It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

(Facepalm)
Oh look, you're denying that gravity exists again, how cute. Please explain how we therefore stay attached to the planet?
Whilst you're here, please explain how plate tectonics work on pancake earth, along with volcanoes and if you believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.
Entertain us!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: Phage

Then you should have no problem explaining why planes have always flown level, and always will fly level, which is level flight within air, not level to the ground below

Of all of the arguments this is one of the dumbest.

The altitude of an aircraft can be controlled. Believe it or not.
Gravity is not the only thing which determines the altitude at which an aircraft flies. Believe it or not.

On second thought, it might be the dumbest argument of all.

Because you can't answer the question I've repeatedly asked you....

All planes fly level, almost throughout flight.

No, they fly at a specific altitude above sea level. When your plane is flying at 30,000 ft, it means 30K ft above sea level

All planes have measurements proving it is level flight.

Actually, it doesn't measure how level the plane is flying, it determines how many ft above sea level it is flying at. That is how altitude is measured.

They fly level WITHIN AIR.

stomping your feet and pouting by repeating the same thing ad nauseum doesn't make it any more true. It only cements your ignorance.

If 'gravity' is making planes follow Earth's 'curvature', then every flight would be in a constant descent.

The planes cannot follow a 'curve', and fly level, at the same time.

Fourth statement in a row repeating the same thing in different way doesn't have. Ny more impact in honoring up your negligent conclusions.

While flying 'level', which is never even 'level', but let's assume it's 'level', anyway....they fly 'level' to Earth's 'curvature', or almost 'level'...which would still read as a DESCENT....!!

Sheesh...

And it isn't any closer to being correct the 5th time. If there was an iota of validity to your statements you would be able to support them with citations instead of a boorish display of condescension and willful ignorance. See, if there were no gravity as you incorrectly state, then none of Newtons calculations would work. Yet they do and have for quite some time now.

Since you don't believe in gravity there probably isn't much of a point in trying to explain how an altimeter or vertical speed indicator works or what role barometric pressure plays in maintaining altitude. Say it with me... Planes do not fly level, the maintain altitude. No try it one more time by yourself. Practice in front of a mirror if you need to. Planes do not fly in a straight lime vertically. They maintain altitude in relation to sea level and the center of earths mass (you know... Gravity).

Why don't you show me sources to support your claims?

"Planes do not fly level, the(y) maintain altitude" - any sources supporting the claim of not flying level?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Another rant. Hardly surprising.

Have you tried a theodolite yet?
Have you tried the stick shadow experiment yet?
No? Lazy flat earther.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

So why do all the recent presentations have to be CGI?
With all the technology available now surely we could see some 'real' footage in real decent quality - that's all I am saying.

It is real and it is decent. Your decision that it is somehow substandard does not make it so. The modern medium for photography and film is digital. It does not require developing and takes up no space. Just because it is in binary format does not make it any less genuine a representation of reality than chemicals on a piece of paper.

Data Visualiser and Designer Robert Simmon never thought that he would become “Mr. Blue Marble.”

My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s expectations of how Earth looks from space. That ball became the famous Blue Marble.
aplanetruth.info...

edit on 10-3-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Doesn’t believe the government, but believes random people on YouTube.

That fence you’re sitting on must have long spikes, as it’s obviously gone through your brain.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

(Facepalm)
Oh look, you're denying that gravity exists again, how cute. Please explain how we therefore stay attached to the planet?
Whilst you're here, please explain how plate tectonics work on pancake earth, along with volcanoes and if you believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.
Entertain us!

Explain how birds are NOT "attached to the planet"?

Why would feeble little insects have the ability to defeat the incredible 'pulling forces' offered by gravity?

Everything will have to be "attached" to the Earth's surface, through the immense forces 'pulling' everything down - nothing would be able to defeat this incredible pulling force....

But, we know it is NOT pulling every object to its surface.

You cannot seriously suggest that gravity is a part-time force, that 'pulls' most objects to Earth, yet cannot even 'pull' down tiny insects, or fragile birds, to that exact same surface!! In the exact same atmosphere.

Therefore, a force cannot be 'pulling' everything down to the surface, obviously.

Newton's problem is that birds and insects crush his entire theory, by that alone.

Why do you keep on saying there is an immense force that pulls all objects down to its surface, when it DOES NOT pull many objects downward, whatsoever?

A force incredibly powerful, pulling a moon 250,000 miles away, pulling all objects to its surface, rotating a planet 1000 mph, and wrapping an entire atmosphere to the planet, rotating in perfect synchronization.

It is completely useless against mosquitoes, houseflies, or finches - but, hey, so what??!!

Actual force requires consistency. Magnetic forces don't attract wooden objects, they attract metallic objects. As do other forces, with other objects, etc.

Magnetic force does not pull birds towards magnets. But attaching metal bands to the birds legs will pull the bird to magnets, if in range, and a powerful magnetic force.

If air is pulled down by gravity, then a bird would be pulled down, too. So air is not pulled down, and neither are birds.

The difference between birds and humans is DENSITY within air, offered by Earth's unique atmosphere.

Earth is not 'forcing' objects downward, or spinning the planet 1000 mph, endlessly. Or holding oceans around a planet, curving water. How could a human float in 0 gravity above Earth, but grasp a moon 1/4 million miles further out?

It is utterly absurd. Cherry pick a moon, not humans floating nearby, cherry pick objects pulled to Earth, not insects or birds, cherry pick the atmosphere wrapping around Earth, rotating in perfect sync, but not the finches in the atmosphere not being pulled down. The birds must be rotating, though, like the whole atmosphere is, with Earth. Just no pulling forces, okay??

You'll never grasp the problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

It is not just on youtube:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Oh Jesus Christ.....
Are you special?.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: themuse
My Only Question to ANY Flat Earther
Is If you found out the earth was flat today, how would that change your life ? Literally daily How would that change your life?

Are you saying that if it was found that the Earth isn't the way we have been told it is (by the authorities) it wouldn't change anything?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Nope. Not really.

Everyone would still get up in the morning, get ready for work, school, etc. Go to work and school. Bring home paycheck. Pay bills to keep the lights on and food on the table. Still do everything they do for entertainment, etc.

No one would suddenly go: what? omg! Now I can no longer stand here but must float up into the sky for now gravity must no longer be real.

Vast majority of people around the world really don't care.

Moot point thought, because the only people that think the Earth is flat, or not a spheroid are people in need of attention so they find subjects like this to troll with a "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" attitude, people who have this serious need of thinking they are on to some great secret and part of a select group of people that "have it all figured out!", extremely ignorant people, and people who do it for the lulz because their bored and really have nothing better to do with their lives, except be trolls on the internet.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I see. Hmmm, a little less entertaining than I thought that you were capable of, but still just enough to make me laugh a lot. Get some new material perhaps?
Soooo, on the face of it you don't understand geology, basic physics, meteorology, astronomy and biology. Birds and insects are light and have wings, they don't levitate, so let's add basic anatomy as well.
You also haven't asked the question I asked, so I'm going to ask it again. How does plate tectonics work on your ridiculous pancake Earth? And what's keeping us from floating off if it's not gravity?
By the way thanks for confirming that you're a troll. I had little doubt about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Who wants to explain the wires (which when pointed out are obvious) on the crew of the space station?

Say what again? What wires?
If you want to see a really good experiment involving the ISS try this - Chris Hadfield sees what happens when you wring out a washcloth in zero gravity.
No wires!

You can go on an adventure and experience weightlessness on earth if you wish.www.incredible-adventures.com...
www.spaceadventures.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

www.nasa.gov...

OK.

So you link is talking about a spherical Earth and some of the imaging they use from satellites.

You didn’t read it, did you?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Who wants to explain the wires (which when pointed out are obvious) on the crew of the space station?

If you want to see a really good experiment involving the ISS try this - Chris Hadfield sees what happens when you wring out a washcloth in zero gravity.
No wires!

You can go on an adventure and experience weightlessness on earth if you wish.www.incredible-adventures.com...

All without wires.

Again, you didn’t read the links you posted, did you?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

www.nasa.gov...

OK.

So you link is talking about a spherical Earth and some of the imaging they use from satellites.

You didn’t read it, did you?

Ok.

What did I miss? Is the NASA link different from the youtube and other link I provided that you said I should not believe?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No wires!

All without wires.

Why not just tell me what I missed?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No wires!

Yes, for 25-second periods. Hadfield is in zero-G in that experiment for a lot longer than that. Why, you'd even think that he was in orbit!

Which he was.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No wires!

All without wires.

Here's a clue: you might have heard a distant whistling noise at the time, as his point passed far, far, over your head.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

No wires!

All without wires.

Here's a clue: you might have heard a distant whistling noise at the time, as his point passed far, far, over your head.

Hey maybe you can help me out - can you tell me what TerryDon79 is getting at with the NASA link I provided?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

why do foucault pendulums work? magnetic conspiracy?

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join