It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most complete Australopithecus skeleton ever found, introduced to the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

"This is one of the most remarkable fossil discoveries made in the history of human origins research and it is a privilege to unveil a finding of this importance today," says Clarke.

20 years ago researchers took some samples from blasted rock thanks to lime miners, in which they found foot bones and lower leg bone fragments of what they had thought could have been related to another Australopithecus skeleton (That's the same species as the famed "LUCY" you may have heard about).

"Many of the bones of the skeleton are fragile, yet they were all deeply embedded in a concrete-like rock called breccia," Clarke explains.

"The process required extremely careful excavation in the dark environment of the cave. Once the upward-facing surfaces of the skeleton's bones were exposed, the breccia in which their undersides were still embedded had to be carefully undercut and removed in blocks for further cleaning in the lab at Sterkfontein," says Clarke.

source

This is an absolutely massive discovery and further illustrates a more detailed depiction of Human evolution. A very exiting find!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
One of the bones was stamped "Atlantis museum property" , $29.99 +tax.

Stupid taxes.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

"This is one of the most remarkable fossil discoveries made in the history of human origins research and it is a privilege to unveil a finding of this importance today," says Clarke.

20 years ago researchers took some samples from blasted rock thanks to lime miners, in which they found foot bones and lower leg bone fragments of what they had thought could have been related to another Australopithecus skeleton (That's the same species as the famed "LUCY" you may have heard about).

"Many of the bones of the skeleton are fragile, yet they were all deeply embedded in a concrete-like rock called breccia," Clarke explains.

"The process required extremely careful excavation in the dark environment of the cave. Once the upward-facing surfaces of the skeleton's bones were exposed, the breccia in which their undersides were still embedded had to be carefully undercut and removed in blocks for further cleaning in the lab at Sterkfontein," says Clarke.

source

This is an absolutely massive discovery and further illustrates a more detailed depiction of Human evolution. A very exiting find!

Except they could be just bones from a completely unrelated species of animal, but lets say that it was an early ancestor of man
You will get heaps of stars and flags
Arnt jellyfish early ancestors, maybe you should post up the new jelly fish discoveries as well.
www.abc.net.au...
Maybe, maybe not

absolutely massive discovery or just a absolutely massive fraud for the religious atheists

edit on 11-12-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well that was...ambivalent.

Look, it's video!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Just say it, you don’t believe in evolution.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Say whatever I please
Prove its a relative and not a different species altogether
Just prove it

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It is the final resting place of Sun Wukong.

The great Monkey King who defied the snobbish gods and defeated heavens army. Slaughtering gods who looked down upon him only to be reigned in by the great Buddha.

lol
edit on 11-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Say whatever I please
Prove its a relative and not a different species altogether
Just prove it
What if i told you, it is a different species all together? That is how it all works. They know because of the shapes of the bones, bone placement, teeth shape, things that look the same, are usually related.

But hey, stop everybody!! Stop digging up fossils, stop writing papers, and doing sciene!! Raggedyman thinks your wrong. Stop working everyone!! Raggedyman says it’s all jesus!! You can put the bones back. They don’t mean anything.

There are you happy?

(post by Noinden removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Well that was...ambivalent.

Look, it's video!

I assume that Little Foot's skull got crushed before it was preserved in the stone. Otherwise he kind-of reminds me an Alien Xenomorph

It's almost most distressing that Little Foot has vastly better dental work than I do.

-dex

(post by Raggedyman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
Dig up all earths history, please, I am not standing in your way

Just asked for scientific evidence, that all I did

Why the atheist meltdown from so many people when I ask for scientific evidence?
Are you all scared of science, do you all hate science, does it question your validity, identity your reality?

I dont get the hate when I ask for science

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver
Dig up all earths history, please, I am not standing in your way

Just asked for scientific evidence, that all I did

Why the atheist meltdown from so many people when I ask for scientific evidence?
Are you all scared of science, do you all hate science, does it question your validity, identity your reality?

I dont get the hate when I ask for science

I think it's pretty clear that this skeleton is an artifact of a completely different species than modern man. Its species is referred to as Australopithecus africanus. Its not the first one of these specimens to be found, so it's safe to say that there was a population of these creatures at some point in history; therefore this is not a one-off anomaly.

It should be standard procedure to have a provable chain of custody and recorded source for any ground-breaking evidence of this nature. That should eliminate any notion of manufacturing evidence or fraud.

Archaeologists and anthropologists have studied these finds and integrated those discoveries with other sources of information to form theories of how all of these components relate to one another.

I suspect that this is where you would like to see the proof. I must admit that a few fossils and tools from millions of years ago doesn't sound like a really strong foundation for such a widely accepted theory. However, it is a more testable and logical theory than typical creation myths.

What type of evidence would you accept? And what do you believe is the truth concerning this so-called proto-human skeleton?

-dex

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Further understanding of human and pre-human lines of descent. It'll be a while though...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
She's hawt enough for my lovin'.
Great find.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You didn't just innocently ask for evidence, you belittled the discovery then snidely referred to "religious atheists" (a term that theists have made up that makes them look dumb because by definition a true atheist can't be religious; maybe try "atheist zealots" instead, as it doesn't make you seem uneducated), then used the predictably negative responses to you as justification for your religious indignation. Poor form, and contrary to engaging debate.

Any science that has/is/will be presented to you will be summarily dismissed and ignored, I am sure.

Regardless of your beliefs, this is a really interesting, amazing and rare find, that will add to the ever growing body of knowledge about ancient earth. What's great is that you and similar skeptics of evolution have access to this information, and at at any stage can study the data and falsify one of the many aspects of modern evolutionary theory (just as some of Darwin's original theories have been falsified, and improved upon... all supporting evolution)... If you could provide evidence, any evidence at all, for creation you would be instantly famous, and be adored by theists the world over.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I haven’t completely made up my mind about human evolution. I believe the scientists but evolution is a different science and hard to prove. Why is human evolution different from other life? How did we get from animal state of being to this level, because of harnessing fire? Thumbs? Thanks for sharing, let’s keep looking.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

You didn't just innocently ask for evidence, you belittled the discovery then snidely referred to "religious atheists" (a term that theists have made up that makes them look dumb because by definition a true atheist can't be religious; maybe try "atheist zealots" instead, as it doesn't make you seem uneducated), then used the predictably negative responses to you as justification for your religious indignation. Poor form, and contrary to engaging debate.

Any science that has/is/will be presented to you will be summarily dismissed and ignored, I am sure.

Regardless of your beliefs, this is a really interesting, amazing and rare find, that will add to the ever growing body of knowledge about ancient earth. What's great is that you and similar skeptics of evolution have access to this information, and at at any stage can study the data and falsify one of the many aspects of modern evolutionary theory (just as some of Darwin's original theories have been falsified, and improved upon... all supporting evolution)... If you could provide evidence, any evidence at all, for creation you would be instantly famous, and be adored by theists the world over.

I won't hold my breath.

Religious atheists is a label I stand by, zealots if you must, whatever
Try google for religios atheists, there is plenty of evidence

Yes I did belittle the link between the bones and homo sapien evolution because it's stupid, the discovery is kinda neat

So engage debate, show me some science that proves its a human ancestor, science is your best defense attack. Maybe I will dismiss your science but we will never know will we, cough, cough

So let's discuss poor form

Anyway, it is an interesting discovery, a whole skeletal system, that's cool

Now as for creation, why bring that up, sounds like you are running, dodging and trying to hide your lack of science, creation is your issue, mine was scientific evidence for austro having evidence to be a human anscestor

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Noinden

star wars reference you are very cool, little one

Would you care to comment on my question or just try and hack at me

We in australia call people like you and your comments childish

I am not the one saying what it is, science, get this boy, science leaves the onus on the person who makes the claim

Do you understand that boy?
Its not for me to justify a claim I didnt make boy

The research is out there on other websites actually dedicated to science. No one here is responsible for your education. And don't speak for other Australians, you're not my representative.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

An exciting discovery belittled by you who is scared that heaven may not be real?

Your quick to ask for scientific proof? Prove to me that humans can become pregnant by wishful thinking ie immaculate conception?

Science for the mass population
Fairytales for the unimaginative few

How long before the skeleton is propped up in a museum I want to be the first to take a selfie with it?

Thanks op

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join