It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
a reply to: LondonAirport

If you truly believe that we don't really exist, that the universe is nothing more than a computer simulation with everything programed in, that you can not believe in things, nor that anything is true.....I have 2 questions for you:

1) How in the world do you function in real life?

Problem with that, is that the hypothesis of a simulated earth is being questioned as valid by top Scientists. I doubt they're having a problem functioning in life, and if that's the case then we have to question all the other Scientific theories and other Scientists too.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LondonAirport
I had to create an account because turbonium1 has a point no-one addressed.

Please explain how we can see the moon under a blue sky?

It’s because the Moon, like the Earth around the sun, has a variable orbit around around the Earth. In astronomy this is perigee (closest distance of 221,559 miles) and apogee (farthest distance of 252,415 miles). The angle at which we see the moon also varies throughout the year. This combination of factors makes the moon visible during daylight hours.

Moon = Allegedly 250,000 miles away
Sky = 300 miles away

The sky is 300 miles away? What is the sky to you? Because for anyone who bothers to read and examine facts for themselves 300 miles above sea level is the official boundary between the Ionisphere and low earth orbit. Although it’s a somewhat arbitrary delineation because while incredibly thin, there are still gases that are part of our atmosphere beyond the 300 mile mark. You can pretend that it’s a made up distance but you haven’t provided anything that falsifies the calculated distance to the Moon. The Greeks managed to calculate the distance and circumference if the moon over 2 millennia ago. It’s simple geometry. You can do it all on your own. That’s how science works. Independent verification and the ability to repeat the results are crucial components of the Scientific Method. So unless you’ve done the work on your own and come up with different results, you’re talking out of your posterior.

Moon is below the blue sky, therefore, the moon is less than 300 miles away. Simple mathematics.

Explain THAT.

Is this serious? Or are you just here to jerk peoples chains for fun? Because your math isn’t simple. Only your approach to the topic is. Being low on the horizon doesn’t mean the Moon is inside the Ionisohere. If it were we wouldn’t be here because the moons gravity tugging at the earth and the earths gravity tugging at the moon would result in cataclysm for both.

ETA if you want to check for yourself, THIS will show you how to do so.
edit on 11-3-2018 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

It’s because the Moon, like the Earth around the sun, has a variable orbit around around the Earth. In astronomy this is perigee (closest distance of 221,559 miles) and apogee (farthest distance of 252,415 miles). The angle at which we see the moon also varies throughout the year. This combination of factors makes the moon visible during daylight hours.

Sky = 300 miles away

The sky is 300 miles away? What is the sky to you? Because for anyone who bothers to read and examine facts for themselves 300 miles above sea level is the official boundary between the Ionisphere and low earth orbit. Although it’s a somewhat arbitrary delineation because while incredibly thin, there are still gases that are part of our atmosphere beyond the 300 mile mark. You can pretend that it’s a made up distance but you haven’t provided anything that falsifies the calculated distance to the Moon. The Greeks managed to calculate the distance and circumference if the moon over 2 millennia ago. It’s simple geometry. You can do it all on your own. That’s how science works. Independent verification and the ability to repeat the results are crucial components of the Scientific Method. So unless you’ve done the work on your own and come up with different results, you’re talking out of your posterior.

Moon is below the blue sky, therefore, the moon is less than 300 miles away. Simple mathematics.

Explain THAT.

Is this serious? Or are you just here to jerk peoples chains for fun? Because your math isn’t simple. Only your approach to the topic is. Being low on the horizon doesn’t mean the Moon is inside the Ionisohere. If it were we wouldn’t be here because the moons gravity tugging at the earth and the earths gravity tugging at the moon would result in cataclysm for both.

ETA if you want to check for yourself, THIS will show you how to do so.

lol

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Care to explain the lol?

You seem to be implying that he's, somehow, wrong in his explanation to you.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Please feel free to utilize the scientific method and falsify any portion of my post. Unless of course the "lol" was a hearty chuckle at me for falling for your trolling fakery. If that's the case then kudos and well done. If not, tell me why I am incorrect if you are able.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Wouldn't worry either way...

This is the same guy that somehow believes the moon and venus are within the "blue sky"

Though perhaps he recanted over the night lol

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: peter vlar

Wouldn't worry either way...

This is the same guy that somehow believes the moon and venus are within the "blue sky"

Though perhaps he recanted over the night lol

Oh, I know all too well what I was dealing with haha. How seriously can you take see when their argument against earth being an oblate sphere is that he could see the moon drug the day so therefore it is less than 300 miles from earths surface, resigning within the ionosphere. But I'm trying to behave myself and stay within T&C so I kept my commentary to a minimum.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

You believe there is some incredible 'force', called gravity, which is pulling all objects downward, to its surface.
It even holds an entire atmosphere, and oceans, downward to the planet. Spins the planet, and everything else, 1000 mph. Holds a moon in its far-reaching 'grasp'.

Ok please explain to me what force it is that make things fall down to the ground?

Even if the earth was flat there has to be something attracting objects to the ground.

So what is this force that draws objects to the ground if not gravity?

Do proponents of the flat earth model have a different name for the force that attracts objects down to the ground?

If it has something to do with density as I have heard some flat earth believers say then how come things always fall down in a vacuum chamber?

Why will a ball bearing and a feather fall at the same speed in a vacuum chamber?

What force is compelling them to go to the ground instead of left right or up?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I
I mean, if you want to contain humanity, what better way to contain them, than make them believe they live on an isolated magic ball floating in nothingness, millions of miles away from anything else.

That lie would make me stop wanting to explore for sure.

Considering Elon Musk just manged to launch his car into a solar orbit kicking off a second space race with private aerospace companies humanity might get a chance to get off this ball floating in space.

I'm sure in the next two decades space tourism is going to increase with more people going to space just for the thrill of it.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i go away for a weekend - and this happens

34 posts in 10 hours .

the flat tard cultists are not hear for a discussion
edit on 12-3-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
In all my years of research, i've never seen a theory so vehemently opposed, as flat earth is. We have people on this forum seriously discussing the existence of little grey aliens that took over Dulce base like it's a fact, without real opposition, but talk about flat earth, and people will lose their minds and attack you in droves for even entertaining the idea.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Explain how birds are NOT "attached to the planet"?

Why would feeble little insects have the ability to defeat the incredible 'pulling forces' offered by gravity?

The Aerodynamics of their wings lets them produce lift similar to the way airplanes aerodynamics can produce lift
Also birds and insects are attached to the planet most of the time when they are not using their wings to produce lift.

They are not "attached" to anything. They fly whenever they want, and live in nests, which are above the Earth's surface. They may never even touch the surface of Earth, for that matter.

Nests, eggs, brooding. Look those up as they all require being on the surface of the Earth.

You believe there is some incredible 'force', called gravity, which is pulling all objects downward, to its surface.
It even holds an entire atmosphere, and oceans, downward to the planet. Spins the planet, and everything else, 1000 mph. Holds a moon in its far-reaching 'grasp'.

Don't have to "believe" in it. It's a actual Force that can be measured using a Gravimeter.

The acceleration force of gravity changes depending on altitude and your location on Earth. No need to fly or go into space to measure it. A person can literally walk around on the surface of the Earth and see how gravity changes. It's an actual physical thing that can be measured.

Here's some people that went out and did just that:

It would easily hold birds to the surface, too. If it holds the oceans, holds the atmosphere, holds all objects, holds the moon, and spins the whole planet, oceans, and atmosphere 1000 mph.... but it can't even hold a little frickin' bird down??

Flight proves there is NO 'pulling' force called 'gravity'.

Wrong: Flight proves there is another force called Lift.

Ever travel in a car down a highway at high speed? Stick your hand out the window. Feel that? Feel the air pushing your hand back (making flags and laundry flap, your hear move around, the trees swaying.......) ?

Basic physics. Newton's Laws of Motion. Gravity pulls the bird down, but lift (another force) counter acts that.

Countless experiments of many kinds done going back centuries....and can still be done today by anyone.

The Earth's gravity does not make it spin.

You have clearly shown with this single post a very large amount of ignorance when it comes to science. I'm not saying that as an insult. I'm merely stating that if one is going to argue the things you argue about, you should at least know what you're talking about.

You have been consistently told of different experiments that you yourself can do, most of which barely cost anything at all to go do. If anything, they might help educate you, instead of you sitting there making statements that clearly show you lack the understanding of most of these subjects to even qualify debating them.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cellardo0r
In all my years of research, i've never seen a theory so vehemently opposed, as flat earth is. We have people on this forum seriously discussing the existence of little grey aliens that took over Dulce base like it's a fact, without real opposition, but talk about flat earth, and people will lose their minds and attack you in droves for even entertaining the idea.

Because there COULD be little gray aliens. Not impossible, just quite-very-hugely (depends on view on topic) highly impropable.

And the flat earth is about as wrong as "the sun is as small as my thumbnail, because that nail can block out the sun completely, come and take a look!". Which is just wrong.

Scientific thinking has built you the machines to read this forum, and denying science won't bring up happy feelings on this board.

We are ready to believe the impropable, but not the impossible.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cellardo0r

I don't personally see how presenting basic sciences and having them denied without reason... while repeatedly stating false ideas as truth. Even though said ideas have been shown over and over to be completely wrong, and ignored

Then stating that said people are a little dull is an attack

more factual actually

Sorry

edit on 12-3-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No one can debunk the theory that all scientific measuring devices created in THIS universe are fundamentally flawed at measuring THIS universe because they are constrained to the laws of physics that THIS universe dictates.

Consider my "dot" again. I program him to think he's going north, I give him a compass that points "north".

He states, "I'm travelling North because this compass says so, therefore I am absolutely going north! No questions asked."

However, we all know that I have coded the simulated compass to move in a circle. Not travelling in one direction at all. Then we can all share a laugh and think, "Haha, what a silly ignorant little dot!"

Is it so hard to consider that this MIGHT be happening to us, but on a far far far more advanced scale? Open your minds. Free. Your. Mind.
edit on 12-3-2018 by LondonAirport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I have a theory that no one can debunk:-

You are trolling.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I have a theory that no one can debunk:-

You are trolling.

Well, if you feel you are being trolled, I can't help your feelings. Then I say to you, "Congrats! You got yourself trolled!"

The only thing I know for sure is: I can't control your feelings, so have a nice day pal!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Reminder:

Stay on topic.

Topic of the thread is Flat Earth.

While topics can and do stray into other areas, please refrain from derailing the thread with other topics.

If you feel that the topics you're introducing here warrant more discussion, then please create a thread on that topic in the correct forum.

As always:

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Because you can't answer the question I've repeatedly asked you....

Is that like you not knowing if you have legs and can go outside twice a day to either view the sun or moon to see the difference in perceptual size when the sun/moon are directly above and when they are at the horizon?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Sky = 300 miles away

Explain THAT.

The moon isn't "under" the blue sky.

NO its not mathematics its simply highlighting absolute stupidy.

That doesn't answer the question though. If I have a blue piece of paper and I put a ball in front of the paper, the ball is closer than the paper no? Are you saying if I shine light on the paper, some how it gets further away? Bizarre!

we can see the moon during the day for the same reason we can see it during the night, being because the Suns light reflects off it isn't answering the question?

Seriously?

One has to being having a stroke to come up with some of the trolling going on by some in this thread.

All I'm saying is question everything around you. Don't just swallow up everything someone says to you is true! Maybe the sky isn't 300 miles, maybe it's 1,000,000 miles? It would have to be a million miles surely, to be able to see venus and the sun on it?

No that was not what you were saying.

The sky is endless its what we see when we look up, it consists of the atmosphere and space we see above us.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join