It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN exposed pushing scripted propaganda at Town Hall event

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I bet CNN cut his speech and condensed his questions so they could fit in more questions. It would make sense for CNN to do that due to the restricted time available from the Network and the high profile panel members.

Exactly. He had pages and pages. Incidentally, it is not at all clear what he meant by "scripted." Clearly, CNN did not hand Marco Rubio a script. Neither did they hand Haab a script. That is an allegation made by the blogger/propagandist quoted in the OP not supported by the statement the young man makes in the video.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
CNN also pays airports to be on the TV...insider.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's all about controlling the narrative.

CNN is trying to make wanting freedom a bad thing.

CNN is promoting a police-state ideology.

I feel like we should be calling PEOPLE out not just some 3-letter acronym. Who are the decision-makers behind CNN's quest for a police-state-of-mind??

Otherwise there is no possibility for accountability.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
There a lot of great places in the wold to live but none as great as this country.

Whooo thanks for that. That's about the funniest thing I think I've read all day. Oh man....thank you I was kinda dour before this. This cheered me right up.. ....

Bahahahhahahaahahhahaha....whoooo ok ok im done now...hahahahha

Holy crap I'd rather kill myself than live in America. Seriously. Why would I want to live in a country where the topic of this thread is even an issue? Not to mention the idea of having to pay to go to a hospital, that an ambulance may leave me to die because I have the wrong insurance and countless other things that make America probably one of the last places I'd want to live in this world. America's a #ing joke ass third world # hovel...

Hmmm... I guess wherever you live is one of those places I should never go for fear of being identified as American and verbally insulted. One thing about America is that we let everything out into the open. ATS is a US based site. Does your country have such a place to debate openly about the things that a government would otherwise want to keep quiet?

Why yes. Yes it does in fact I feel more open talking about my things in my country than I would in America. You know.all that people being offended stuff you guys talk about just doesn't happen here. I like to read about it just so I can see how #ed it really is down there. Ya no my country's pretty #ing awesome to live in. It's not like I haven't been to America either this comes also from first hand experience being in the country as well.

And I mean what kind.of country lets their election come down to a tax dodging possibly murderous criminal or a tax dodging criminal that bankrupted a bunch of businesses and destroyed several low income neighborhoods. Seriously it's not even funny and you all argue like it would have made the slightest #ing difference who won. America would be the funniest #ing reality show in the world if you forget that they seem intent on destroying and conquering it.

It'a pretty funny how Americans think their country is so #ing free. It's pretty #ing laughable especially when such ignorance about the rest of the world comes with it.

Let's see, the thread is about CNN scripting questions and my comment about the USA being a great place to live drove you into a vicious, cussing rant laced with insults. I picture you foaming at the mouth hardly able to catch your breath while screaming. Spittle coming out of your mouth with every word. Hands in the air... fists balled... and I thought Canadians were mild and polite.

EDIT: big shout out to the US women's Olympic hockey team winning the gold!

edit on 2-22-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

a reply to: neo96

What's your point ?

My point is that we need to discuss whether or not this story is true, otherwise it should just be dumped into the Mud Pit so the right wingers can high five each other over what might just be another "fake news" story. What do you think? Should we ask the Mods to move it? Or is someone going to prove that this is not "disinformation?"

If proof lies in the eye of the accuser, then I'm curious whether or not you wanted proof from Debbie Gibson when she accused Moore of molesting her almost half a century ago or did you decide to take her word for it while expecting Moore to show proof he didn't do it?

Roy Moore said he would sue for libel. He did not, which implies he could not have won his case.

She started the litigation, after he said he would do so. Which is not the same as what you state.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: SoulSurfer

If you own guns out of fear you will never truly be free. Vanquish your fears and you will finally taste freedom.

Go tell that to all the women that bought a gun out of fear, tell us how well it goes.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

a reply to: SoulSurfer

I do not own a gun because I am not afraid. You fear your own shadow, so you belie e that demons are outside you rather than within you.

Good for you.

Here in the real world, better safe than sorry. Prudence. Not fear.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: Violater1

Yet faux, Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Rush are exempt? pfffft.. Talk about double standards.

Pretty sure Fox didn’t host a scripted town hall last night, which this thread is about. Try and keep up...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

I feel like we should be calling PEOPLE out not just some 3-letter acronym. Who are the decision-makers behind CNN's quest for a police-state-of-mind??

CNN encompasses an entire subset of society that simply wants the Constitution and Bill of Rights scrapped.

They desire a 3rd-world dictatorship and only want government and criminals armed.

Sorry, I was being redundant.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

CNN caters to the Anti-America crowd. Boycott the products that are advertised on CNN, and let those advertisers (companies) know that you are, and why. I've been doing this periodically since early 2017. Advertising is 45% of CNN's revenue.

Over forty people have read this thread and only two did their due diligence. Everyone else simply took the OP at face value. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but calling people who disagree with you politically "anti-American" is, ironically, un-American.

Doesn’t take due diligence to realize that the “event” last night was scripted by CNN/Tapper. Those truly passionate about something don’t need to read off crib notes and even if they did, they would likely use words they could pronounce easily, not words they would trip over or have to continually reread.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: DJW001

It's possible that Haab is lying about CNN, but there's no disputing that this kid was supposed to ask a question at the town hall. CNN tweeted a statement about it (although they dispute that the scripted anything).

As to whether he's a student...honestly, it would take seeing school enrollment records to *prove* anyone is a student there.

But, apparently, CNN believes he is a student.

Cuedos for doing something the OP didn't do...as in checking it out further,

Maybe it is 10 News that is worth checking out as they may now belong to Sinclair Comms, or Cunningham, which is really the same organisation.

Exactly my point. This is the "Dissecting Disinformation" Forum, not the Mud Pit. Members should do their due diligence before posting here.

Wait, because CNN said they didn’t do, we just accept they didn’t do it? Haven’t we been down this road before and CNN had to apologize, retract, and fire people?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Nope

As right-wing reporters have now admitted, the kid was full of #, kinda like YOUR OP

DENY IGNORANCE

UPDATE: CNN released the following statement Thursday morning:

CNN did not, and does not, script any questions for town hall meetings, ever.

UPDATE @8:47AM ET: CNN released a more extensive statement that explained the situation.

In a longer statement, CNN confirmed Haab was invited by the network to participate but his father decided to withdraw his name from participation. CNN said Haab wanted to give an extensive speech and not just ask a question, something the network said the forum was not designed for. CNN noted the subject Haab wanted to address, arming teachers, was discussed at length in the 2-hour long town hall event.

CNN has invited Haab to appear on the network.

Full statement from CNN's Richard Hudock:

There is absolutely no truth to this. CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night's town hall, nor have we ever. After seeing an interview with Colton Haab, we invited him to participate in our town hall along with other students and administrators from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Colton’s father withdrew his name from participation before the forum began, which we regretted but respected. We welcome Colton to join us on CNN today to discuss his views on school safety.

According to a CNN insider Haab wanted to give an extensive speech and not just ask a question, something the network said the forum was not designed for. When the family was told this they decided to pull out of the event. The CNNer also noted the subject Haab wanted to address, arming teachers, was discussed at length in the 2-hour long town hall.

LINK

edit on 22-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

It's possible that Haab is lying about CNN, but there's no disputing that this kid was supposed to ask a question at the town hall. CNN tweeted a statement about it (although they dispute that the scripted anything).

As to whether he's a student...honestly, it would take seeing school enrollment records to *prove* anyone is a student there.

Maybe it is 10 News that is worth checking out as they may now belong to Sinclair Comms, or Cunningham, which is really the same organisation.

Exactly my point. This is the "Dissecting Disinformation" Forum, not the Mud Pit. Members should do their due diligence before posting here.

Wait, because CNN said they didn’t do, we just accept they didn’t do it? Haven’t we been down this road before and CNN had to apologize, retract, and fire people?

Colton Habb, the student (or his father who withdrew him from the townhall) are welcome to dispute the facts? Silence.

Don't you think that people wrongfully accused of lying would want to publicly defend the smear?

BSers hide in silence when exposed, except here on ATS where anonymity gives them shelter to double down, like yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

CNN encompasses an entire subset of society that simply wants the Constitution and Bill of Rights scrapped.

Said they guy who has made it his day-job to defend a President who both is uniquely ignorant of the constitution and hateful of it's principles.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Said they guy who has made it his day-job to defend a President who both is uniquely ignorant of the constitution and hateful of it's principles.

My day job is painting temporary tattoos on gingers so they'll be accepted by society.

My hobby is pissing off leftists.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Colton Habb, the student (or his father who withdrew him from the townhall) are welcome to dispute the facts? Silence.

Don't you think that people wrongfully accused of lying would want to publicly defend the smear?

BSers hide in silence when exposed, except here on ATS where anonymity gives them shelter to double down, like yourself.
Well let's see...I don't know Colton Haab but I know CNN...I'll bet Colton doesn't have a history of lying but like I said, I know CNN...

CNN recently had to fire some of their liars...I suspect if they fired all of their liars, they'd have to turn out the lights...

There is no reason to dispute the facts...Colton Habb told us what happened...CNN gave their version...The only question is, who ya gonna believe???

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Colton Haab has just being interviewed by Tucker Carlson on Fox where he reiterated that CNN re-wrote his question. Haab said that he originally wrote a statement then was asked to just submit questions and once that was done they sent him an entirely different question to read.

Haab also inferred that it appeared that all the questions were scripted and referenced that all the students who asked questions had the exact same size/type of notepaper with a single question written on it.

I'll post a YT vid of the interview (went for about 3 minutes) once someone uploads one.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the AT&T buyout of Time Warner? That's our only hope for someone to clean house and try to repair the damage done at the network. CNN invented 24x7 news. They need to get their mojo back.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

There is no way that CNN didn't broadcast live without a delay. It's standard...just in case someone cusses or tries to shoot themselves in the head on live television, for example.

Of course CNN could easily script any townhall and if any participant went rogue/off-script...they could easily censor or cut to commercial.

I wasn't talking about that, some head will have been recording as it happens anyway, and would always catch something. and the live audience is there to counter as well don't forget...it's not about the TV audience, it's bums on seats at the event, and there were plenty, students, parents and teachers...and politicians??....cut to commercial if someone doesn't follow a 'script' in those circumstances is silly.

Case in point, transcript,

"So, I had a question for Ms. Loesch but she's not here yet. So for her and the NRA -- she's probably watching -- and all of you puppet politicians that they are backing. Was the blood of my classmates and my teachers worth your blood money?"
"TAPPER: Senator Nelson, you don't have to answer that question. Let's move on to the - - to the next question.
(BOOING)"

Off topic, yet no break to commercial then. (and proves both that, and my previous point as to the young fellow breaking a 'script' and saying what he wanted to say
Funny enough, when Loesch was speaking at the forum she did come out with a porky, ( about expanding background checks) saying that the NRA are in favour of doing that...their website says different....but you can look it up, can't you?
edit on 22-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
sent him an entirely different question to read.
Haab also inferred that it appeared that all the questions were scripted and referenced that all the students who asked questions had the exact same size/type of notepaper with a single question written on it.

We know what his question was, what was the question CNN transcribed??

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join