It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN exposed pushing scripted propaganda at Town Hall event

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Just exactly how many more hoops do I have to jump through to practice a clear right?

I've read the 2nd, nowhere does it give anyone the right to bear any kind of weapons they want.

The only word used in the second is arms.

Trying reading the rest of those amendments.

Due process where crimes committed have to be proven in courts of law, and the only person that is to be held answerable is the person that actually committed them.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

IN the past, the SC has interpreted the 2nd differently than you. They have previously put limits and restrictions on the 2nd and if it goes to the SC again, you will lose. There is a precedent already set by the SC.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

In its 1997 decision in the case, the Supreme Court ruled that the provision of the Brady Act that compelled state and local law enforcement officials to perform the background checks was unconstitutional on 10th amendment grounds.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That is not the restrictions I am referring to. I am referring to the SC ruling on what kinds of weapons (or "arms") are allowed under the 2nd.

Previously the SC has upheld a ban on "sawed off shotguns" and several kinds of "assault rifles".

READ: US vs. Miller 1939
Also, look up the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, that was in place from 1994 - 2004 (upheld by the SC on several attempts to overturn)
edit on 23-2-2018 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Where does it specify type here?

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Assault weapon is a made up term by FACISTS to infringe a clear right spelled out.

The Assault weapons ban and ALL gun control is illegal.

I don't expect a bunch of political hacks on the Scotus to understand that.

Read it and don't ignore it like all the anti gun bots have been doing.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can we see everyone's surprised face?

Surprise, surprise !!
edit on 23-2-2018 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Who cares?

They have infringed and you are not going to do anything but yap on the web about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Right!

Who should care about their own civil liberty!

A bunch of people that can't drink or even vote for the most part get a say in that.

Glad we got that sorted.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What civil liberty? There are already restrictions placed on arms and you have not used the ones you have to fight that tyranny so it is all just hot air.

You have been here saying the same thing for 8 years with no change. [insert Einstein meme here]

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

here are already restrictions placed on arms and you have not used the ones you have to fight that tyranny so it is all just hot ai

Tell that to the easliy influenced at CNN.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Why? You are the ones who are always talking about the 2nd being there to fight tyranny and you have yet to water the tree of liberty, so that is on you not those who want to ban guns.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Gun control *may* resolve one problem, while opening up half a dozen others. Any proposed action must be well thought out, logical, technically accurate and most importantly totally divorced from emotion

So far, nobody has been able to present a solution that even comes close to meeting this basic rubric.
edit on 2/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

And he was right.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft. CNN and Fox News. It’s all partisan propaganda for those that want to subscribe to a side.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwampTeeth
a reply to: Sublimecraft. CNN and Fox News. It’s all partisan propaganda for those that want to subscribe to a side.

No, not really.
Fox is slowly sliding down the slope, toward the toilet contents of social liberalism.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

It’s funny how people like you assume that because I don’t just blindly believe every hysterical right wing story that comes my way like you do, it automatically makes me “brainwashed by msm propaganda”.

Nope, I’m just not blinded my either. You should try it some time.

MAGA, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

pretty much accepted this guy is a student...

Colton Haab is a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and a member of the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps.
He gathered 60 to 70 people into a Junior ROTC room to take shelter from the gunman during the shooting.
He unrolled Kevlar sheets — a material used in bulletproof vests — and put them in front of the students.
The gunman didn't enter the room, but his quick thinking saved lives.

Horrific details of the February 14 shooting at a Florida high school that killed 17 people and injured 15 continue to emerge. But there are also stories of heroes, like geography teacher Scott Beigel who was killed protecting students, and whose quick thinking and bravery saved lives.

Another such hero is Colton Habb, a 17-year-old student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who is also a member of the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps. When the gunfire began, Habb gathered around 60 people into a Junior ROTC room to hide from the attacker.

He didn't just provide a safe haven — he made it bulletproof. Habb unrolled Kevlar sheets, a material used in bulletproof vests, and put them in front of the students.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It’s funny how people like you assume that because I don’t just blindly believe every hysterical right wing story that comes my way like you do, it automatically makes me “brainwashed by msm propaganda”.

Nope, I’m just not blinded my either. You should try it some time.

MAGA, right?

Again with the assumptions. I am not a Trump supporter. Bernie Sanders was "my" guy.

I am however happy that Hillary Clinton lost, I consider her to be truly evil and a much, much more dangerous person than Trump. I would also have considered it the death of democracy in the US if she had managed to cheat her way into the White House. Stealing the nomination from Bernie Sanders was as far as she got, thankfully.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Take a look at this Sublime:

Got this from reddit:
Source

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Please don’t accuse me of something that you’ve done yourself.

Yes CNN has an agenda here, but in my opinion, nowhere near as nefarious as what’s being portrayed, it was one question. My point still stands, no one else has said they got moderated.

Haab is a hero for sure, but he’s also not left leaning, is he?

He too is playing a role in a right wing agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join