It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trade war get interesting. China hits back.. hard..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

If things hit the fan Trump will be despised by close to everybody

It’s a lot of emotional rah rah America going on here.

No real intelligent analyzing this situation

The root cause of the China problem has always been the class that Trump just cut taxes for.

It’s all too late to help the manufacturing base in America, Trump is beating a dead horse for reasons nobody really knows going on in his fevered brain.

Also, he lacks an intelligent method to makes things better, no skillful means, therefore likely he'll make things worse.

Personal attacks. Check.
Attack on "class". Check.
Defeatist attitude. Check.

I'm failing to see where you are more intelligent.

That’s all your boy Trump does is attack.

The difference is my attacks are backed up by empirical evidence not emotional ill-timed, abrasive and impulsive acts

You deny the money class created the destruction of our manufacturing base?

The poor workers didn't do it since production has increased in America but the wages still stayed stagnant

the only thing that went up was the salaries of the elite class

You deny that?

So its negative to admit the reality of the situation?

How do you reason?

The money class destroyed itself? And regulations had nothing to do with it?

How can production increase, and wages stay stagnant, if the manufacturing base was destroyed?

I suppose the companies salaries would go up because business never stopped, just where they manufactured. Huh.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The trade deals aren't in any countries favor. Folks need to read up on how this works. If one countries demand is higher than the other one for a particular widget there will be a imbalance. Its simple economics. Like high school freshman year.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The state run propaganda machine you're referring too is Sinclair media and FOX I hope because if not you must be one of those...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The root cause of the China problem has always been the class that Trump just cut taxes for.

It’s all too late to help the manufacturing base in America, Trump is beating a dead horse for reasons nobody really knows going on in his fevered brain.

Also, he lacks an intelligent method to makes things better, no skillful means, therefore likely he'll make things worse.

Personal attacks. Check.

The difference is my attacks are backed up by empirical evidence not emotional ill-timed, abrasive and impulsive acts

The poor workers didn't do it since production has increased in America but the wages still stayed stagnant

You deny that?

How do you reason?

How can production increase, and wages stay stagnant, if the manufacturing base was destroyed?

I suppose the companies salaries would go up because business never stopped, just where they manufactured. Huh.

The money class IS NOT destroyed, their doing fine. The wealth gap is wider in America than its ever been

Any economist will tell you production in America is and has gone up but wages haven’t.

In other words, the manager class is not sharing the wealth.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Other way around silly...Smithfield runs that town...

Small world my little bro and the gwaltney kid were friends all through high school.
edit on 2-4-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The state run propaganda machine you're referring too is Sinclair media and FOX I hope because if not you must be one of those...

If you think Sinclair and Fox are the only ones, you must be one of those...

My, what a productive discussion.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Personal attacks. Check.

You deny that?

How do you reason?

The money class IS NOT destroyed, their doing fine. The wealth gap is wider in America than its ever been

Any economist will tell you production in America is and has gone up but wages haven’t.

In other words, the manager class is not sharing the wealth.

So is it the money class or the manager class you have a problem with? I feel like you change who the bogey man is with each post.

And, "any economist"? Really? I think they all will tell you that, but they will all have different reasons for it.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
"Trade wars are good, and easy to win!" - some dumbass.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

What an amazing contribution...probably strained your brain coming up with that.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

What an amazing contribution...probably strained your brain coming up with that.
Did you really expect a decent and respectable converstation with these people?

The never Trumpers are all too predictable, if it permits at taking a dig at our POTUS, any merit of conversation is lost.

Hence, trolls.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It was a direct quote from Trump's Twitter account dated March 02, 2018.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

The never Trumpers are all too predictable, if it permits at taking a dig at our POTUS, any merit of conversation is lost.

Hence, trolls.

I think it's contextually appropriate pointing out the complete dumbassary and dip#tery of trump regarding trade. How much it triggers Cult 45 is merely an added bonus to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Hence, trolls.

I think it's contextually appropriate pointing out the complete dumbassary and dip#tery of trump regarding trade. How much it triggers Cult 45 is merely an added bonus to me.
lol, I rest my case 😂😂😂

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Plus, it doesn't surprise me that leftist who hate Trump and foreigners would naturally push the propoganda that china would win a trade war with the US, this was predicted.

Im not a leftist and even I can see the common sense upper hand that China has. As do many economists that are conservative.

You dont have to be a lefty not to agree with Trump.

For starters, its major driving force in growth is investments, which Trump has also signed onto, curbing chinese investments*

Are you conveniently forgetting the HUGE debt we have with China, and all the holdings that they already have here in the US that Trump can do nothing about? Not to mention the land and production they own HERE IN the US?

As much as this will piss off those that hate Trump, he holds all the cards.

Im afraid not, China has far more production and world wide distribution, not NEAR the regulations to pump out more products. They have assets all over this country INCLUDING offshore oil , that WE use. And own HUGE swaths of American farmland and other areas. And thats just the SHORT list

The U.S. debt to China is $1.17 trillion as of January 2018

You name call because people dont support Trump, and claim its just their bias.

But I feel in all actuality, your own bias to support Trump, is making you blind to the full picture and possible consequences.
edit on 2-4-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
US stock market slides as China retaliates to America..

amp.theguardian.com...

I remember when the first chines goods started hitting the US in discount stores like Odd Lots, Big lots. And they are telling us what to do LOL. Hay but Walmart is their chief sales outlet in the US. Yes sir.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

What america need to understand first though is that China is simply the proxy for all those US firms that lit out for there. There is no such thing as a stand alone China economy that built itself into a powerhouse.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

What america need to understand first though is that China is simply the proxy for all those US firms that lit out for there. There is no such thing as a stand alone China economy that built itself into a powerhouse.

Agreed Chinas economy didnt build itself, but it also isnt as dependent on the US as people think. All they have to do is hike up our prices on imports coming into our country, tariff our exports to China.

Increase their production which we have seen they are clearly capable off, and sell to the rest of the consuming nations at a premium.

If you look at a lot of the signs, our economy is eerily close to what the Soviet Union was before the fall of the USSR.

And even MORE so like the 20s before we were hit with the great depression.

Trump needs to be weary, he needs to take head and he needs to be shrude because if he is not it could be catastrophic.

We cannot just file bankruptcy like he has done so many times with his other businesses

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

China could hike up prices but then they would simply expand the potential profit margin for those willing to fill the gap. They could price themselves right out of business.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

China could hike up prices but then they would simply expand the potential profit margin for those willing to fill the gap. They could price themselves right out of business.

Or they could just drop their prices and sell to all of our competitors and there would be nothing we could do because our cost of production is so much higher we wouldnt be able to compete.

And then what Tariff those that decide to trade with china instead of us? And further drive down our GDP? To which China would tell them no problem, dont worry about the US we will sweeten the pot on the trade goods you were getting from the US and also make that cheaper as well.

Its not a good situation

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join