It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN exposed pushing scripted propaganda at Town Hall event

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's all about controlling the narrative.

CNN is trying to make wanting freedom a bad thing.

CNN is promoting a police-state ideology.

That is exactly what they are doing. Mark Dice Shares a similar story:
Student Exposes CNN's Scripted Town Hall Discussion on Gun Control

S&F Sublime

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Yes, it is all about controlling the narrative. Haab's narrative is that the solution to gun violence is more guns. Where does that narrative come from? Perhaps he was handed a script from a right wing source that equates violence with freedom.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Or perhaps he thinks for himself like the rest of us. See, i dont want to depend on NO government to "protect me" when I can protect myself. It's called survival instinct. Not Russian propaganda.

Congress shall make no laws taking away our rights to bear arms. It is the law of the land. Anything outside of this is TREASON.

Also Hitler took the guns from the Jews. Communist Stalin took the guns from his people. And where did that lead? The holocaust and mass murdering s of civilians done by the government. We would be stupid if we repeated history again. Government dictatorships happens every now and then. And people need to defend against such things. We have the right to do so.
edit on nd2018000000Thursdaynd000000Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:17:13 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 22 Feb 2018 13:17:13 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
[
Cherry picked news is exactly what most of the members who have contributed to this thread want. They want to believe that the mainstream media is lying to them, so they would rather take a claim made on YouTube at face value than do some research to verify it.

If people used their noggin' right then they would realise that it would be only too easy in a live forum to simply ask the questions they wanted to ask in the 'first place' had that situation been as reported, the young chap in the news report had those questions still in his hand as you can see in the news report when you freeze frame it.
Example; "What steps can be taken to utilise and select retired military in this capacity"

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

[
Cherry picked news is exactly what most of the members who have contributed to this thread want. They want to believe that the mainstream media is lying to them, so they would rather take a claim made on YouTube at face value than do some research to verify it.

If people used their noggin' right then they would realise that it would be only too easy in a live forum to simply ask the questions they wanted to ask in the 'first place' had that situation been as reported, the young chap in the news report had those questions still in his hand as you can see in the news report when you freeze frame it.

Which questions? His? CNN's? The NRA's?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If you own guns out of fear you will never truly be free. Vanquish your fears and you will finally taste freedom.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What I find absolutely silly is CNN is just following Faux's approach. Faux invented fake news many years ago, and the right gobbled it up hook line and sinker. What is funny is to see them flip when CNN does it. The difference between the left and the right is that the left can admit that the news is getting major spin control, scripted, WWE style while the right continues to eat out of that hand.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If you own guns out of fear you will never truly be free. Vanquish your fears and you will finally taste freedom.

I want the freedom to protect myself from EVIL LIARS and manipulators. That new Age garbage does not work on me. (Which is luciferian btw.)

Alright, then let Trump Disarm all Liberals. See how that works for you. Just saying. You want to get rid of guns, hand them over to government Trump. You distrust him right? Do you see my point?

Im not based on fears. Im based on my freedom to bear arms and defend myself against anything. Foreign AND domestic.
edit on nd2018000000Thursdaynd000000Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:34:54 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 22 Feb 2018 13:34:54 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

[

As you can see above, he has a typewritten sheet in his hands, and one question is as quoted above, I would imagine that any of the questions would been a pros and cons, matter of debate once asked.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I do not own a gun because I am not afraid. You fear your own shadow, so you belie e that demons are outside you rather than within you.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

[

As you can see above, he has a typewritten sheet in his hands, and one question is as quoted above, I would imagine that any of the questions would been a pros and cons, matter of debate once asked.

The event was organized by CNN, so naturally they were in control. By walking out-- whatever the reason-- Haab guaranteed that he would be heard and his opinion transmitted through the right wing echo chamber. In other words, it may simply be a publicity stunt. Nevertheless, he has First Amendment rights just like CNN.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So those sheets of paper are not evidence that CNN handed him a script. Thank you, point made.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Does anyone ever sit back and wonder why CNN-slop is pushed onto the public on an ongoing basis without any reprimand from government for their brazen social engineering? Ever wonder exactly who is instigating the pushing, and why?

I have, and you know what I have realized is there are
a quite a few folks who were in on the election rigging
that have now gone to work at CNN, N?BC, etc.

This may explain some of it?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Moving on, not only does the OP compare a legitimate media outlet to Nazism, s/he expresses disbelief that the government is permitting them to express their opinion (this organized event is the equivalent of an op/ed page in a newspaper) without punishing them! What does it matter if you have guns if you are unable to think freely?
edit on 22-2-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
cnn is trash

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
What I find absolutely silly is CNN is just following Faux's approach. Faux invented fake news many years ago, and the right gobbled it up hook line and sinker. What is funny is to see them flip when CNN does it. The difference between the left and the right is that the left can admit that the news is getting major spin control, scripted, WWE style while the right continues to eat out of that hand.

Since Fox, or "Fō" as you call it, has been putting fake news out for many years, I assume you can provide some examples. Thanks in advance.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Thirty6BelowZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I do not own a gun because I am not afraid. You fear your own shadow, so you belie e that demons are outside you rather than within you.

Most people who own guns aren't afraid either, and we have an advantage that you don't in the case that someone ever tries to break in. Unless of course you live in a community with a fence around it it to keep unwanted people out.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Moving on, not only does the OP compare a legitimate media outlet to Nazism, s/he expresses disbelief that the government is permitting them to express their opinion (this organized event is the equivalent of an op/ed page in a newspaper) without punishing them! What does it matter if you have guns if you are unable to think freely?

DJ, Trump has said repeatedly that CNN is fake news so you know it must be true, since he is the epitome of honesty and intelligence.

Anyway. It occurs to me some people are so obsessed with hating CNN, I don't know what they would do without it.
They are far more obsessed with CNN, than anything CNN might say. Not sure what to make of that, except 'trump said so". lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

[

The event was organized by CNN, so naturally they were in control. By walking out-- whatever the reason-- Haab guaranteed that he would be heard and his opinion transmitted through the right wing echo chamber. In other words, it may simply be a publicity stunt. Nevertheless, he has First Amendment rights just like CNN.

Hmmm...who to give the benefit of the doubt....

...CNN or the hero junior ROTC student that reportedly ushered 60-70 students to safety and shielded others with kevlar sheets?

I guess people just have to decide for themselves who is most credible.

edit on 2/22/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Anyway. It occurs to me some people are so obsessed with hating CNN, I don't know what they would do without it.
They are far more obsessed with CNN, than anything CNN might say. Not sure what to make of that, except 'trump said so". lol.

Anyway. It occurs to me some people are so obsessed with hating Trump, I don't know what they would do without it.
They are far more obsessed with Trump failing than the success of the country. Not sure what to make of that, except 'trump derangement syndrome". lol.

There fixed that for you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join