It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Darling Hogg says 1st amendment rights are being trampled because of new clear back pack rule

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Meanwhile inner city schools have had to do this for years, along w ID badges and sometimes metal detectors.
I hope the attention surrounding this issue starts to include those places where gun violence and school kids has been happening for decades only to poc.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Media Darling Hogg says 1st amendment rights are being trampled because of new clear back pack rule

You reap what you sow.

He says it's ok to infringe my right to own a firearm, and this # bag whines bout backpacks.

Epic cognitive dissonance.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

School I went to did that after Columbine year after I graduated.

Was No Hogg to cry foul lulz.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have the right to make an @ss and a fool of himself on TV, but at the same time, just because the press has made him into the next Mother Sheehan doesn't also make him an expert on anything.

And just because he's been shot at (was he really? or was he just in the area when it happened? he's sort of like the girl on the third floor weeping and carrying on about how violated *she* felt when it was *my* room broken into and *my* roommate sexually assaulted) doesn't mean it gives him special knowledge about what it's like to own guns, fire them, or whether or not a person is or is not mature enough to own them. Has he actually done any of those things? If not, then his "No True Scotsman" fallacy sort of backfires because he's calling for all of those things to be regulated when he has no special insight on them just by being shot at.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

originally posted by: notsure1
Well a little dose of reality is hitting the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas .

They will only be allowed clear backpacks in school. Boy the students are not liking this new rule lol.

So here is what Media Darling David Hogg had to say..

It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is,”

LMAO Isnt that cute? Hey David we are not trying to take your backpacks man, we are trying to live.

Remember the girl with a buzzcut who went on Ellen with him? Here is what she had to say.

I’m not happy with it. Why are you punishing me for one person’s actions?

Oh man you can not make this stuff up.

Parkland, FL — After the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida last month, a group of anti-gun high school children became the darlings of the anti-gun movement. They were given widespread coverage and platforms on all mainstream media networks to call for the disarming of Americans. They were sanctioned by the government to do so—and now they are getting what they asked for—less rights

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Do we see this going on on the rest of this thing called a planet?

IMO opinion... NOPE...

Only in America....

It is so sad to see how our fellow citisens of the planet have devolved and what the future will bring.

Sad....

Sadly...

Lags

Ps. most people will go by something that was written ONLY which is called the 2nd amendment... I would like to know what it takes to have a new amendment made in your USA lawbooks!?

Seriously, some people should think for themselves instead of biding by a text that was written in 1791...

Bloody hell... 1791....

Pathetic and uninformed.

How about you think for yourself instead of towing your far left line.

Nowt to do with towing a line pal.

I created a thread recently to ask this question as YES I was uninformed and didn't understand (not pathetic).

Part of thinking for oneself is also looking for others opinions and what others have to share.

Kindest respects

Lags

I'm glad you looked into it. But yes, The logic you presented was pathetic.

Because a document is old, we should stop upholding or abiding by it. Does this apply to your parents as well?

I stand by my harsh, but true description. I've seen better from you.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I must admit, I nearly hurt myself with the epic eye roll I did when I first heard this...

If you're going to protest a rule, at least be aware enough to quote the correct amendment in regards to it.

Clear backpacks are a 4th amendment issue, not a first amendment. Are civics not required anymore?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I still think he gave no thought to the 4th. His 1st amendment rights to expression were being infringed because he couldn't wear the designer back pack he wants to. These are shallow thinkers. Every time a dress code is enforced there is some 1st amendment case made. I think he just latched on to the same idea.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This kid, Hogg, is showing all the signs of being a Democrat party leader and future nominee.
He's whiny, hypocritical, talks a load of sh*t, lies, is only interested in the constitution when it suits and says and does exactly what he is told to. All skills it took the likes of Obama, Pelosi, Clinton et al years to master.

edit on 26/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

yuo are not effected by our laws. therefore but out.

oh woes is me. they cant hide contraband from teachers now that the bags are clear.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You could be right. Which only strengthens the case for his utter ignorance. Notice I didn't say stupid, because I don't think he is stupid, just incredibly naive and ignorant.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it, he and the rest of the protesters would be better advised to deal with peer to peer bullying, rather than parroting the gun control advocacy groups.

But that's just me.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I'm a citizen of the USA not the planet. Trust me if I was I wouldn't need all these traveling documents to visit other countries of this planet....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You forgot that he has great hair like Trudeau.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Interesting fact. almost all gun crimes 75 percent occur in 5 cities in states with stricest gun laws.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Do we see this going on on the rest of this thing called a planet?

IMO opinion... NOPE...

Only in America....

It is so sad to see how our fellow citisens of the planet have devolved and what the future will bring.

Sad....

Sadly...

Lags

Ps. most people will go by something that was written ONLY which is called the 2nd amendment... I would like to know what it takes to have a new amendment made in your USA lawbooks!?

Seriously, some people should think for themselves instead of biding by a text that was written in 1791...

Bloody hell... 1791....

If the date of a document can/should be viewed as worthless based on its age....

What's your take on the Magna Charta; agreed to by King John of England at Runnymede, near Windsor, on 15 June 1215.

Seriously, some people should think for themselves instead of biding by a text that was written in 1215...

Bloody Hell.... 1215

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Young he may be - dickhead he definitely is....and a brainwashed one at that. Just wait until it becomes evident he's the new muppet on the block - he ain't gonna like his life thereafter, wishing he'd just stayed in his mums basement instead of being an active libtard.

Correct - he's a libtard - he'll spend the rest of his life fighting his own logic versus reality.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Cause and effect

The endtimes is sure getting interesting.

Careful what you wish for, you just my get it, that with a cherry on top. What the cherry is, who knows?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: seagull

I still think he gave no thought to the 4th. His 1st amendment rights to expression were being infringed because he couldn't wear the designer back pack he wants to. These are shallow thinkers. Every time a dress code is enforced there is some 1st amendment case made. I think he just latched on to the same idea.

Maybe they whole thing is a calculated 'getting ahead of the story' ruse, before its gets framed around the more legitimate 4th, they wrapped the discussion around the more petty (in this instance) 1st.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sounds like this boy (still wet behind the ears) is finally on the receiving end of worthless BS feel-good platitudes (knee/tear jerkers) in the name of "safety."

As usual, USGOV is NOT RESPONSIBLE for my, your or his safety. That is OUR JOB, period.

You have a right to "safety" via 2A, but no government is charged with providing for your safety. LE exists to enforce the law. Minutes away when seconds count, Etc etc. Full stop! If you choose not to exercise your RIGHT to self-defense then you should be willing to live or (sadly) die by that choice.

Yes, I'll say it now, our firearms are indeed worth more than any number of lost lives. That doesn't change the fact that mental illness, our violent and mostly degenerate culture or major gang infestations shouldn't be addressed.
edit on 3/26/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Now their efforts are about "democracy"

Someone pass the Dramamine, please. And get these children a copy of the DOI and entire Constitution.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yes, I'll say it now, our firearms are indeed worth more than any number of lost lives.

No. Not one single firearm I own is worth more than a life and my right to self-preservation goes well beyond a right to bear arms.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join