It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonAirport

Nope. Sorry. That won't work.

If anything: the church would have used any and everything to let people know.

You see: Flat Earth suggests Intelligent Design.

Intelligent Design means Divine Control, or Proof Of God.

When the 1400s rolled around, the Christian Church began to loose control. Science began to take hold. The Church would have done anything to maintain that control.

Also: the world is big, with a LOT of different cultures and religion. How could one church of religion control the entire world (going back even further than the Christian church existed. 500 to 600 BC was when it was first suggested).

As has already been pointed out many times in this thread: Power and Control??? Exactly how does knowing the Earth is a different shape change anything? The masses of people are not going to "rise up and rebel". They are going to keep gong to work, earn that paycheck and pay their bills.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I just used the Bible as an example of a HUGE, HUGE lie, still propagated by millions of people to this day, dating back centuries. I used that example to show that it is indeed possible to get "a bunch of people in on it".

I don't have all the answers mate. If I knew all the answers I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you.

I've no idea why whom-ever would lie to us. Do you know why they lie to us that God made the universe in 7 days? Let's work off that lie first, seeing as we both agree on that one.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If I create a computer program right now, I can have a dot follow an arrow, say, "North" all around the screen.

The dot thinks it's going on a straight line because it falsely believes that "North" is always pointing one direction, but me as the programmer, coded the dot to go around in a circle.

The dot then concludes, "Hmm, I've travelled in a spherical path".

You're the dot.

^^And THAT my friends is why scientific tests will always be flawed.
edit on 11-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
One last note on the whole "controlling people" thing:

Scientific knowledge does not really "control" people. It might help or hinder governments (one country figures out how to build nuclear weapons while another doesn't), but it really does not have any effect on people's daily lives.

Doesn't matter whether or not you believe the Earth is round and the sun is 93,000,000 miles away, or that the Earth is flat, with the sun being really small and very close: Each day you're still going to get up and go about your daily routine.

If you want to control people, you do so by controlling their access to fresh water and food (How many millions of people did Stalin get rid of through starvation?).

And in today's modern world, you control their access to energy, transportation, medical supplies and treatment.

You can use information (propaganda, news, etc) for control, but that's always local information or information that would have an effect on their daily lives.

Not scientific information.

Knowing that water is made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom and that hydrogen peroxide is made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 2 oxygen atoms is not going to change the fact that you know to drink water.....and not drink hydrogen peroxide. You can go through your entire life without knowing that peroxide has an extra oxygen atom. Having that scientific knowledge isn't going to change anything for you.

Real power and control over people happens only when it affects their daily lives.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
One last note on the whole "controlling people" thing:

Scientific knowledge does not really "control" people. It might help or hinder governments (one country figures out how to build nuclear weapons while another doesn't), but it really does not have any effect on people's daily lives.

Doesn't matter whether or not you believe the Earth is round and the sun is 93,000,000 miles away, or that the Earth is flat, with the sun being really small and very close: Each day you're still going to get up and go about your daily routine.

If you want to control people, you do so by controlling their access to fresh water and food (How many millions of people did Stalin get rid of through starvation?).

And in today's modern world, you control their access to energy, transportation, medical supplies and treatment.

You can use information (propaganda, news, etc) for control, but that's always local information or information that would have an effect on their daily lives.

Not scientific information.

Knowing that water is made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom and that hydrogen peroxide is made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 2 oxygen atoms is not going to change the fact that you know to drink water.....and not drink hydrogen peroxide. You can go through your entire life without knowing that peroxide has an extra oxygen atom. Having that scientific knowledge isn't going to change anything for you.

Real power and control over people happens only when it affects their daily lives.

One word: Butterfly effect.

So the knock on effect will eventually trickle down and effect the average joe. That's ideally how you would control people, all the people.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There are any number of basic, simple experiments that you can carry out to measure atmospheric density. There are entire books full of them. Try reading some. In fact try reading several about the same subject. There is no conspiracy here, this is basic, simple, physics.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

There definitely IS a conspiracy here.

For what it's worth, I don't believe it's a flat earth per se, but I do believe this is all just a computer simulation.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It sure looks like CGI when you see NASA images and videos.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

There are any number of basic, simple experiments that you can carry out to measure atmospheric density. There are entire books full of them. Try reading some. In fact try reading several about the same subject. There is no conspiracy here, this is basic, simple, physics.

You can't claim simple, basic physics because we're all bound by those rules, however they were created.

Like I said before, I can program a dot to follow an arrow north bound. The dot believes (through scientific study of it's "compass") that it's going in a straight line. But we all know it's not, because I've coded it to move in a circle. So the dot ends up at the initial starting point, thinking it's travelled in a sphere.

The same is true for all of the "scientific studies" - we all believe it's true because these intruments might say so, but can you really believe them?? Really?? Just because a compass points north, doesn't actually mean it is North. Trust nothing is what I say.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

That’s because modern, digital photos ARE CGI.

How’s the “V in every space agency logo” going for you?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Well, I think the lie is "built in". I don't necessarily think that people are doing the lies, but more the creators are doing the lies.

I am lying to the dot, by making it think it's travelling North, when it ain't.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I don't believe it's a flat earth per se

Let me guess. You’re “on the fence”.

-Theodolites
-Stick shadow experiment
-North Star and Southern Cross

These 3 simple things (that you can test yourself) prove a spheroid planet.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Then use the Sun to find out where North is. You'll need to observe its path and the way it changes as the year progresses. Or you can wait until night and use Polaris to find North. Or read a map. Or buy a sextant.
And yes, I can claim basic simple physics because it affects all of us equally. It doesn't vary from person to person.
As for the rest of your post, well, I despair.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Is it really that hard to believe that maybe all of our laws of physics have been implemented, to hide the truth from us, by the creator?

I mean, if you want to contain humanity, what better way to contain them, than make them believe they live on an isolated magic ball floating in nothingness, millions of miles away from anything else.

That lie would make me stop wanting to explore for sure.
edit on 11-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

That’s because modern, digital photos ARE CGI.

The blue marble was made to look like people would expect it to look by Data Visualizer and Designer Robert Simmon.
www.nasa.gov...
Please be kind enough to tell me how this is wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Try learning to read. The images were enhanced.

How’s your “V in every logo” going?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

China has one, Japan has one and Russia has one.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Then use the Sun to find out where North is. You'll need to observe its path and the way it changes as the year progresses. Or you can wait until night and use Polaris to find North. Or read a map. Or buy a sextant.
And yes, I can claim basic simple physics because it affects all of us equally. It doesn't vary from person to person.
As for the rest of your post, well, I despair.

In my simplified simulation, there is only the dot and the arrow pointing north. Nothing else. So the only thing I need to "fiddle" is the compass pointing north.

From the dots POV, it thinks it's travelled in a sphere, but we know otherwise, cause I screwed with his instrument of measurement.

I believe the same is true in this world except in proportions mind blowing. The creator has fiddled/coded all the rules to make our tools of measurement believe, "isolated sphere in the arsehole of nowhere".

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

Try learning to read. The images were enhanced.

Enhanced?? But the man is a designer and said he made it look like people expect it to?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

China has one, Japan has one and Russia has one.

So that’s 4 (including NASA).

What about ALL the others?

Remember, you said ALL had an V, which they don’t.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join