It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

I get right on that as soon as you satisfactorily falsify gravity. Heck, I’ll even make it easy on you and limit it to falsifying Newtonian gravity. Should be easy since gravity doesn’t exist right?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If gravity worked the way you try to claim it would in this post wrought with delusion and willful ignorance, then we wouldn’t be here at all. Your insistence that everything would be attached to the earth would preclude movement by organisms as we would all be lying prone, unable to move. Not wanting to educate yourself isn’t the same as being correct. Quite the opposite in fact. Interesting that you demand I support my post regarding airplanes yet you haven’t provided anything whatsoever to support your ludicrous mental meandering on Gravity. Hypocrisy must be the flavor favored by people who need to get off the internet, get a library card and do some reading.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Explain how birds are NOT "attached to the planet"?

Why would feeble little insects have the ability to defeat the incredible 'pulling forces' offered by gravity?

The Aerodynamics of their wings lets them produce lift similar to the way airplanes aerodynamics can produce lift
Also birds and insects are attached to the planet most of the time when they are not using their wings to produce lift.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I see. Hmmm, a little less entertaining than I thought that you were capable of, but still just enough to make me laugh a lot. Get some new material perhaps?
Soooo, on the face of it you don't understand geology, basic physics, meteorology, astronomy and biology. Birds and insects are light and have wings, they don't levitate, so let's add basic anatomy as well.
You also haven't asked the question I asked, so I'm going to ask it again. How does plate tectonics work on your ridiculous pancake Earth? And what's keeping us from floating off if it's not gravity?
By the way thanks for confirming that you're a troll. I had little doubt about it.

A forum troll is someone who actively watches a forum, not to be confused with a lurker. A troll annoys, pesters, and or generally insults within any thread while adding no meaningful dialog pertaining to the thread topic. Trolls often accuse others of being a troll in an attempt to divert attention away from themselves. In doing so, trolls self identify. Trolls are compelled to garner attention as they are mentally insecure.

That explains it perfectly.

I'm only here to discuss/debate the issues. Insults are juvenile, and worthless to the discussion at hand.

I had never even looked into the issue of flat/round Earth until very recently. As most people, I believed the Earth was round, and that flat Earth-ers were mainly Bible-types, or similar fanatics, simpletons, etc.

A few months ago, a co-worker asked if I've heard, or looked into, the flat Earth issue. I told him I'd never once looked into it, but would.

It was never something that I cared about, and if my co-worker didn't ask me to look into it, I'd likely believe the world is round, as I always had.

After delving into the issue, it became more and more obvious to me that the flat Earth argument is NOT stupid.

Everything is about proof, and evidence. I compared the two arguments, for all their proof, or lack of proof, what claims are valid, or not valid.

So to prove the claim of Earth being flat, requires the same standards of proof as any other claim...including the round Earth claim.

Luckily, the Earth can be measured for flatness, or roundness, within a small area. The round Earth claim is 8 inches per mile squared of curvature.

We would easily be able to detect such a curvature after 3 miles in distance.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

ahem...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Explain how birds are NOT "attached to the planet"?

Why would feeble little insects have the ability to defeat the incredible 'pulling forces' offered by gravity?

The Aerodynamics of their wings lets them produce lift similar to the way airplanes aerodynamics can produce lift
Also birds and insects are attached to the planet most of the time when they are not using their wings to produce lift.

They are not "attached" to anything. They fly whenever they want, and live in nests, which are above the Earth's surface. They may never even touch the surface of Earth, for that matter.

You believe there is some incredible 'force', called gravity, which is pulling all objects downward, to its surface.
It even holds an entire atmosphere, and oceans, downward to the planet. Spins the planet, and everything else, 1000 mph. Holds a moon in its far-reaching 'grasp'.

It would easily hold birds to the surface, too. If it holds the oceans, holds the atmosphere, holds all objects, holds the moon, and spins the whole planet, oceans, and atmosphere 1000 mph.... but it can't even hold a little frickin' bird down??

Flight proves there is NO 'pulling' force called 'gravity'.

A bird flies above the surface. No force is 'pulling' it downward.

How would the air be spinning at 1000 mph, if the bird can fly in ANY direction, even DIRECTLY OPPOSITE to the 'spinning' air it is flying in? Are you serious??

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

We call it air pressure, and lift...

Reasons why you can't flap your arms like a bird and fly...

Yet we can make "pressurized" jet packs these days, and manage to do it for a short while

Take Peter Vlar's advice brother... read a book

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

ahem...

This is like the 'theodolite' argument - there are NO measurements of anything.

What is the point of showing something like this? It is ridiculous.

Why would he film this, and show a few maps, with lines on it, that are supposedly where he filmed from, and to....while he doesn't even MEASURE anything!!

'Here's some lights above the water. Now the lights are lower above the water. This proves curvature!'

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Every troll denies being a troll. Large amounts of common sense and proof have been provided for you. You have ignored it all and embarked on a series of rants that show that you are either startlingly ignorant about basic physics or that you are in fact a troll.
One of the symptoms of being a troll by the way is an inability to answer questions. I have asked you a question twice now and both times you have refused to address it: how does plate tectonics work on pancake earth? Oh and what alternative do you have to gravity? Answers on the back of a postcard please.
Entertain us.
Troll.
edit on 11-3-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: typo

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

ahem...

This is like the 'theodolite' argument - there are NO measurements of anything.

What is the point of showing something like this? It is ridiculous.

Why would he film this, and show a few maps, with lines on it, that are supposedly where he filmed from, and to....while he doesn't even MEASURE anything!!

'Here's some lights above the water. Now the lights are lower above the water. This proves curvature!'

LOL

That's as basic as it gets man...

Thats why i've posted it like 4 times now...

a preschooler would get it...

edit on 11-3-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I had to create an account because turbonium1 has a point no-one addressed.

Please explain how we can see the moon under a blue sky?

Moon = Allegedly 250,000 miles away
Sky = 300 miles away

Moon is below the blue sky, therefore, the moon is less than 300 miles away. Simple mathematics.

Explain THAT.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonAirport

Gesus was that math?

See... the sun's light hits the moon... thats what makes it nice and bright...

When you see it in a blue sky, it means... its bright!

The sun is hitting the moon and the earth at the same time... Eventually it disappears because the sun's brightness becomes greater then the moons reflection of light

Glad you made an account though

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Gesus was that math?

The sun is hitting the moon and the earth at the same time... Eventually it disappears because the sun's brightness becomes greater then the moons reflection of light

That doesn't answer the question though. If I have a blue piece of paper and I put a ball in front of the paper, the ball is closer than the paper no? Are you saying if I shine light on the paper, some how it gets further away? Bizarre!
edit on 11-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: Added the word bizarre.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Yet we can make "pressurized" jet packs these days, and manage to do it for a short while

You've read books about a great 'pulling' force, believed to hold oceans and moons in its mighty grasp? If we'd never seen birds fly against the greatest 'pulling force' of all time....it might not have become the most ridiculous 'theory' ever spewed forth!! But we've seen birds fly, sorry to say.

There is NO FORCE pulling all things downward, to its surface.

Gravity is called a THEORY for very good reason - there is no proof it even EXISTS.

That's why it has so many uses! It works because they say it does!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LondonAirport

Gesus was that math?

That doesn't answer the question though. If I have a blue piece of paper and I put a ball in front of the paper, the ball is closer than the paper no? Are you saying if I shine light on the paper, some how it gets further away?

LOL what?

the moon is not within the blue sky that you see dude...

Venus does the same thing... Ever wonder why its called "the morning and the evening star"?

Are you trying to tell me Venus is within our atmosphere?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Gesus was that math?

That doesn't answer the question though. If I have a blue piece of paper and I put a ball in front of the paper, the ball is closer than the paper no? Are you saying if I shine light on the paper, some how it gets further away?

LOL what?

Venus does the same thing... Ever wonder why its called "the morning and the evening star"?

All I'm saying is question everything around you. Don't just swallow up everything someone says to you is true! Maybe the sky isn't 300 miles, maybe it's 1,000,000 miles?

It would have to be a million miles surely, to be able to see venus and the sun on it?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You've read books about a great 'pulling' force, believed to hold oceans and moons in its mighty grasp? If we'd never seen birds fly against the greatest 'pulling force' of all time....it might not have become the most ridiculous 'theory' ever spewed forth!! But we've seen birds fly, sorry to say.

There is NO FORCE pulling all things downward, to its surface.

Gravity is called a THEORY for very good reason - there is no proof it even EXISTS.

That's why it has so many uses! It works because they say it does!

Riiight...

This is why flat earthers call gravity "down"...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Gesus was that math?

LOL what?

All I'm saying is question everything around you. Don't just swallow up everything someone says to you is true! Maybe the sky isn't 300 miles, maybe it's 1,000,000 miles?

It would have to be a million miles surely, to be able to see venus and the sun on it?

simple experiment...

Its been done hundreds of times by children...

Get a decent sturdy balloon... fill it with helium

Send up your phone...

And stay away from conspiracy... Both of you...

Clearly you can't deal with it

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Gesus was that math?

LOL what?

simple experiment...

Its been done hundreds of times by children...

Get a decent sturdy balloon... fill it with helium

Send up your phone...

And stay away from conspiracy... Both of you...

Clearly you can't deal with it

Oh yeah, real mature. Attack the people asking difficult questions. Tell us to go away. I thought this kind of thought is encouraged on this website?

And how does sending a phone up on a balloon answer that the sky is x amount of miles away?
edit on 11-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Its not a difficult question

for most people at least...

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join