it
"..

Buy another one, just like the other one.

You been hanging onto it, they'd sure like you drop it.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

...at least you won't hear the American Muslims complain....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join