It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN exposed pushing scripted propaganda at Town Hall event

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
How long before freedom of speech and democracy are removed from use, I bemoan Shariah Law for its hatred of those two things but here we are doing it to ourselves seemingly without their 'help'.

Its hardly a stunning surprise that most people take media outlets with a pinch of salt, impartiality, that's a dirty word..

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivor Colton Haab appeared on FOX News' Tucker Carlson Tonight to talk about his saga with CNN and how they "scripted" a question for him to use at Wednesday night's town hall event hosted by the network and moderated by CNN's Jake Tapper.

Real Clear Politics
edit on 23-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivor Colton Haab appeared on FOX News' Tucker Carlson Tonight to talk about his saga with CNN and how they "scripted" a question for him to use at Wednesday night's town hall event hosted by the network and moderated by CNN's Jake Tapper.

Real Clear Politics

Speaking of Real Clear Politics - looky here at what just cropped up on my feed.......

Link

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

Has anyone else spoken up saying they had their questions changed?

No?

Hmm...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
After talking to my nephews and some of their friends, I realize that you can't just take what CNN and the MSM are pushing right now with a grain of salt, you need to just throw it out. It is deadly consumption.

I am happy that it is getting out that a good number of the students realize they are being lied to and being used. Of course the are not going to let you see those teens if they can help it. You only see what they want you to see and you only hear what they want you to hear.

If you want to know the truth, the last place to look is towards the MSM.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Let's use the gun control argument for CNN.

Past behavior is indicative of future behavior.

THEY LIE!

LIAR,LIAR CONSTITUTION on FIRE!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

No?

Hmm...

Yeah, I asked for PROOF that the guy who spoke up was the only one. You have provided no such proof. Do you really not understand that just because nobody else has spoken out - YET, as far as I know - you can not simply assume that no other questions was changed? This is not rocket science.

Sad to see people like you who are so brainwashed by MSM propaganda that they seem to have lost the ability to think logically. Sad, and also a bit scary. I hope you'll wake up soon from your intellectual coma and start to use that grey thingy between your ears instead of just gobbling up whatever garbage CNN feeds you.

Best of luck and get well soon.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

www.merriam-webster.com...

I don't get why the usual suspects are defending CNN's xenophobic tirade.

Sounded like some snip some supremacy group puts out.

ETA:

I guess gun owners are the new three fifths of a person.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

CNN: How dare you say these kids are lying.

Kid: CNN scripted my questions.

CNN: This kid is lying!

It's great that the MSM can't get away with the propaganda and lies they have been peddling for years without their sheer hypocrisy being revealed for all to see!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Interesting...

From RealClearPolitics regarding what Haab said to Tucker Carlson:

"So if CNN was willing to re-word your question, put their own words in your mouth, and as you said you didn't want to go along with that, do you think they did that to other people last night?" Carlson asked.

"Absolutely, from what I did see, I seen a couple people that had asked questions before I did leave my house. And it was a little piece of paper cut out. And I know for a fact that nobody cut their own paper out and wrote their own question. Especially when they were all based off the same topic. So, to me, it from right there it showed this isn't correct. Why do they all have the same size piece of paper with a short little question on it? So, to me it was a total waste of my time, honestly," Haab said.

"Emma Gonzalez for ? Deutch":

And she had handwritten a personal comment on the the other side that she read before she read the question:

And there were others reading questions from cut strips of paper:

I wonder if you placed all the little pieces of papers together...could you reassemble them into single sheet of printed questions.

Eh, Haab's word against CNN's...I have to give Haab the benefit of the doubt on this.

edit on 2/23/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Nope

As right-wing reporters have now admitted, the kid was full of #, kinda like YOUR OP

DENY IGNORANCE

UPDATE: CNN released the following statement Thursday morning:

CNN did not, and does not, script any questions for town hall meetings, ever.

UPDATE @8:47AM ET: CNN released a more extensive statement that explained the situation.

In a longer statement, CNN confirmed Haab was invited by the network to participate but his father decided to withdraw his name from participation. CNN said Haab wanted to give an extensive speech and not just ask a question, something the network said the forum was not designed for. CNN noted the subject Haab wanted to address, arming teachers, was discussed at length in the 2-hour long town hall event.

CNN has invited Haab to appear on the network.

Full statement from CNN's Richard Hudock:

There is absolutely no truth to this. CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night's town hall, nor have we ever. After seeing an interview with Colton Haab, we invited him to participate in our town hall along with other students and administrators from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Colton’s father withdrew his name from participation before the forum began, which we regretted but respected. We welcome Colton to join us on CNN today to discuss his views on school safety.

According to a CNN insider Haab wanted to give an extensive speech and not just ask a question, something the network said the forum was not designed for. When the family was told this they decided to pull out of the event. The CNNer also noted the subject Haab wanted to address, arming teachers, was discussed at length in the 2-hour long town hall.

LINK

What?

What part of that link confirms what you say? "CNN put out statement therefore they must be telling the truth" ?

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

No?

Hmm...

Breitbart - Second Accuser: Parkland Student’s Father Says CNN Only Interested in ‘Certain Narrative’

Klein said of CNN’s one-sided townhall: “Laura, that’s not surprising at all. I actually spoke to a CNN producer on Thursday, the day after the shooting,” he said, adding, “and the producer insinuated to me they were looking for people who were willing to espouse a certain narrative, which was taking the tragedy and turning it into a policy debate; and I read that as being a gun control debate.”

When by Ingraham specifically what the CNN producer said, Klein reported, “The producer said we are looking for people who want to talk about the policy implications about what happened in terms of — she didn’t mention guns — the policy implications for preventing mass shootings.”

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow!
Talk about "Never letting a tragedy go to waste".
They will literally do anything for views and to push their narrative.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Colton Haab has just being interviewed by Tucker Carlson on Fox where he reiterated that CNN re-wrote his question. Haab said that he originally wrote a statement then was asked to just submit questions and once that was done they sent him an entirely different question to read.

Haab also inferred that it appeared that all the questions were scripted and referenced that all the students who asked questions had the exact same size/type of notepaper with a single question written on it.

I'll post a YT vid of the interview (went for about 3 minutes) once someone uploads one.

Thanks for those images - that appears to confirm Haabs allegation, and now we have a 2nd person come forward.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I saw 3 students speaking out about CNN pushing an agenda and scripting the questions. I watched the Town Hall. I happen to agree that there should be new limits put on gun ownership.

However, the way Dana Loesch was treated was beyond disgraceful. The way Marco Rubio was treated was disgraceful. And the entire TH was a pile of crap.

The President's meeting with the families, survivors and teachers was far more honest than that CNN propaganda pile of garbage.

Shame on CNN.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I happen to agree that there should be new limits put on gun ownership.

I don't.

If I am such a threat to public safety take me to a GD court of law and prove it beyond all reasonable doubt.

Like that GD piece of paper says to do.

Public lynchings and kangaroo courts of public opinion don't fly.

Why anyone thinks it should is beyond insane.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If you already legally own a gun, then I don't think anyone should be taking it/them away from you. I do agree with changing the age to 21 for future purchasers though. As well as making bump stocks and other high capacity weapons illegal.

I've read the 2nd, nowhere does it give anyone the right to bear any kind of weapons they want. You can't own a rocket launcher, can you? Certain restrictions are acceptable, imho.

Still think CNN is disgraceful though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join