It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Darling Hogg says 1st amendment rights are being trampled because of new clear back pack rule

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Did the Nick Cruz shooter conceal his rifle, ammunition, and gas mask in a backpack?

He didn't use "high capacity magazines" but that's not stopping them from saying we need to ban them.

It doesn't have to make sense, be effective, or have anything to do with what actually happened, the proposal is strictly about making people feel better.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh well, or Orwell? This behavior of Hogg doesn't come as much of a surprise to me. There is a whole generation that is all about surprising civil rights, as long as it doesn't impede on their rights.

***OFF TOPIC A LITTLE***

I'm not sure if these kids are part of the "Victim Generation", "Self-centered Generation", or some kind of awful hybrid of the two. All I know is that these kids love to talk about removing rights, until it happens to them. Too bad they won't (to turn a phrase from this site) "Deny Ignorance"

***BACK ON TOPIC***

Many of these people that are shouting about removing rights and privleges that are granted to us, for free use, by the Bill of Rights, really enjoy using those rights to try and remove the same rights. It's a shame that if these people got their way, they would then be removed from the public eye as adjatators, and killed. I think they need an old fashion history book, and not one that calls WW2 an unpleasant moment in history (full disclosure, I know of no history book that says that, but I have seen and heards discussing the good merits of the "Final Solution". I don't know where to go with that)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

TPTB have instituted the use of clear plastic backpacks...

Wait, what ...does this mean the plastic bag hysteria is over with

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

TPTB have instituted the use of clear plastic backpacks...

Wait, what ...does this mean the plastic bag hysteria is over with

The one on the right has some assault backpack features. A few parts of it are opaque. Banned.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: notsure1
Well a little dose of reality is hitting the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas .

They will only be allowed clear backpacks in school. Boy the students are not liking this new rule lol.

So here is what Media Darling David Hogg had to say..

It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is,”

LMAO Isnt that cute? Hey David we are not trying to take your backpacks man, we are trying to live.

Remember the girl with a buzzcut who went on Ellen with him? Here is what she had to say.

I’m not happy with it. Why are you punishing me for one person’s actions?

Oh man you can not make this stuff up.

Parkland, FL — After the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida last month, a group of anti-gun high school children became the darlings of the anti-gun movement. They were given widespread coverage and platforms on all mainstream media networks to call for the disarming of Americans. They were sanctioned by the government to do so—and now they are getting what they asked for—less rights

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Do we see this going on on the rest of this thing called a planet?

IMO opinion... NOPE...

Only in America....

It is so sad to see how our fellow citisens of the planet have devolved and what the future will bring.

Sad....

Sadly...

Lags

Ps. most people will go by something that was written ONLY which is called the 2nd amendment... I would like to know what it takes to have a new amendment made in your USA lawbooks!?

Seriously, some people should think for themselves instead of biding by a text that was written in 1791...

Bloody hell... 1791....

And what years were the Quran and the Bible written..?

2nd

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad3000

If my memory serves me right this thread has nothing to do with peoples personal beliefs on religion n’est pas?

Oh, I forgot to mention and to partly answer your question : Am I incorrect in understanding that the Bible and Quaran were re-written over the years to suite the evolution of thought?

Interesting and thought provoking thread here with tons of opinions and links : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 27-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Link added

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Congress will probably pass a weak measure to say that they did something. Like background checks of anyone under age 21.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

These Leftists don't know how to do anything so they do something that does nothing. A clear backpack is ridiculous. Now kids will have to hollow out books to hide their handguns.

Or put a smaller backpack into the clear backpack.

Or tape a knife inside their boot a la Taxi Driver.

Anytime. Anywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

first they need dirt on you, something shady youd do anything to keep hidden.

if you dont have any they will manufacture it, trick you into a room alone with a child, lock you in there for 10 minutes, then they can say whatever they want about what went on in there, as long as they can control what the child will say when asked then they have their blackmail.

so ya, you sign up for their deal and you can be sure you "will go all the way" they'll make sure of it...

Oh what a creepy system, but I do believe you are likely right.

What else could explain the blatant, in our face type, lies. It is like we have "Baghdad Bob's" in our gov here all over the place claiming lies we can easily see are such.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad3000

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: notsure1
Well a little dose of reality is hitting the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas .

They will only be allowed clear backpacks in school. Boy the students are not liking this new rule lol.

So here is what Media Darling David Hogg had to say..

It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is,”

LMAO Isnt that cute? Hey David we are not trying to take your backpacks man, we are trying to live.

Remember the girl with a buzzcut who went on Ellen with him? Here is what she had to say.

I’m not happy with it. Why are you punishing me for one person’s actions?

Oh man you can not make this stuff up.

Parkland, FL — After the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida last month, a group of anti-gun high school children became the darlings of the anti-gun movement. They were given widespread coverage and platforms on all mainstream media networks to call for the disarming of Americans. They were sanctioned by the government to do so—and now they are getting what they asked for—less rights

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Do we see this going on on the rest of this thing called a planet?

IMO opinion... NOPE...

Only in America....

It is so sad to see how our fellow citisens of the planet have devolved and what the future will bring.

Sad....

Sadly...

Lags

Ps. most people will go by something that was written ONLY which is called the 2nd amendment... I would like to know what it takes to have a new amendment made in your USA lawbooks!?

Seriously, some people should think for themselves instead of biding by a text that was written in 1791...

Bloody hell... 1791....

And what years were the Quran and the Bible written..?

2nd

The Torah was probably written on something around 2000-3000 BC but it was an oral tradition passed down in the history of the 'chosen ones', the Hebrews.

www.chabad.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
If they would quit bullying their classmates things might not get out of hand

When I was a kid that was called establishing the pecking order. My not being the alpha type I was on the reviving end of that all the way through school. With that I learned that I had to stand up for myself.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Yeah this schmuck doesnt realize the 2nd amendment is needed to protect all other amendments, including the first. I do love the hypocrisy though.. He has no issues wanting to strip a right away from everyone else but when its a right he cares about he bitches.

and since his dad works for the FBI he is protected by a firearm at home. A firearm that would be exempted under his repeal oi the 2nd amendment since his dad is law enforcement.
edit on 27-3-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Lose oversize clothing and Velcro strapping defeat this anyways, stupid idea.

Talk about a privacy issue.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Lefties want to ban AR-15's and automatic rifles, then target backpacks as if a shooter would stuff and hide his AR-15 into an LL Bean backpack???

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: face23785

Congress will probably pass a weak measure to say that they did something. Like background checks of anyone under age 21.

There's been support to tackle the mental health issue for years. One side just won't support it because "it's not enough".

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well in a communist state that he wants to promote. You dont have any rights so boo hoo. Stupid liberalism. Pro criminal anti patriot scumbag.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

That's all well and good, what do you do when you have someone who's not all there mentally?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
stason.org...

According to the United Nations, Canada ranks third among the developed
western coutries (behind the US and Norway) in civilian ownership of
firearms.[40] A 1992 survey sponsored by the UN reported that 26% of
Canadians, over 7,000,000 people, own firearms.[41] A 1991 Justice
Department telephone survey indicated there were an average of 2.67
firearms in one of every four Canadian Households, with 71% having
access to a rifle, 64% to a shotgun, and 12% to a handgun. They
calculated that there are over six million legally owned firearms in
Canada. Other authorities insist that this estimate is much too low and
that there are at least 20,000,000 rifles and shotguns in Canada; as
many, per capita, as in the United States. [1]

Past government surveys of much larger populations showed there were at
least 15,000,000 legal firearms back in the 1970s.[39] The government's
own estimate in Dec. 1976, published as part of its gun control
campaign, was 6,000,000 owners with 18,000,000 firearms. During
hearings on the Campbell bill, officials from the office of the Minister
of Justice testified that the long-term average net annual importation
of firearms into Canada (imports minus exports) was 190,000 per year.
Therefore, adding 190,000 per year to the 18,000,000 of 1976, we get a
total of 21,610,000 by Dec 1993. Subtract 610,000 plus one firearm for
every firearm manufactured in Canada during those 17 years as an
allowance for firearms destroyed, dismantled or worn out--and you are
back at 21,000,000 firearms with 7,000,000 owners. [38]

There were 1,221,179 registered restricted firearms in the RCMP FRAS
records in Dec 1993. The unrestricted firearm to "restricted" firearm
ratio is at least 20:1. Conservatively, that means 24,423,580
unrestricted plus 1,221,179 restricted. Allowing for errors in the
RCMP's registration system, we strike off 221,179 registered firearms as
non-existent, which reduces the total to 21,000,000 firearms with
7,000,000 owners. [38]

Restricted firearm ownership increased from 861,571 in Dec 1984 to
1,221,179 in Dec 93, an increase of (1,221,179 - 861,571) divided by
861,571 = 41.74 per cent in 9 years. Those figures are solid, because
they are taken from the Annual Report of the Commissioner of the RCMP.
The NFA estimates that the 1976 figure for total firearms owned,
18,000,000, increased to 21,000,000 by 1993. That represents a "total
firearms" increase of only 16.67 per cent in 17 years, which is again
quite conservative. [38]

None of the above estimates include any figures for illegally imported
firearms, which are known to have increased sharply each time
restrictive, costly, and/or vague legislation has made legal ownership
more complicated, more expensive, and/or more risky. [38]

so depending on which story you believe, regardless of the issue,

Theres a big problem in the u.s. and it lies within your culture, not your guns, get your # together

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

Theres a big problem in the u.s. and it lies within your culture, not your guns, get your # together

Spot on.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster

This is exactly correct. If you plot countries on a chart by gun ownership rate and firearm violence rate, there is no correlation. Statistics 101. It's not the guns.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join