It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Team In Possession of Thousands of Transition Emails

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In a very rare statement from Muellers team they say that any material they got from the transition were obtained with either owner consent of through due process.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Link?
...or is it too rare?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

They were using .gov email servers and they are ALL advised that there is no expectation of privacy as these are government property and they were given to Mueller s team by a government agency.

Just another monkey wrench team trump is trying to throw into Muellers investigation.
This reeks of desperation.

edit on 12172017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatTheory

Nope. They were given to team Mueller by the government who is the legal owner. It's another distraction.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
trumps lawyers if they really believed this would be doing their argument in a court of law and not in a letter to congress which carries no weight.
Why aren't they??? They are accusing Muellers team of a serious CRIME. Why are they not taking this issue before a judge immediatly? If a judge declared this action illegal that would be a hugh coup for team trump. why aren't they taking advantage of that?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Why didn't trumps team just bleachbit these emails or wipe them with a clotj?

Destroying subpeonead evidence is no big deal right?

Besides, I am sure these emails are just about yoga. Nothing a meeting on a tarmac can't fix.

well now
there are no double standards within the govt or fbi right?
hey g, what happens to charges in this investigation if the evidence is obtained illegally?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Yes. But you can look it up yourself can't you?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
...of course I could. However, you made the statement and I simply asked for your source. pretty standard stuff around here and may have actually given some credence to your post. soooo...no link?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You would only reject my source so if you want it get it yourself.

It's there that much I can promise.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wow...assume much?
So, what you really seem to be saying is that you are embarrassed by your source and don't want everyone in this thread to see it. Right?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Any juicy leaks yet?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

A spokesperson for Mueller told Buzzfeed: “When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process.”

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

. Right?

Wrong. I just know the crowd I'm dealing with.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

www.theguardian.com...

A spokesperson for Mueller told Buzzfeed: “When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process.”

The spokesperson was Peter Carr....

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thank you. So, do you think that since the SC have been using the emails to further the investigation, this move by Trump's lawyer is just a distraction? As if they didn't know the emails were being used to further the investigation? Why do you suppose team trump would wait until now to dispute the way they were obtained?

Why are they not taking this issue before a judge immediatly? If a judge declared this action illegal that would be a hugh coup for team trump. why aren't they taking advantage of that?

I think because if they did the distraction would be over too quickly.

Wrong. I just know the crowd I'm dealing with.

Fair enough...

edit on 12/17/2017 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: more

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatTheory

originally posted by: Liquesence
The rush to discredit by claiming it was "illegaly obtained" when it was obtained in part from public government servers and also part of an active criminal investigation and people already being investigated.

That does not give you the right to take what ever you want. You still need a warrant/subpoena.
Stop being silly or are you purposefully being disingenuous.

Take? It's information being housed by the General Services Admin that was given when asked, such as simply submitting a request for the information (much like FOI request), since the information is not privately housed, obtained in manner consistent with other proper legal channels during an active criminal investigation. Point is, he legally obtained it, and those under investigation didn't know he had it until after they had been interviewed. Now they're scared, that's why they're trying to discredit by crying "illegally obtained," without a valid justification.

Mueller spokesman Peter Carr defended the special counsel’s work in a statement issued just past midnight on Sunday, several hours after this story first posted. “When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process,” he said.

Crying "it was illegally obtained" is means to discredit and distract from the the fact that Mueller had and legally obtained this information and the people involved realize they're likely screwed.

Stop being purposefully disingenuous.

Link1
Link2
edit on 17-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It includes the statement from Mueller. Which was what was asked for.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Why do you suppose team trump would wait until now to dispute the way they were obtained? 

They're trying to build a case to fire Mueller.
Rumor on the hill is trump will do it next Friday right before they break for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Great links. That was my point. It was all properly and legally obtained, due to the nature of the information and the means by which it was obtained.

It's funny, but I thought everyone would be happy that "the truth is out"

Only when it's the truth you want to hear.

Methinks they are nervous...

Of course they are. They didn't realize Mueller had these emails, which Mueller used as a basis for his questioning, not necessarily trying to get the information he already had, but to see how they would answer, or rather, lie, and what new information he could gather pertinent to the investigation through those lies.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why do you suppose team trump would wait until now to dispute the way they were obtained? 

They're trying to build a case to fire Mueller.
Rumor on the hill is trump will do it next Friday right before they break for Christmas.

All part of the plan to out the moles and deep embedded swampers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join