It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: LondonAirport

Its not a difficult question

for most people at least...

See there you go again with the insults! Did I ever insult you? I did not.

I'm just here to discuss some really blatant lies that's being promoted by i don't know who, for I don't know reasons.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LondonAirport

I'm just here to discuss some really blatant lies that's being promoted by i don't know who, for I don't know reasons.

Well coming to a place where a few (simple?) people are arguing against simple, basic science with the stupidest theory in the history of man isn't the place to get answers

Then insinuating that the moon and venus may be within the blue sky we see... Doesn't help you at all

that is a good way get trolled

And im not even trolling you, nor did i insult you

ask a stupid question... you'll probably get a stupid answer

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LondonAirport

Step One. Go to a library.
Step Two. Get out a book about the atmosphere and how you can see things through it.
Step Three. Realise that the atmosphere starts at the end of your nose and ends several hundred miles away.
Step Four. Get out a book about basic physics. Read it.
Step Five. Have an epiphany about gravity.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It is unbelievable how some do not have the critical thinking skills to understand such simple concepts.
I blame the education system.
Mind you 10% of people do have very low IQs I suppose.
edit on 11-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah listen to all you folk saying, "read a book, read a book" - but what if the books are all full of lies?? Then what?!

Oh, then you'd be stuck wouldn't you?! "Ooo where's my precious books, now I know nothing without my books! I can't think by myself and have to have the information fed to me, that I blindly follow Ooo"

It's quite simple really, yes, the atmosphere starts at my nose, I know that. But you lot only "know" that the atmosphere is "a few hundred miles" because you read it and blindly follow and believe what you read as truth.

Where's the critical thinking there?? HUH??

The atmosphere could go on for millions of miles for all YOU LOT really know!

And in fact, evidence show that it DOES, how do I know this? Because the sun is on top of the blue sky, so therefore the atmosphere must be AT LEAST as far as the sun is from earth. And I don't need a book to tell me that, I can see it every day.
edit on 11-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Yeah you have just proved my point.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The critical thinking thing - it works both ways. Try a bit of it on flat earth lies.

The stuff in books has been arrived at using a scientific method that has been developed over centuries of rational thought - you make a hypothesis, you test it, you report on the results in a way that anyone else in the world can replicate it. Kind of saves you the bother of having to test everything yourself - it gives a platform to start from. If you think the books are incorrect, then demonstrate that this is the case by building hypotheses, testing them and reporting on them in a way that others can replicate.

If your scientific method starts with "This guy on youtube says..." then it's pretty much wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Gesus was that math?

See... the sun's light hits the moon... thats what makes it nice and bright...

When you see it in a blue sky, it means... its bright!

The sun is hitting the moon and the earth at the same time... Eventually it disappears because the sun's brightness becomes greater then the moons reflection of light

Glad you made an account though

The problem is any object 250.000 miles away cannot block out an entire atmosphere, 100 miles away

A light source 250.000 miles away must always pass THROUGH an atmosphere only 100 miles away.

There's another problem - the Sun and moon are both above the Earth. The moon should be fully in sunlight. A shadow cannot be cast between the Sun(light) and the moon. So the moon is obviously not reflecting sunlight. It's impossible.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
There really is no difference between you lot reading a scientific book and believing everything is FACT and someone reading the Bible and accepting God created the universe in seven days.

Both people just blindly accept what they read as "the truth".

Critical thinking?! Please. Don't make me laugh! I scoff in all your faces.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Apparently you think the Earth's atmosphere is opaque, when it's not, it's transparent. The only time it appears opaque is due to water vapor (clouds and fog).

Majority of of Earth's atmosphere is made up of Nitrogen and Oxygen, both of which are transparent gasses. You can see through them.

Ah, but then why does the sky appear blue?

Simple: the large volume of both those gases have the sun's light hitting it during the day, and while both those gases are colorless, they will scatter light (it's why during the day, everything is evenly lit) from the sun, but those 2 gases also do one other thing: they block and scatter blue light.

That's why at night.....the sky doesn't look blue.

Many people think the sun looks yellow, and from here, standing on the ground, it will look yellow, because the white light the sun puts out has had the color blue stripped from it and scattered through the atmosphere.

The sun's surface temp is around 5778 K. Look up the color of that temperature, very close to white.

This effect is known as Rayleigh scattering.

So why can we see the Moon?

Very simple again: because it's BRIGHT and close. The stars on the other hand are faint. Very faint. At night you can take a picture of the Moon using daylight settings on your camera, but you'll need to expose a frame for many seconds before the stars will show up on your camera picture.

The Moon is not the only object we can see during the day. You can see Venus too. You only need to know where to look. A good set of binoculars helps too.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
In fact, I'm going to call you out right now. I'm going to call you out.

Provide a source, a physical book. A source right now, that says the atmosphere is 300 miles.

I don't accept wikipedia.

Go on! Come on! Where's your peer reviewed paper that I can read. Come on, provide the evidence. See! You don't even have it.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

What a great reply. Respectful and informative. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

My nephew sent a camera up with a weather balloon the footage shows how far the atmosphere goes. Or is that cgi done by his primary school?.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I am still unconvinced though. I mean really, everyone is just repeating what someone else said, some other scientist. My argument is, what if they lied? Know what I mean? I'm cynical.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

My nephew sent a camera up with a weather balloon the footage shows how far the atmosphere goes. Or is that cgi done by his primary school?.

Big deal, a camera on a balloon doesn't prove a single thing. How does it prove how far it goes??

That's like me saying, I took a picture of a turd and it proves it stinks.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You can do tests to show the earth is a sphere. You can also send balloons up yourself which shows how high the atmosphere is.
So instead of saying people lie and we shouldn't trust others do the experiments yourself.
Or just do not and continue the ignorance.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Why lie?

Seriously, before you convince yourself that you're being lied to, ask yourself that question: Why would people lie about it?

Then ask yourself another question: How can they get everyone to lie for very long periods of time? (lots of scientist all over the world, going back for at least a century or more).

It tends to be a hard question for most Flat Earthers. I've set to see a competent answer that makes any sense. What does anyone have to gain over lying about these things? How can you possibly keep something like that secret going back literally centuries and longer?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Okay whatever.
The thing that pisses many off about morons who think the earth is flat is no evidence is ever good enough and when shown it you just put your fingers in your ears going la la la.
Utter utter morons or trolls take your pick.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Why lie?

Seriously, before you convince yourself that you're being lied to, ask yourself that question: Why would people lie about it?

Then ask yourself another question: How can they get everyone to lie for very long periods of time? (lots of scientist all over the world, going back for at least a century or more).

It tends to be a hard question for most Flat Earthers. I've set to see a competent answer that makes any sense. What does anyone have to gain over lying about these things? How can you possibly keep something like that secret going back literally centuries and longer?

Why lie? Control.

Hundreds of millions, billions of people believe the lies in the Bible? Some of those people are even scientists.

And those lies have been going on hundreds/thousands of years.

So yeah, seems simple enough to keep a lie going for a long long time, with lots of people involved.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
As far as the atmosphere extends: It's really just basic math, physics and common sense.

Measure the air pressure at sea level.

Then do the following (of which many people have done, and going back in times before the 20th century):

Climb a mountain.

As you go higher up the mountain, the air pressure begins to drop, and it will pretty much drop at a constant rate. This happens no matter which mountain you decide to climb. Or go to cities where people live higher up on some of these mountains.

If you do the math, you'll find that once you get past a certain point, the atmosphere becomes not existent (0 PSI).

Can you imagine the number of meteorologists that have attached equipment to measure this to weather balloons, that can go up to 100,000 feet or higher?

And if you say they are also all lying.....why? Who makes them lie? Who makes them keep secrets? How are they able to make them do this for so long? Absolutely no death bed confessions?

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join