It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
No seriously how much folks? Any ideas? Maybe one of the former Tea Party members on this great forum of ours can come out and give us a guesstimation? Taxed enough right? Small government right?

The first sign that Pence’s scurrying-off was staged: these were the San Francisco 49ers that the Colts were playing. The 49ers have been protesting racism during the anthem for over a year. Led by safety Eric Reid, the first player to kneel with Colin Kaepernick over a year ago, the 49ers are the team you’d pick if you wanted to fake outrage about someone peacefully protesting police brutality. Peter Alexander of NBC News tweeted almost immediately, “Reporters [accompanying Pence] were told to stay in van bc ‘there may be an early departure from the game.’” In other words, in advance of the anthem, Pence was planning to show up and then leave.

Then the veep’s own publicly available schedule tripped him up. That morning, his team let it be known that Pence would be at a California fundraiser by 6:30pm. The plane was gassed up and ready to go.

www.thenation.com...

More.

Air Force 2 costs the government $42,936 an hour to fly, and estimated Pence’s trip to Indianapolis took about two and a half hours flying time, each way. That would put the flight’s cost well over $200,000.

And that doesn’t include the costs of a hotel room in Indianapolis,where Pence spent Saturday night, and extra police protection in Indianapolis. Fans at Sunday’s game were asked to show up early due to enhanced security at the stadium.

www.marketwatch.com...

Oh but it's pocket change right? So who cares right? Well no it's not 'pocket change'. It's money that could gone to better use somewhere else like Puerto Rico? Texas? Lousiana is about to be hit. Florida got hit. How much plates of food could that money have created? Considering the constant outrage on this forum by the same characters over the last 8 years over government money use, tax payer funds used, pure silence over this. Silence over tax payer money being used for this stunt to suit ones ego. Pence and Trump knew full well some of those players were going to kneel. The only people claiming this was genuine outrage on the side of the Vice President are lying to themselves and everybody else.

You know the worst thing? This stunt will be forgotten by next week and all that money gone for good. All for this stunt that goes nowhere. Anybody who pushes the nonsense Pence is trying to get out there following this stunt really need to question where their priorities lie.

Here come the excuses.

LOL...and how much was spent on the GA sp3cial election the dems lost? $30+ MILLION.....Let me know when the GoP catches up to that fail with football walkouts.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

How stupid do they think people are?

Going by the deflection in this thread however stupid they think people are they're probably right.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Flight time from DC to LA is a little over 5 hours, Indianapolis is 1.5 hours along the same path, so what this cost us is about 20 mins of extra time in TO/Landing. If the VP was going to CA anyways I do not see the 200k that the OP was talking about.

Also DC to Indianapolis is not 2 hours lol...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The GOP spends plenty lol,..

They love spending. Can't balance a budget to save their lives.

At least liberals don't pretend to be conservative.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And how much was spent on things like securing the stadium? Estimates I've seen put Pence's publicity stunt at costing the American taxpayers over $1 million.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It costs the taxpayers nearly $4 million every time Trump goes to Mar-a-lago. Guess whose hotel that is? Trump's.

I don't know how many times Trump has been but I know it's at least 10 times. That's nearly $40 million. And guess who part of those expenses goes to? Trump, he's taking paid vacations on the taxpayers dime, how generous of him.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The GOP spends plenty lol,..

They love spending. Can't balance a budget to save their lives.

At least liberals don't pretend to be conservative.

But its like one steals a pack of gum and the other is a bank robber... I guess we can call both thiefs...lol

I'm still waiting on that 800 billion that was part of the stimulus package the Dems put together that just seemed to dry up in thin air...

edit on 9-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you can't govern or legislate why not just wag the dog?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

That's a joke.

Why do republican majority states need so much federal money to run their budget?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And how much was spent on things like securing the stadium? Estimates I've seen put Pence's publicity stunt at costing the American taxpayers over $1 million.

You shifting gears on me...lol The OP post was all about the 200k inflated flight cost, so now you are going in with everything to say ....but...but what about the million dollar security...geez

I would say if the VP walked down the street of DC to get a bagel it cost a lot, so once again show me how this cost more than a typical day that he is out and about.

And a million...give me a break...

I would say the 30 mins to an hour of extra time for the security was the cost, they must make a lot per hour...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

whilst Pence was actually upset at the disrespect of the flag?

Not for leaving. Trump gave an order to him.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That's a joke.

Why do republican majority states need so much federal money to run their budget?

You are right the 800 billion lost was a joke played on us..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It costs the taxpayers nearly $4 million every time Trump goes to Mar-a-lago. Guess whose hotel that is? Trump's.

I don't know how many times Trump has been but I know it's at least 10 times. That's nearly $40 million. And guess who part of those expenses goes to? Trump, he's taking paid vacations on the taxpayers dime, how generous of him.

I am sure he has a great time too down there...

edit on 9/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You shifting gears on me...lol The OP post was all about the 200k inflated flight cost, so now you are going in with everything to say ....but...but what about the million dollar security...geez

I would say if the VP walked down the street of DC to get a bagel it cost a lot, so once again show me how this cost more than a typical day that he is out and about.

And a million...give me a break...

I would say the 30 mins to an hour of extra time for the security was the cost, they must make a lot per hour...

They do. The secret service isn't exactly a group of off duty cops.

Point is it was a cheap wag the dog or stunt.

One the administration wouldn't need without a sea of problems they are dealing with.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Did you include GWB?

How about the NC special session to pass a bathroom bill for a few religious extremists.

It cost the state over a billion dollars and lost investors.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Did you include GWB?

How about the NC special session to pass a bathroom bill for a few religious extremists.

It cost the state over a billion dollars and lost investors.

And you bought into the deflection. Now we aren't talking about Pence's political stunt.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Administration doesn't need this? Oh, I disagree. Anytime you can get radicals to expose themselves as hypocrites, it's money well spent. I am sure his supporters are fine paying their tax for it...after all, they have to pay tax for so much they hate (thanks to liberals), it'll be a welcome respite for them knowing their money is going on a good cause.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think I am just putting into context of the other stunts that were needless spending that will produce no actual results for the common person.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Lol. And the victim becomes the tyrant.

Good luck with that.

Personally I want the country to be great not a bunch of fake ideas.

I blame anyone who is a zombie following their party as they force hypocrisy down their throat.
edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

they're counting on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join