It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Darling Hogg says 1st amendment rights are being trampled because of new clear back pack rule

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I agree with that 100%.

That's exactly why all the fanfare sounds like insanity to me.

Perhaps it's just easier to say for an outsider looking in, not being invested in the partisan war.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If it hasn't already been said, forget the politics what about how silly this is.

Anything small enough to fit in a backpack can fit in the middle with your sweater wrapped around it or in a hollow book. Pointless waste of money.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

that's at least in part for the backlash against the kids, because they are just screaming do something.

Every single time we do that the regular people get screwed, screaming do something gets us the war on drugs, private prisons, the patriot act erosion of the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments .

I just have no faith in congress to do something that helps us without eroding what's left of our rights.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The local ISD my kids went to instituted clear backpacks after columbine. They did away with it in the mid 2000's.

The backpacks fall apart because they are cheap crappy plastic, and parents who were poor just stopped providing them for their kids.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't think we should be demonizing and attacking students for standing up for what they believe in even if we disagree with them.

Our country was founded on protest, and it's a cornerstone of our American Society.

I see a lot of hate towards Millennials and every other younger generation for being lazy and not caring about anything, yet when we have a lot of students standing up for what they believe in, now we attack them personally.

It's not right. It's actually pretty petty and show's how low class you are. It shows fear. Imagine making fun of a high school student for standing for something. That is low class. You have to make personal attacks on children.

Sometimes people need to vent, they're voices need to be heard, and things need to change.

Case in point, is the picture of that girl ripping up the constitution...she didn't do that. Making fun of her Cuban flag on her jacket...she's half cuban. Sometimes Americans can be so stupid and petty.

He's not trampling anyone's rights, he's exercising his rights. Or..do you only like the constitutional rights, when the person agrees with you 100%? That's a terrible way to live. That's fear right there. That's someone that want's to live in North Korea

edit on 26-3-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Poor little Hoggy Woggy.

Funny how he has no problem trampling on others rights.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Standing for something, protesting, etc, etc...i don't think anyone begrudges folks for doing that. Its a good thing.

What I think people are upset about:

- Hogg and the cuban flag chick have both put themselves on the air with their viewpoints, opening them and their viewpoints up to criticism. Folks are using their first amendment rights to debate someone else who is using theirs. That is pretty much how its supposed to work. National debates should not be one sided, and folks should not be brow beaten into it.

- the things these kids are saying are ignorant and untrue. One glaring example: Hoggs comments that the backbacks violate his first amendment rights. How does the backpack abridge his right to free speech? He meant 4th amendment

- their message was usurped by a higher power, as evidenced by the enormous amount of cash that flowed in supporting their provably ignorant message. This equates to a psyop, with the kids being used as unwitting (or maybe witting, who knows) pawns. I'd suspect that if you traced the money, you'd find that much of it comes from foreign nationals attempting to control our national dialogue and effect change within our nation. Given the last 2 years, this concept is something most folks are not numb to.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

first they need dirt on you, something shady youd do anything to keep hidden.

if you dont have any they will manufacture it, trick you into a room alone with a child, lock you in there for 10 minutes, then they can say whatever they want about what went on in there, as long as they can control what the child will say when asked then they have their blackmail.

so ya, you sign up for their deal and you can be sure you "will go all the way" they'll make sure of it...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Standing for something, protesting, etc, etc...i don't think anyone begrudges folks for doing that. Its a good thing.

What I think people are upset about:

- Hogg and the cuban flag chick have both put themselves on the air with their viewpoints, opening them and their viewpoints up to criticism. Folks are using their first amendment rights to debate someone else who is using theirs. That is pretty much how its supposed to work. National debates should not be one sided, and folks should not be brow beaten into it.

- the things these kids are saying are ignorant and untrue. One glaring example: Hoggs comments that the backbacks violate his first amendment rights. How does the backpack abridge his right to free speech? He meant 4th amendment

- their message was usurped by a higher power, as evidenced by the enormous amount of cash that flowed in supporting their provably ignorant message. This equates to a psyop, with the kids being used as unwitting (or maybe witting, who knows) pawns. I'd suspect that if you traced the money, you'd find that much of it comes from foreign nationals attempting to control our national dialogue and effect change within our nation. Given the last 2 years, this concept is something most folks are not numb to.

All good points. But remember, these are kids...they just experienced a huge Trauma. We can't expect them to be perfect especially with how they're expressing themselves. And yes we should debate them if we think they have bad points...but the crux of my post was that we're attacking them personally. Instead of arguing against the points they are making and explaining why them might be wrong, we post stuff as above here..."Hoggy woggy". Or we repost memes and inaccuries about the cuban flag on that girls Jacket. Or we call Hogg a media darling. or a crisis actor.

Again, we should debate these kids, but attackign them personally should be off limits. That's kindergarten stuff, that's petty stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

attacking anyone instead of their message should always be off limits.

you won't get me disputing that at all. but them being kids has no bearing, as they have chosen to engage the adult world in adult conversation.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

attacking anyone instead of their message should always be off limits.

you won't get me disputing that at all. but them being kids has no bearing, as they have chosen to engage the adult world in adult conversation.

And that's okay, I think it does have bearing and If me kids felt strongly about something enough to protest or get in the spotlight, more power to them. We need more of that in this world instead of the apathy we have. If adults were making fun of my children though, it would be on. Those fools wouldn't know what hit them. You don't mess with someone's kids with personal attacks.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

... I'd suspect that if you traced the money, you'd find that much of it comes from foreign nationals attempting to control our national dialogue and effect change within our nation. Given the last 2 years, this concept is something most folks are not numb to.

heavy.com...

Not all donors may be known, since March For Our Lives registered as a 501(c)(4), which allows them to keep donor identities secret.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

yeah, my kids would never confuse the 1st and 4th amendment.

In fact, it was my youngest son who pointed it out to me. I was too busy rolling my eyes at the headline.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Things that would help.

Clear back backs.

Uniforms.

No electronic devices. ( no phones )

year round school.
edit on 26-3-2018 by iwanttobelieve70 because: (no reason given)

Id's on lanyards that open doors to schools and approved classes.
edit on 26-3-2018 by iwanttobelieve70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

yeah, my kids would never confuse the 1st and 4th amendment.

In fact, it was my youngest son who pointed it out to me. I was too busy rolling my eyes at the headline.

That's the beauty of having certain rights. People can complain about them all they want, but in the end we still have those rights.

I understand where these kids are coming from and how they feel, but this entire thing smells like bull# to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Send them my way, i'm sure there is some kind of referral bonus...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Wouldn't clear backpacks be more a violation of the 4th?

You forget his dad was an FBI agent...so, he's probably not familiar with the 4th.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wonder who got the no bid contract to supply all those clear backpacks in a hurry...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Schools are not a free speech zone. So outside of school, the rules and laws apply, but while on school grounds, during school hours, the school or district can set policy to limit or curve any speech at their discretion.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They could talk about why the kids are targeting their schools and fellow students instead of any other place or person.

Might they be part of the problem?

Since cell phones can be a trigger for a bomb, maybe people should go back to land lines. Turn in you phones...

I just seems to me that society is dancing around the real issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join