It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN exposed pushing scripted propaganda at Town Hall event

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Time will tell I guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

source

According to the metadata of the Word document containing the email that was provided to Fox, it appears that Glenn last edited it.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well that's odd.

CNN released emails from a network producer on Friday that contradict a Florida high school student's claim that the network scripted a question that he was supposed to ask at a televised town hall event this week.

Why did CNN have those kids email addresses to begin with?

For a supposed spontaneous event.

Cnn denied of course.

Still doesn't change they were emailing each other.

Which is more proof that snip show WAS scripted.
edit on 24-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

WTH? "He needs to stick with this," is in both *versions* of the email. That's the troubling part, to me. If he wanted to change his question or expound, then he should have been able to.

And, BTW, there were several people that said a lot more than simply asking a "quick question." So I don't know why CNN would tell Colton that he had to just ask a quick question and could say nothing more.

Scripted....no matter how the partisan news spins it at CNN, FOX, and the HuffPo. I don't give any of them the benefit of the doubt. I've seen all three operate unethically in reporting 'the news.' Only a partisan would trust one or more of those news sources.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

News organizations are businesses, they are in it for the money. They put on the pretext of broadcasting the truth and do fall short. If they stray too far a field they will be called on it though.

In this case they came to an agreement with a student. The students father submitted a reply he wanted the student to give. CNN objected to the change. If you want to believe it's to squash certain opinions, that's your right. Personally I hear to much of people feeling they are being silenced by some liberal conspiracy. If this were coming from the other side I'm sure I would see the term "snowflake" flying around.

The father then deleted "that he submitted" from the email, that CNN called into question, to make it appear more egregious on CNN's part.

I know "scripted" is the latest boogeyman word being used, and the right loves to hate CNN. So this played right into the already accepted beliefs of some.

But, this is more of a business decision then a political one. Do news outlets try to control what goes on the air? Absolutely. The reasons have far more to do with profit then politics.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

For a supposed spontaneous event.

Have you ever organized a television event? No? Then you have no idea, do you? There are logistics to manage, both in terms of the physical space, equipment, and technical personnel, and in terms of "content," which includes time management, cohesion, civility, and other factors that can affect the direction of a televised event. There is nothing "spontaneous" about a media event.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft Almost everything is scripted silly, welcome to Earth.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You are noticing you are getting virtually no support for your accusations, not saying thats good or bad LOL but its almost like you are being contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.

Yes both sides are rotten, and FOX CNN etc. are about as legit as Pravda, problem is they still attract mass audiences, that believe their mass bull chit,that supports their preconceived mass mind set. Still think TPTB want the fighting and name calling between sides, it diverts attention away from the real issues or what they are really doing. Who gives a chit what the Donald tweets, just pay attention to wants he is doing that is not in the spotlight. This 2 part system exist to keep both sides divided enough to be manipulated.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I have lost respect for ALL MSM. It is all biased, skewed and misleading.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Father Of Florida Shooting Survivor Admits He Altered Email From CNN

The father of a Florida shooting survivor who accused CNN of wanting him to ask a “scripted” question during a town hall on gun rights last week admitted to altering the contents of an email he received from a producer working on the show.

Glenn Haab, the father of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he left out some words when forwarding an email that he and his son received from CNN producer Carrie Stevenson. Haab sent an altered version of the email to HuffPost and Fox News last week in an attempt to corroborate his son’s claim.

He told AP that there was “nothing malicious behind” his decision to leave out certain words. But the omitted words show that CNN was clearly asking his son to stick to asking the question he had already submitted.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Aaaand time has told.

Lemme guess....abandon thread, abandon thread!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You are noticing you are getting virtually no support for your accusations, not saying thats good or bad LOL but its almost like you are being contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.

I am not making accusations, I am suggesting avenues that need to be explored to determine the facts. The facts are now in:

The father of one of the students had a manifesto (ie; "script") that he wanted his son to read at a media event. The organizers of the event, for whatever reason, did not want the boy to read it on live television. The father withdrew permission for the boy to participate, and in his disappointment, the boy muttered "it's all scripted" to a local TV reporter. The right wing echo chamber seized on this as evidence of some sort of conspiracy. (Why shouldn't a TV show be scripted? "The Apprentice" was.) Anyway, after days of angry Fox interviews and screeds,condemning CNN for its "fake, Anti-American news," the father finally had to admit that CNN was telling the truth all along..

But this recantation will not be heard in the echo chamber. This incident will remain as further proof that CNN lies.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Well, bless your heart, aren't you a party-pooper!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It was inevitable.

Only one side was naive enough to alter the emails, and as much as everyone hates cnn, this isn’t their first rodeo.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Another rwnj meme proved to be a lie. I have to ask. Do rwnj’s ever get tired of being led around by their noses?

Better luck with the next lie. www.mediaite.com...

edit on 28-2-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

The father of a Florida shooting survivor who accused CNN of wanting him to ask a “scripted” question during a town hall on gun rights last week admitted to altering the contents of an email he received from a producer working on the show.

Glenn Haab, the father of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he left out some words when forwarding an email that he and his son received from CNN producer Carrie Stevenson. Haab sent an altered version of the email to HuffPost and Fox News last week in an attempt to corroborate his son’s claim.

He told AP that there was “nothing malicious behind” his decision to leave out certain words. But the omitted words show that CNN was clearly asking his son to stick to asking the question he had already submitted.

From the AP story:

Glenn Haab told The Associated Press he omitted some words from the email but said he didn't do it on purpose.

"There was nothing malicious behind it," he said.
Link

Can we get an actual quote from Mr. Haab saying he "omitted some words from the email but said he didn't do it on purpose." Those are the AP's words that appear to be paraphrasing something they claim Mr. Haab said.

The only thing the AP directly quoted him as saying is, ""There was nothing malicious behind it."

I'd like to see the full quote or better yet, hear him use his own words.

Also, who, at the AP, spoke with Mr. Haab? Who heard him acknowledge or admit to changing words in the email?

I think the Haabs have slunk off into obscurity (paid to keep quiet, now, perhaps?) and the rest of the 'news' is happily wrapping this all up in CNN's favor.

The fact is, CNN not only provided other media outlets with their *version* of the email, in question....THEY ALSO PROVIDED THE HAABS' VERSION, TOO. That bizarre fact seems to have escaped most people.

But, since the Haabs have gone quiet...I can't blame anyone for thinking the worst about Glenn Haab. And I hope he is treated like a fraud if he is ok with allowing the media to portray him as one. Either way...screw him. However, it's plain to see that all is not as it seems with this story and CNN is no victim.

edit on 2/28/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I hear you, don't get me wrong I think both sides are manipulate big time,which I can't stand. Which is why most people seek out the quasi news platforms that already validate their belief systems, therefore never exposing the true news or even acknowledging the opposing side right to their opinion. As it now you hear a news story under whatever spin, and have to wade through reports on that news from a multitude of sources to even halfway understand what is really going on. Most don't have the time nor the inclination to research thus their views never change and the sides get farther and farther apart. Still believe it's the extremes that get the bulk of the op ed points thrown out there to digested, until we find those things most us all agree on and build from there, this country will have a hard time achieving its maximum potential. It's got to find a new center and tighten up those extreme sides to the middle instead of spinning the middle towards the extremists on the periphery. Think a good start is elimination or curtailing the influence of corporate lobbyists.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

But CNN....this outfit takes the cake. In 50 years our children will come to view CNN as this generation views Nazism.

All the format for modern media programming was invented by Joseph Goebbels , Propaganda Minister for the Third Reich.,

It began with the variety show, a mix of radio programming shows that included sports, weather, music, talent and serial style programs, attracting as many people as possible to hear the "news" bits in between that relayed the message the state wanted the people to hear. In the age of Television that art is developed to a fine science.

Everyone is on the same page nowadays, thanks to Goebbel's propaganda genius.

Goebbe's speech, Berlin Radio Convention, 1933

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wrong, of course:

In the early radio age, content typically included a balance of comedy, drama, news, music and sports reporting. Variety radio programs included the most famous Hollywood talent of the day. During the 1920s, radio focused on musical entertainment, the Grand Ole Opry, has been focused on broadcasting country music since it began in 1925. Radio soap operas began in the U.S. in 1930 with Painted Dreams. Lørdagsbarnetimen, a Norwegian children's show, with its premiere in 1924 interrupted only by the Second World War, was the longest running radio show in the world until it ceased production in 2010.

en.wikipedia.org...

Where do you get this nonsense from?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join