It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Darling Hogg says 1st amendment rights are being trampled because of new clear back pack rule

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster
Theres a big problem in the u.s. and it lies within your culture, not your guns, get your # together

/applause

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

well when we have no liberty the only option is Death! otherwise what is the point

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: canuckster

Theres a big problem in the u.s. and it lies within your culture, not your guns, get your # together

Spot on.

Since most shootings are inner city then that means gangsta rap/culture is to blame then right?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Spot on.

Since most shootings are inner city then that means gangsta rap/culture is to blame then right?

When NWA released straight outta Compton they constantly addressed in interviews that the violence they rapped about was a report on the violence they live with in the inner city.
Gangster rap was a product of the violence they grew up w that kids are still growing up w in inner cities.

Gangster rap was attacked instead of guns.
There was no call to ban certain guns.

Now when white schools suffer mass shootings we finally attack violence and gun culture surrounding kids?

Give me a break.

If people REALLY wanted to address gun violence in the US they’d have to look at inner city and poverty problems and they don’t want that.

That’s how you know there’s an agenda, with only 8 school shootings since 96, and how many black kids shot since then? Nobody REALLY wants to tackle gun violence.

edit on 28-3-2018 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Spot on.

It has something to do with it. It's one piece of the puzzle.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

No, it was bullying. Not boys will be boys, or girls for that matter, which I heard all too often. Establishing pecking orders would be one on one. One on one was never on the menu, it was always one on multiples, the one being me.

When I grew 6 inches and several pounds over a summer, I was finally able to successfully stand my ground, it stopped--at least the physical part of it. Didn't stop the verbal, however. Which, if anything, hurt more. When one is different, one can fall prey to those who don't like different.

That was 40 years ago plus, and the scars are still very evident with me. I have no patience, or tolerance, for bullies of any shape or form.

Hogg, and his acolytes, should be addressing the above, rather than the tools. Take out the utter rage/hate that the shooters are feeling, and these horrific incidents will fall into the dust bin. But that wouldn't get them on TV, or YouTube, or Twitter--so it seems unlikely that they'll be bothered to look at the issue as it should be looked at.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Homeland Security better keep a close eye on David Hogg. After the media attention dies, and he keeps getting rejected by colleges, and Congress comes back from vacation and doesn't enact his demands, the little fella might blow a gasket. And become a bomber or something.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Kids trying to be hard an dmake easy money. Rap these days DOES hav ea part in the tough guy image most inner city kids try to live by.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You guys remember what happened to the guy who made the Kony documentary? Look for something similar to happen to this idiot when they have no more use for him.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: CajunMetal

Kids trying to be hard an dmake easy money. Rap these days DOES hav ea part in the tough guy image most inner city kids try to live by.

And there you go! Black kids get shot every day, but I guess it’s just rap’s fault, let’s blame hip hop. Let’s blame Satan a d heavy metal for suicide.
I guess it’s easier to avoid talking about the root causes of the issues than it is to inflate school shooting numbers at white schools as the real symptom of gun violence.

Again, if they’re concerned about kids dying then we wouldbt just hear about school shootings. Class and racism doesn’t fit into the media and govt’s cozy little frame.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: notsure1

Homeland Security better keep a close eye on David Hogg. After the media attention dies, and he keeps getting rejected by colleges, and Congress comes back from vacation and doesn't enact his demands, the little fella might blow a gasket. And become a bomber or something.

Well it is a good thing anyone who is perceived as important in this country have armed 24 hour security.

To the Democrats I ask this -
If armed officers in school wont work then there is no reason you should have permanent and 24 hour police protection by the Capital police, including the ones stationed in all buildings under their jurisdiction, including the armed checkpoints at the entrances to said building.

Of course we go back to the Democrats mindset from the book Animal Farm.

Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
When I grew 6 inches and several pounds over a summer, I was finally able to successfully stand my ground, it stopped--at least the physical part of it. Didn't stop the verbal, however. Which, if anything, hurt more. When one is different, one can fall prey to those who don't like different.

How old were you?

My son is very small for his age but I'm average height and his dad is 6' 4". His pediatrician thinks he is just a late bloomer but he is in 6th grade, now, and the physical bullying is ramping up. When did you get your growth spurt?

On a related note, my son and some other 6th graders had their legs taken out from underneath them going to their buses after school a couple of weeks ago -- BY 8th graders! One of them got in my son's face and was taunting him with comments like, "Oh, you wiped out so bad!" and laughing at him -- so my son just slung his coat at the kid's face. Apparently, the metal in the zipper hit his face and the weight of the coat knocked the kid to the ground.

I was glad he didn't just take that sh*t because bullies target people they perceive as weak...I am anxious for him to not 'look' like a target to bullies.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Summer before my sixth grade year. I would have been, let's see, 12. Over the next year, or so, I grew maybe two more inches, through high school another inch or so. It wasn't 'til I started working in Alaska, oddly enough, at 22, that I finally reached my full height of 6'4".

I'm sorry your son has to go through that, and glad that he's willing to fight back, or at least defend himself. The best way in the world to combat it is to make friends.

Along with that growth spurt I enjoyed (actually it was a pain in the butt...everything I owned was too small by the end of that summer and early fall...), I found a couple of good friends who'd have my back, as I had theirs. To this day, they remain my closest friends.

It's not having friends, or even not friends, to stand up for you, or with you, that drive so many of these kids, and adults, too, I imagine, to lash out. Most don't, because they've parents who give a #, or safe outlets...I had both. But I remember that utter and complete rage at being helpless when there's four or five of them, and you're alone, and no one will step up to help. I had to deal with that for two years, nearly three. Some of these kids put up with that from day one, 'til something breaks.

This is what those self deluded little brats should be protesting, not what I have in my gun cabinet, or safely locked away in my desk drawer. I'm honest enough with myself to know that my scars from only a couple of years have effected me, even now so many years later. Imagine how much worse for children, now adults, who had a decade worth of it. What kind of anger are they repressing?

...and I'm here to say, though I've not said it anywhere else, this Hogg child is a bully. At best, he's an enabler. Many aren't going to like that I said this...and I don't care. He acts like so many of the self-righteous bullies I dealt with back in the day, and still run across now.

Hmm... Rants over for now. Sorry 'bout that.
edit on 3/29/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join