It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trade war get interesting. China hits back.. hard..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: purplemer

They have such toxic agriculture they have to buy up land and companies in other countries just to produce something edible. The place is a polluted cesspool. Its so bad in Beijing they put in a massive LED wall to play video of sun rise and sun set cause you can't see it through the smog most days. Have you seen the waters there???

Yes and they are actually doing something about it. Infact a lot more than the USA. But go back to your propaganda if it makes you happy.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yea...like hiding it and sweeping it under the rug. By chance do you tend to eat a lot of food stuffs from China yourself/live there?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: seeker1963

I live in virginia. The pork and peanut capitol of the east. Smithfield was purchased by China over seven years ago. They can have American breed pigs and not pay the tariff.
Expect the price of your chops and ribs to go up this summer. Good thing there are still hamburgers and beef hot dogs.

If fighting a trade war with China who is killing us as a country forces me to eat beef??? The so be it! To think we used to have people willing to die for our country and now we have people worried about the price of their pork going up? Where's my Brawndo!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Pandaram

China can't win a trade war.

They need us as customers more than we need their Chinese junk. We already deal with a ridiculous number of unfair trade practices and never retaliated. This is just the U.S. trying to level the playing field.

Bottom line is China is screwed without us buying their crap.

This issue is where the MSM will need to show what's really happening, as the war progresses.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Pandaram
US stock market slides as China retaliates to America..

amp.theguardian.com...

I had a feeling Trump would pull some bonehead stunt and pulled out of the Market 3 months ago.

This is so short sighted.

Any trade war is a war the US will win. We have the 500 billion dollar trade deficit not them. All we have to have to do is have the courage to not cave in and most of the deficit can be eliminated.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

There Is No Trade War .............Please Stop watching FAKE NEWS..........!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Doesn't appear there is much time on their side. Especially if they want to try and fight a trade war now...Some hard truth for you purp

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hey…just ease up on the pork fried rice. Eat more kosher and halal and everything will balance out.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Seriously, the bad thing is that our exports are also getting slammed by the fact that Trump left the TPP.

"For much of industrial America, the TPP was a suspect deal," he writes, but for the struggling agriculture sector, the trade pact among 12 nations representing 40 percent of the world's economy "was a lifeline." Ominously, he adds, "Trump's decision to withdraw from the pact also cleared the way for rival exporters," and they have wasted no time filling the void.

theweek.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So China is adding Tariffs to Tariffs they ALREADY had...lol OK

One side note...lets see how long the Chinese are willing to use food as a bargaining chip... So all of a sudden the Chinese don't get their pork and beans... Who is this actually affecting the most?

edit on 2-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

China can't win a trade war.

They need us as customers more than we need their Chinese junk. We already deal with a ridiculous number of unfair trade practices and never retaliated. This is just the U.S. trying to level the playing field.

Bottom line is China is screwed without us buying their crap.

You talk like it is only the American people who are buying thing "junk" How many businesses in America rely on buying stock from China? What do you think would happen if that trade stopped? A lot of business would go out of business. Basically, there would be a depression I imagine.

This is why it amazes when people say do not buy plastic junk ftom china. Stop buying stuff from China, watch the American companies fall one by one, or watch prices go up on everything.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: anonentity

No, I think it's China grasping at straws. The trade gap between China and the US is so ridiculously huge that there really isn't a way for China to "get" the USA via trade tariffs. China is learning what it feels like to have zero power in a negotiation and I don't think they have any idea of how to deal with that reality. Their next step will be filing a grievance with the WTO which will result in... absolutely nothing. The WTO is unlikely to interject themselves into this fully because they realize the current administration doesn't give two flips what the ruling would be and all that would be served is the WTO being exposed as essentially powerless against the US. That will be followed up with China making more threats related to divesting themselves of US debt and striking up the market basket of currencies noise again... that will probably happen sometime in late summer and while the market analysts are freaking out over it, crying that the sky is falling, the US dollar will strengthen and Main Street will see sunshine while Wall Street grumbles about the clouds.

Love it or hate it, this is an important part of MAGA. National protectionist policy in America is very much needed and it starts here with China.

Yep! China's bluff has been called as it should have YEARS ago. They don't have the natural resources such as food and water to feed and sustain their people as the US does.

Let em puff up their tiny chests!

Puff up their tiny chests lol lol

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Yea...like hiding it and sweeping it under the rug. By chance do you tend to eat a lot of food stuffs from China yourself/live there?

I lived in Beijing for three years, and travelled china. Have you been there?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I live in Hampton. t
The city of Smithfield doesn't own and never owned Smithfield Foods.
China bought the whole operation here and farms across the country.
I'm actually friends with the Gawltney family the other big pork producers here. They were frequent customers to my store. I
If you eat pork you eat Smithfield produced pork. Not just in Virginia but anywhere in the U.S..

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

That might have been true once, but they have a good presence in resource heaven Africa. Their roads and soccer stadiums are going down well.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I live in virginia. The pork and peanut capitol of the east. Smithfield was purchased by China over seven years ago. They can have American breed pigs and not pay the tariff.
Expect the price of your chops and ribs to go up this summer. Good thing there are still hamburgers and beef hot dogs.

If fighting a trade war with China who is killing us as a country forces me to eat beef??? The so be it! To think we used to have people willing to die for our country and now we have people worried about the price of their pork going up? Where's my Brawndo!

Yeah! We need more people to die for their country! Right on!!!

link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Yep! China's bluff has been called as it should have YEARS ago. They don't have the natural resources such as food and water to feed and sustain their people as the US does

Really. Stop buying the propoganda. Have you been to China. Give it a try before issuing your armchair verdicts.
The people are well fed they dont go without. China is leaving the USA sitting. It really is.Thats a true story. It is the worlds largest economy and is out competing the USA on many levels.

This reads like propaganda in and of itself.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Everything we have comes from china. We'd suffer more.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Jay-morris

That might have been true once, but they have a good presence in resource heaven Africa. Their roads and soccer stadiums are going down well.

What might have been true once? Quote my post

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: purplemer

Yep! China's bluff has been called as it should have YEARS ago. They don't have the natural resources such as food and water to feed and sustain their people as the US does

Really. Stop buying the propoganda. Have you been to China. Give it a try before issuing your armchair verdicts.
The people are well fed they dont go without. China is leaving the USA sitting. It really is.Thats a true story. It is the worlds largest economy and is out competing the USA on many levels.

This reads like propaganda in and of itself.

How is It propaganda? You been to China?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join