It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
One, why is it that you can fly from Australia to South America in the same time that it takes to fly from Australia to South Africa, when according to the FE map it should take twice the time?

I did not know that - why does it take twice as long with the FE model?

edit on 7-3-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
One, why is it that you can fly from Australia to South America in the same time that it takes to fly from Australia to South Africa, when according to the FE map it should take twice the time?

I did not know that - why does it take twice as long with the FE model?

(Facepalm)

(Sigh)

Because if you look at the FE map, then South America is the other side of the world from Australia. Hence the reason why it would take twice as long, if the FE model was real in any sense. Which it's not. Hence the question.
Have you looked at the masterpiece of silliness that is the FE map?

I need a beer.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No, the "heat" has to go through less atmosphere when the sun is overhead, it is the atmosphere that filters it before it gets to you on the ground and which absorbs the "heat".

Well I find it odd that the heat of the sun can get to the earths atmosphere after travelling 93 million miles and just a cloud can stop the heat.
It makes more sense that the sun is closer than we have been led to believe.

Space is a Vacuum and the light carries the heat in photon waves of infrared, visible light, and ultraviolet. There is nothing for these waves to interact with in the vacuum of space until they hit the earth and some of the their light energy is changed into heat energy when they make contact with the earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Because cameras these days are digital. There are plenty of photos out there from the old days when cameras had film in them. Do you want them to go back to the days of film?

What would be the point as there are loads of pre digital photos out there?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

Then you will know that it was made originally when the earth was believed to be flat and guess what, it still works with the belief that it is a sphere.
Check it out at starting at around 50 mins on the last vid I posted.

Facts and due diligence just aren’t in your wheelhouse are they? If they were you would have known that Pythagoras figured out the earth was a sphere in the 4th century BCE or that Eratosthenes of Cyrene, inventor of geometry, first calculated the circumference of the Earth in the late 2nd or early 3rd century BCE. In other words, a few decades prior to the advent of the Astrolabe by Apollonius of Perga. So no... the astrolabe was not introduced when the earth was still believed to be flat.

This is what happens when people choose willful ignorance and condescension towards anyone with a formal education and instead pursue their PhD in YouTubology. It’s quite ironic reading through your posts railing against the brainwashed masses who choose to educate themselves, whether it be formal or autodidactic when you’re the closed minded one.

Let’s look at your repeated proclamations that you don’t believe that the sun is ~93 million miles away from the earth because it just makes more sense to you. You have offered no explanation as to why you believe this, you’ve failed to give an estimate for your assumed distance and mist importantly, you neglect to attempt to falsify the currently understood distance via the scientific method or any other method for that matter.

No... when confronted with the short comings of your default position you ignore the requests for you to address the errors in your views and simply post another video. You’re the flat earth version of a young earth creationist, complete with your own version of the Gish Gallop.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Good post - I had to look up "autodidactic" - very apt.

here's one for you - "Dunning -Kruger Effect". Very apt too?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

There is a breed of internet poster, and it is particularly prevalent in flat earthers, who have absolutely no belief whatsoever in the theory that they ostensibly claim to support.

They are not in the least bit interested in proving the Earth is flat, they merely want to show off how clever they are. They don't want to prove their argument, they want to prove they can win one.

The posters supporting FE in this thread are, I believe, prime examples of this.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Fortunately they aren't clever...

Nor can they win an argument when they never address counter arguments

Not to mention the fact that the arguments they present have absolutely no merit to them

Flat earth fails at every turn...

amusing though to say the least...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

If they are trying to show off how clever they are, it isn't working out too well for them.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
where can I buy my very own 2 square foot of ice wall certificate , I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'd make do with a photo of it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

is this it !
ice wall

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Case closed!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Either one work as a descriptor for these folks.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: turbonium1

Then you should have no problem explaining why planes have always flown level, and always will fly level, which is level flight within air, not level to the ground below

Of all of the arguments this is one of the dumbest.

The altitude of an aircraft can be controlled. Believe it or not.
Gravity is not the only thing which determines the altitude at which an aircraft flies. Believe it or not.

On second thought, it might be the dumbest argument of all.

Because you can't answer the question I've repeatedly asked you....

All planes fly level, almost throughout flight.

All planes have measurements proving it is level flight.

They fly level WITHIN AIR.

If 'gravity' is making planes follow Earth's 'curvature', then every flight would be in a constant descent.

The planes cannot follow a 'curve', and fly level, at the same time.

While flying 'level', which is never even 'level', but let's assume it's 'level', anyway....they fly 'level' to Earth's 'curvature', or almost 'level'...which would still read as a DESCENT....!!

Sheesh..

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You still on about planes?

This little guide will help...
-Go to a library
-Find a book (or multiple books) about flight
-Read said book/books

If you still don’t get it, well, I’m sure you’ll just carry on ranting about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: Phage

Then you should have no problem explaining why planes have always flown level, and always will fly level, which is level flight within air, not level to the ground below

Of all of the arguments this is one of the dumbest.

The altitude of an aircraft can be controlled. Believe it or not.
Gravity is not the only thing which determines the altitude at which an aircraft flies. Believe it or not.

On second thought, it might be the dumbest argument of all.

Because you can't answer the question I've repeatedly asked you....

All planes fly level, almost throughout flight.

No, they fly at a specific altitude above sea level. When your plane is flying at 30,000 ft, it means 30K ft above sea level

All planes have measurements proving it is level flight.

Actually, it doesn't measure how level the plane is flying, it determines how many ft above sea level it is flying at. That is how altitude is measured.

They fly level WITHIN AIR.

stomping your feet and pouting by repeating the same thing ad nauseum doesn't make it any more true. It only cements your ignorance.

If 'gravity' is making planes follow Earth's 'curvature', then every flight would be in a constant descent.

The planes cannot follow a 'curve', and fly level, at the same time.

Fourth statement in a row repeating the same thing in different way doesn't have. Ny more impact in honoring up your negligent conclusions.

While flying 'level', which is never even 'level', but let's assume it's 'level', anyway....they fly 'level' to Earth's 'curvature', or almost 'level'...which would still read as a DESCENT....!!

Sheesh...

And it isn't any closer to being correct the 5th time. If there was an iota of validity to your statements you would be able to support them with citations instead of a boorish display of condescension and willful ignorance. See, if there were no gravity as you incorrectly state, then none of Newtons calculations would work. Yet they do and have for quite some time now.

Since you don't believe in gravity there probably isn't much of a point in trying to explain how an altimeter or vertical speed indicator works or what role barometric pressure plays in maintaining altitude. Say it with me... Planes do not fly level, the maintain altitude. No try it one more time by yourself. Practice in front of a mirror if you need to. Planes do not fly in a straight lime vertically. They maintain altitude in relation to sea level and the center of earths mass (you know... Gravity).

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
And again: Why aren't planes continually banking in one direction when following a line of latitude?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Screaming exactly the same things again and again and then denying that any of your points have been answered is a) par for the course for you and b) yet more proof that you are a troll.
edit on 10-3-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: typo

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Ascent means upward, descent means downward.

Being neither in ascent, or in descent, means 'level'.

Any upward direction is an ASCENT, whether a 'curvature', or mountain range, or canyons, or sea, below...the planes will ascend. Or descend.

It seems gravity doesn't stop planes from ascending, or descending, without following 'curvature'.

Gravity is the finest crap sold as 'science', over and over again.

A power that made all things possible. Earth's a ball, spinning 1000 mph, despite a motion very much unknown to actually exist, or feel, all the people have believed it is true, without knowing s#%# about it!!

Ancient maps show knowledge of Earth, far beyond simple myths, ignorance, or religious beliefs....

They knew every continent of Earth. Nobody 'found' Antarctica, years later. It was already shown in ancient maps.

Those maps depict creation, as a reality.

It means that we are not alone, life was created from a pile of s#&, over billions of years. Humans were once a bunch of extinct apes.

The point is to show humans are not special, or significant, have thoughts, or a spirit - we are worthless.

I've seen the moon in our blue skies, for nearly a week straight, now.

Our entire atmosphere is supposedly 300 miles, so blue skies are closer, still.

The moon is supposedly 250,000 miles away, in space.

So, the distant moon appears below our blue skies - nothing wacky about that!!

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join