It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Darling Hogg says 1st amendment rights are being trampled because of new clear back pack rule

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Partially true, your rights end where mine begin. Therefore your choice is 1) arm yourself or 2) don't. You do not have the right to infringe upon my rights for any reason.

My guns won't be going anywhere. I suspect my fellow Americans would also patently refuse any such unconstitutional (therefore illegal/void) attempt to further infringe on 2A

I can control my own firearms, thanks. Been doing it in one form or another ~55 years

edit on 3/26/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Dude dont admit you own a firearm or they'll kick you out of Antifa.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: JBurns

Yes, I'll say it now, our firearms are indeed worth more than any number of lost lives.

No. Not one single firearm I own is worth more than a life and my right to self-preservation goes well beyond a right to bear arms.

So your own life is worthless?

Let me get this straight. You believe that by surrendoring your firearm(s), that somehow some person accross the country will be safer? You do realize all criminals will hold onto their firearms, right?

I don't know about you, but I would never allow myself/family to be at the mercy of roving gangs, mobs, thugs and killers. No thanks. It is important to maintain the ability to immediately put down any such deadly threat. The safety of my family is my concern. The safety of your family should be your concern. Just as the safety of children in school must be the concern/responsibility of the guardian you entrust their care to.

Stop asking teachers to shield students with their bodies. Just stop. THOSE lives (the ones lost entirely needlessly) don't matter, right? Because they don't support this BS anti-gun feel good narrative?

edit on 3/26/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Stop asking teachers to shield students with their bodies. Just stop. THOSE lives (the ones lost entirely needlessly) don't matter, right? Because they don't support this BS anti-gun feel good narrative?

Has that been the argument?

And I was only being cynical the other day when I likened a bit of this issue to human shields.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I am unsure IIB if anyone posted that particular sentiment here, but it is prevalent on another forum I haunt (DU)

Of course, I have to "restrain" my better sensibilities there.
They actually ban folks for not drinking their cultish koolaid

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If you ain't hiding anything, then who cares?

If a clear backpack means safer schools then why even complain?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

I don't know. I'm not hiding anything, but that doesn't mean I want a full body cavity search at the airport from the TSA.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: notsure1

Where can I sign up to be a leftist propaganda whore?

Seriously. No joke. I need the money, and willing to go all the way.

If any alphabet soup spooks scour ATS, I'm ready--cash advance required.

Maybe we should apply as a team?

We can do a lot of things as a team: you could be a new youtuber personality pushing some new agenda, and I could be your controlled opposition!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

as a parent, i had to replace them at least 3 times a year. If the local walmart didn't have any in stock, we were screwed. Which was most of the time. Maybe i'd drive a couple towns over to find one (i.e., 50 miles away).

They really are a dumb solution. My kids are grown now, but their schools went through the phase of using them. They no longer do.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The local ISD my kids went to instituted clear backpacks after columbine. They did away with it in the mid 2000's.

The backpacks fall apart because they are cheap crappy plastic, and parents who were poor just stopped providing them for their kids.

What about clear purses and pockets:-)
Hum maybe have go clear clothing no coats no sweaters.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

as a parent, i had to replace them at least 3 times a year. If the local walmart didn't have any in stock, we were screwed. Which was most of the time. Maybe i'd drive a couple towns over to find one (i.e., 50 miles away).

They really are a dumb solution. My kids are grown now, but their schools went through the phase of using them. They no longer do.

Reminds me of when my kid's school had a very sad death in football the school stopped the game...a few years.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Where can I sign up to be a leftist propaganda whore?

Seriously. No joke. I need the money, and willing to go all the way.

If any alphabet soup spooks scour ATS, I'm ready--cash advance required.

Maybe we should apply as a team?

We can do a lot of things as a team: you could be a new youtuber personality pushing some new agenda, and I could be your controlled opposition!

Do free pizza on Thursdays. Everyone gets an EBT card good for free pizza on Thursdays. It'll divide the nation right down the middle. There will be picket lines in front of DOmino's. Blood (and pizza sauce) in the streets.

Or itd make a good tv series, better than half the stuff on the hypnotube (especially the news networks).

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'll just leave this here, lol

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It's Amazing to me the Ignorance of some People when it comes to the Reality of Understanding their Constitutional Rights in this Country . You Have Them Because Brave Inspired Men Bequeathed them to you , and some A Holes do not Like that and Want to Take them From You . Understand ? Simple as that . Keep what you Have , or Have Nothing . With Nothing , you become Nothing to the PTB ..............Duh !
edit on 26-3-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Partially true, your rights end where mine begin. Therefore your choice is 1) arm yourself or 2) don't. You do not have the right to infringe upon my rights for any reason.

Ok. I never claimed otherwise. Not sure how that is relevant.

My guns won't be going anywhere. I suspect my fellow Americans would also patently refuse any such unconstitutional (therefore illegal/void) attempt to further infringe on 2A I can control my own firearms, thanks. Been doing it in one form or another ~55 years

Congrats. Again, I'm not sure how that is relevant to what you said.

You said firearms are worth more than a number of lives. That is not only absurd, but also disturbing.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well lets assume mr. Hogg is right here.

He is more than willing to give up second amendment rights for the greater good.

Well I guarantee that every school shooter at some point heard people SAY things that angered them and led them to commit this violence.

So why shouldnt we give up our first amendment rights for safety?

Oh thats right, there are many on the left that do think we should give up those rights too.

Oh well, when we are all silent, unarmed, and totally surveilled, think of how safe we will all be!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yes, I'll say it now, our firearms are indeed worth more than any number of lost lives.

No. Not one single firearm I own is worth more than a life and my right to self-preservation goes well beyond a right to bear arms.

Let me get this straight. You believe that by surrendoring your firearm(s), that somehow some person accross the country will be safer? You do realize all criminals will hold onto their firearms, right?

I don't know about you, but I would never allow myself/family to be at the mercy of roving gangs, mobs, thugs and killers. No thanks. It is important to maintain the ability to immediately put down any such deadly threat. The safety of my family is my concern. The safety of your family should be your concern. Just as the safety of children in school must be the concern/responsibility of the guardian you entrust their care to.

I said nothing about surrendering my firearms. I only commented on your ridiculous statement.

There is no need to create strawmen in order to deflect from the outright stupid things you say.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I said nothing about surrendering my firearms. I only commented on your ridiculous statement.

There is no need to create strawmen in order to deflect from the outright stupid things you say.

It is not ridiculous to say the right to own firearms is in fact worth the cost of some people dying.

As is the right to free speech.

In fact, we make decisions everyday about things not guaranteed by the constitution or bill of rights that we feel are worth more people dying.

For example, we know for a fact that if the maximum speed limit was 30 mph, lives would be saved. Yet as a society, we weigh the benefit of society for fast convenient travel vs. the amount of people that will be hurt, and decide on speed limit laws.

So yes, although the statement may not have been worded the best, it is correct.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lol, what an azzhole, too funny, I have an idea why don't they lead a March on Washington DC to get rid of all the clear backpacks....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

King George III wanted the American Colonists to be Only Armed in Defense of the Crown . It Turned out to be a Bad Move , eh ? Freedom Always Demands a Price......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join