It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN exposed pushing scripted propaganda at Town Hall event

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Everything you see on TV is now suspect and should not be believed to any extent without first doing your own due diligence.

I knew it was too good to be true! There's no way those Sham Wow things can soak up so much liquid.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

We can just start here for one item. Come on, you think faux is pure? No wonder you guys back Drump up. Lemmings.

www.npr.org...
www.mintpressnews.com...

Again you deny faux for being WWE news but call out CNN? What is good for the goose is good for the gander, and CNN took that lead from faux plain and simple. It is all rating driven by people who can't critically think for themselves. I'm not saying CNN isn't trash, I'm actually very disappointed in CNN's reporting in the last 2 years. They have turned into clickbait/tabloid news almost worse than faux itself.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: smurfy

[
Cherry picked news is exactly what most of the members who have contributed to this thread want. They want to believe that the mainstream media is lying to them, so they would rather take a claim made on YouTube at face value than do some research to verify it.

If people used their noggin' right then they would realise that it would be only too easy in a live forum to simply ask the questions they wanted to ask in the 'first place' had that situation been as reported, the young chap in the news report had those questions still in his hand as you can see in the news report when you freeze frame it.

Which questions? His? CNN's? The NRA's?

As you can see above, he has a typewritten sheet in his hands, and one question is as quoted above, I would imagine that any of the questions would been a pros and cons, matter of debate once asked.

The event was organized by CNN, so naturally they were in control. By walking out-- whatever the reason-- Haab guaranteed that he would be heard and his opinion transmitted through the right wing echo chamber. In other words, it may simply be a publicity stunt. Nevertheless, he has First Amendment rights just like CNN.

Hmmm...who to give the benefit of the doubt....

...CNN or the hero junior ROTC student that reportedly ushered 60-70 students to safety and shielded others with kevlar sheets?

I guess people just have to decide for themselves who is most credible.

It seems that they are equally credible as he did not say what the OP claimed he said. We shall dissect the OP in a little while.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

[
Cherry picked news is exactly what most of the members who have contributed to this thread want. They want to believe that the mainstream media is lying to them, so they would rather take a claim made on YouTube at face value than do some research to verify it.

If people used their noggin' right then they would realise that it would be only too easy in a live forum to simply ask the questions they wanted to ask in the 'first place' had that situation been as reported, the young chap in the news report had those questions still in his hand as you can see in the news report when you freeze frame it.

Which questions? His? CNN's? The NRA's?

As you can see above, he has a typewritten sheet in his hands, and one question is as quoted above, I would imagine that any of the questions would been a pros and cons, matter of debate once asked.

The event was organized by CNN, so naturally they were in control. By walking out-- whatever the reason-- Haab guaranteed that he would be heard and his opinion transmitted through the right wing echo chamber. In other words, it may simply be a publicity stunt. Nevertheless, he has First Amendment rights just like CNN.

...CNN or the hero junior ROTC student that reportedly ushered 60-70 students to safety and shielded others with kevlar sheets?

It seems that they are equally credible as he did not say what the OP claimed he said. We shall dissect the OP in a little while.

I didn't rely on the OP. I watched the video of the student and listened to what he said.

Like...why on earth would I just rely on a written quote, when I could hear it from the kid, himself, on a video that was just a couple of minutes long?

LOL.

You go ahead and dissect the OP...then maybe tomorrow or next week, you can just watch the 2 minutes of video and hear what the kid has to say straight from his mouth.
edit on 2/22/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
@DJW001

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

This story is evidence that the right is also exploiting this massacre to advance its agenda. How do we know that this student is real? Maybe he is a "crisis actor" hired by the right, or an alt-right student?

You're an aspiring journo - now's your chance to shine and present the evidence to reflect your allegations.

Well, it's all over the news now and I chose Mark Pantano because I find him credible, there were many other sources I could have used at the time I posted my OP. So, 6 pages later after bleeting on about my inability to verify info, where are your counters that he is a crisis actor supplanted by team-Trump blah blah?

???
edit on 22/2/2018 by Sublimecraft because: of the dreaded bbcode conspiracy

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

This story is evidence that the right is also exploiting this massacre to advance its agenda. How do we know that this student is real? Maybe he is a "crisis actor" hired by the right, or an alt-right student?
Doubt it... it's the radical left and the Clintons who do this thing. Everyone's been part of the corrupt Clinton/Obama regime ... and Obama is corrupt. An interloper who hates America. Yes it does bother me when Left learners use the derogatory name "Murrica" to describe my beloved country,

Thank you posting that. I'd give you a thousand stars if I could. It bothers me too and just shows that a lot of people don't know when they have a good thing. There a lot of great places in the wold to live but none as great as this country.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

More fake news from CNN. Why are they allowed to continue to broadcast lies is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Yet faux, Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Rush are exempt? pfffft.. Talk about double standards.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
There a lot of great places in the wold to live but none as great as this country.

Whooo thanks for that. That's about the funniest thing I think I've read all day. Oh man....thank you I was kinda dour before this. This cheered me right up.. ....

Bahahahhahahaahahhahaha....whoooo ok ok im done now...hahahahha

Holy crap I'd rather kill myself than live in America. Seriously. Why would I want to live in a country where the topic of this thread is even an issue? Not to mention the idea of having to pay to go to a hospital, that an ambulance may leave me to die because I have the wrong insurance and countless other things that make America probably one of the last places I'd want to live in this world. America's a #ing joke ass third world # hovel...

edit on 22/2/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

We can just start here for one item. Come on, you think faux is pure? No wonder you guys back Drump up. Lemmings.

www.npr.org...
www.mintpressnews.com...

Again you deny faux for being WWE news but call out CNN? What is good for the goose is good for the gander, and CNN took that lead from faux plain and simple. It is all rating driven by people who can't critically think for themselves. I'm not saying CNN isn't trash, I'm actually very disappointed in CNN's reporting in the last 2 years. They have turned into clickbait/tabloid news almost worse than faux itself.

Really? Breitbart apologized for saying a Clinton indictment is likely. You consider that fake news? And then a left wing media source says Fox tells the truth 10% of the time.

Let me ask you, even though I'm sure the answer is never, how many times have you watched Fox News? They're the only network I've watched that uses full video clips so you know they're not cherry picking, and they always have at least two different angles to show you. One Republican, one democrat. I watched all the rallies that were aired, all the debates, and the only people I saw that cherry picked to make Clinton look good and Trump look bad were CNN, ABC, NBC, and CBS. Hannity is about as biased as you can get, but he doesn't lie. He DOES leave out anything that makes Republicans look bad and I don't like that, but the rest aren't like he is. The rest of them will bash Trump in a heartbeat if it's something worth bashing him for. I've seen all but Hannity do it.

That whole "Stand on 5th Avenue and shoot someone" was a totally misconstrued, cherry picked segment that most anti-Trumpers still think is true. Do you think he said he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue, shoot someone and not lose any voters? I bet you do.

"They say I have the most loyal people -- did you ever see that? -- where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters," Trump said, illustrating his point by pulling his fingers into a gun shape. "Okay? It's like incredible."

They'll never say that Trump began that with "They say". THEY. Say. Changes the entire comment. That's just one of hundreds of examples.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It was definitely propaganda.

www-tc.pbs.org...

All eight targets were hit.

LOL. Even when they are explaining propaganda they are spreading propaganda! Take this quote from the linked page:

UNWARRANTED EXTRAPOLATION – making huge predictions about the future on the basis
of a few small facts. Example: If the U.S. approves NAFTA, thousands of jobs and factories will move to
Mexico.

So, at the time of drafting and approving NAFTA, there were people who were saying that NAFTA would lead manufacturers like GM, Carrier, and United Tech into moving jobs to Mexico; but PBS says those people were spreading propaganda via an unwarranted extrapolation - even though that's EXACTLY what happened! Unbelievable these people. Even when they are supposedly trying to teach how to spot propaganda, they are using the opportunity to yet again spread their own propaganda!

Here's a valid unwarranted extrapolation PBS could choose to put on that page, that has been proven true: If we designate schools as Gun Free Zones no one will be shot there.
edit on 22-2-2018 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

There a lot of great places in the wold to live but none as great as this country.

Whooo thanks for that. That's about the funniest thing I think I've read all day. Oh man....thank you I was kinda dour before this. This cheered me right up.. ....

Holy crap I'd rather kill myself than live in America. Seriously. Why would I want to live in a country where the topic of this thread is even an issue? Not to mention the idea of having to pay to go to a hospital, that an ambulance may leave me to die because I have the wrong insurance and countless other things that make America probably one of the last places I'd want to live in this world. America's a #ing joke ass third world # hovel...

Hmmm... I guess wherever you live is one of those places I should never go for fear of being identified as American and verbally insulted. One thing about America is that we let everything out into the open. ATS is a US based site. Does your country have such a place to debate openly about the things that a government would otherwise want to keep quiet?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I bet CNN cut his speech and condensed his questions so they could fit in more questions. It would make sense for CNN to do that due to the restricted time available from the Network and the high profile panel members.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

If CNN is against something the odds are good that you'll be on the right side if you are for that something.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well,
That's true, but there was nothing to stop the young man getting up and say whatever he had in mind, regardless of any script, (of which, BTW nobody has said what was in that script as yet anyway) and the CNN forum was a live event at that time, where anything can happen...it makes no sense then to script people like that, other than have a time limit and any other tecnical requirement needed, especially if they all know each other from a school environment in this case. It was the youngster that pulled out, or that his dad pulled him out is the official line.
Scripting any open place forum? it just won't work.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Again, quit defending the indefensible. Faux new defined WWE style news, that spins segments of the truth for their intended audience. Others are now following suit. Admit it, everyone else can see it except for you. Quit throwing stones, they go through your glass house.

I can pick and choose a million different examples where faux spins, screws up, or exaggerates the truth and has for years. Hannity and O'Riley(when he was on) lie every night. Yes I've watched faux news. What is really funny when I travel is a lot of hotels will have faux on one site, and CNN on the other. Both reporting the same story, both have two completely different stories. Both are wrong.

Keep fighting, it helps us understand why you guys still think Trump is going to save us all.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

LOL - that's my surprised face...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Pyle

If CNN is against something the odds are good that you'll be on the right side if you are for that something.

What? So you are just for everything the opposite of CNN? No thought or consideration? Just a sheep to your own rule?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There is no way that CNN didn't broadcast live without a delay. It's standard...just in case someone cusses or tries to shoot themselves in the head on live television, for example.

Of course CNN could easily script any townhall and if any participant went rogue/off-script...they could easily censor or cut to commercial.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Hmmm... I guess wherever you live is one of those places I should never go for fear of being identified as American and verbally insulted. One thing about America is that we let everything out into the open. ATS is a US based site. Does your country have such a place to debate openly about the things that a government would otherwise want to keep quiet?

Why yes. Yes it does in fact I feel more open talking about my things in my country than I would in America. You know.all that people being offended stuff you guys talk about just doesn't happen here. I like to read about it just so I can see how #ed it really is down there. Ya no my country's pretty #ing awesome to live in. It's not like I haven't been to America either this comes also from first hand experience being in the country as well.

And I mean what kind.of country lets their election come down to a tax dodging possibly murderous criminal or a tax dodging criminal that bankrupted a bunch of businesses and destroyed several low income neighborhoods. Seriously it's not even funny and you all argue like it would have made the slightest #ing difference who won. America would be the funniest #ing reality show in the world if you forget that they seem intent on destroying and conquering it.

It'a pretty funny how Americans think their country is so #ing free. It's pretty #ing laughable especially when such ignorance about the rest of the world comes with it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join